Still working on Mephiston for LPC. Firmly in the “10,000 details before actually finished phase).

Also doing test models of an Incursors, Eliminator, and Scout Biker based off of my “midnight” theme I had made a post about.

Also 1/2 way through another 5x Tactical/Support dudes for my IX Legion. Also sloooowly chipping away at Raldoron.

....also randomly decided to get painting on a converted Primus Medicae in Cataphractii armor for my IX Legion....

...so plenty going on. I weirdly sometimes find it easier to work on multiple things at a time since it keeps the momentum while paint or wash is drying etc...

Primed 10 chainsword/pistol intercessors, 3 of the dual flamer guys, and 5 stalker bolt rifles.  I think I have a couple more easy to build primaris so I'll try to make 3 of the new first company sword/stormshield guys to prime and I need to convert 5 more stalker rifles. 

Had a friendly game against a friend's Custodes with some FW options (2 of their dreads, flying tank and Sagittarii in addition to their usual bikes and infantry). I managed a 15:11 win in 3 turns due to time limit, but was generally on a good way to tabling my opponent.

I played an infantry castle with 2 units of Suppressors, CompAncient and Eliminators with Captain re-rolls and Astorath for occasional Recitation of Focus. Also my first time using Stalker Bolt Rifles. My counter strike units were Mephiston and SG.

Custodes are sooo tough!

Remembered my grenades this time :D

Edit: also Infiltrators' bolters abilities are nice for pushing wounds through with a AP0 weapon ;)

Got to detonate Incursors' mine too!

Edited by Majkhel

Hes old, like.. really old. Its not surprising he is accepting of the idea of death.

I didnt feel like it was particularly primaris praising, more that it just showed an Avenue of hope (which is, afterall our thing). And naturally, the hope has since been proven unwarranted via scenes in our codex, scenes from psychic awakening and scenes from darkness in the blood :)

It was a terrible Deus Ex Machina and I hated how Sigmar showed up with his retinue of Mary Sue Stormcast to save the day. Very conveniently decimated all oldmarines to replace them with Primaris stuff after an apocalyptic battle that was ultimately absolutely inconsequential as nobody important died.

It was a fanfiction level story that only served to Primaris-ize the BA, which would be a problematic Legion to sell as embracing them.

Edited by appiah5

It was a terrible Deus Ex Machina and I hated how Sigmar showed up with his retinue of Mary Sue Stormcast to save the day. Very conveniently decimated all oldmarines to replace them with Primaris stuff after an apocalyptic battle that was ultimately absolutely inconsequential as nobody important died.

It was a fanfiction level story that only served to Primaris-ize the BA, which would be a problematic Legion to sell as embracing them.

Except the way it was written is that the majority of the battle was already fought by the time the Primaris arrived so they did basically only clean up duty and it was made very clear that the Blood Angels were still producing regular Marines alongside Primaris.

About the battle being inconsqequential ... welcome to 40k storytelling. It's been since forever like that and is unlikely to change.

I'm not sure you are willing to reconsider your opinion though seeing how your post is just oozing Primaris hate. :huh:

The primaris show up to an already won battle and just do cleanup.

Technically it was chaos that saved the day.

Oh come on, really? Nothing? :wink:

To be honest, I'm saving money for the 9th ed box myself (or 2 maybe), but I'm also already planning on options to convert both the Assault Intercessors and the board-boys. I really hope GW will not pull again the they thing did with the Sororitas box and Repentias - there were 4 of them in the box, and max unit size is 9, so even with 2 starter boxes, you could not fill a full squad if needed. 

Edited by Majkhel

I think the LT from Shadowspear was only in that box as well. Probably have at least one of the characters in the new box be exclusive to that. 

I've bought a couple things to convert up my own Assault Intercessors. And I'll still be adding to my Sororitas army. But probably not too many big purchases coming up. 

I own all the primaris stuff, in most cases in many multiples lol.

I'm saving because I just bought a new computer and am mid house renovation haha

Gotta save up for new toys

Edited by Blindhamster