It was on the BA Discord channel. Fluff like this, Tycho's fall during Armageddon, Sanguinius' final moments. Even parts of Devastation of Baal can be so moving. Our plight is tragedy that we draw strength from; it's supposed to get you in the feels.

I'm back after a long hiatus. it's done brothers. I am a full fledged Sanguinary Noviate. Some day I will be a priest amongst the hallowed halls of Baal but for now. Boards are passed and school is over.

Already accepted a job in the hospital and start in two weeks. It's been a long time coming. Thankfully I'm back now. 

It's finally over!~

Our assault squads just got their melta guns back.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/n2KFvj3bgo3Cr6V3.pdf

Exactly this happened at the start of 8th with that index also.

Yahoo, my double-melta pod squads are back. Only downside is that they are competing for FA slots against MM Attack bikes for a similar duty and my bouncy friends, the Plasmaceptors. Well plenty of choice is a nice problem to have. :smile.:

Our assault squads just got their melta guns back.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/n2KFvj3bgo3Cr6V3.pdf

Exactly this happened at the start of 8th with that index also.

Yahoo, my double-melta pod squads are back. Only downside is that they are competing for FA slots against MM Attack bikes for a similar duty and my bouncy friends, the Plasmaceptors. Well plenty of choice is a nice problem to have. :smile.:

Yea, the attack bike has double the melta shots for about half the cost? If you're putting something in a pod it could be multimelta/combi melta tactical squad also.

Nice Spagunk

And yeah, volkites make great grav substitutes.

I'm painting up a sanguinary priest that went absolutely ham my past 2 games, he deserves it.

Did 2 wounds over a turn to a termi squad with his stock bolt pistol of all things, and then fought and killed a (wounded, but still) salamander termi librarian that charged *him*, then next game rezzed about a full squad of bikes (attack bike twice, 2 other bikes) and healed himself about 7 wounds over the course of the game.

Good Times.

Great job Spagunk!
I love the iron/pure ceramite additions! Especially the guy at the back with a bare plastron. 
Also, how did you managed to pain their eye lenses so well? I struggle with those FW casts that have eye-slits.

Great job Spagunk!

I love the iron/pure ceramite additions! Especially the guy at the back with a bare plastron. 

Also, how did you managed to pain their eye lenses so well? I struggle with those FW casts that have eye-slits.

It's not easy. I have really small brushes and I still need about 2-3 attempts and a lot of correcting.

I usually just end up painting "nike swooshes" in various line widths, progressively smaller the brighter the highlight is. A little dot on the opposite corner usually is enough to get the effect when you're standing >12" away.

Has anyone attempted to use Death Company Intercessors?

With an extra base attack, and only assault intercessors getting fight again, (which DC versions may or may not gain access to in our supplament) and the removal of the SoS, so a 6+++ is the best you can get, DC intercessors with the newly buffed chainswords might be worth looking at?

I feel that normal DC are heavily outshone by SG, as you get a 2+ armor and a master crafted power weapon and the same # of attacks for 5 extra points, but DC assault intercessors get a whopping 6 attacks EACH the turn they charge, 7 if Savage Echoes is triggered through either strats, priests, or turn 3+.

A 50% damage bonus compared to regular assault intercessors and a native 6+++ for 5 pts is maybe good enough to lose obsec?

Was thinking of 9 in a repulsor as a hammer unit in an otherwise armor heavy list.

I haven't quite figured out DC in 9th edition yet. I still like the Jump Packs for mobility and Reserve deployment on the Firstborn version, as well as the ability to pack in a few more Fists.

My current thoughts revolve around MSU DC. 3 squads of 5 led by Lemartes. He uses Commanding oratory on the turn they drop to auto-chant Canticle of Hate meaning all 2 squads (as well as himself) only need 7" rerollable charges. By bring them on T2 or even T3, you should have cleared a landing zone and there will likely be understrength/damaged units around at that point that will be easy meat for 5-strong DC, particularly if Savage Echoes is in play.

With HQ slots being at rarity, I can’t really get myself to include Lemartes for now. He either got a buff or a nerf with the index, depending on how you want to look at it. with DC not being the prime damage dealer at the moment, he’s more supplementary rather than auto-include.

I’m trying to get a base squad with JP in my lists, though. With no temptation to forlorn fury them up the board, they can utilise cover and clear chaff quite well before the main assault.