It appears that we are getting a Primaris Death Company box as well, which will be a 5 man sprue of Intercessors with a BA Primaris upgrade sprue. This would be similar to the Space Wolves Hounds Of Morkai, which was a Reivers sprue with a SW Primaris upgrade sprue added. If the pricing is the same it's a bit much for what you get as they are basically charging £10 for the upgrade sprue.

The BA lore on Warhammer Community does not retcon our lore in any way as far as I can tell.

The only odd thing is that they mention first occurrence of the Red Thirst to happen on Signus Prime, while other HH books tell that it was to be found earlier as well although not on a mass-scale like on Signus Prime. After all, Red Thirst (and the fact that Horus was aware of it) was the foundation of the trap that was laid for Blood Angels on Signus Prime. 

I would say that it's just an overlook on the GW side, that simply wanted to tag one of their products (Fear to Tread) in the article :teehee:

It appears that we are getting a Primaris Death Company box as well, which will be a 5 man sprue of Intercessors with a BA Primaris upgrade sprue. This would be similar to the Space Wolves Hounds Of Morkai, which was a Reivers sprue with a SW Primaris upgrade sprue added. If the pricing is the same it's a bit much for what you get as they are basically charging £10 for the upgrade sprue.

£27.50 isn't a great price for these as you can get 10 Intercessors for £35. In the last release they bundled normal marine kits with an upgrade frame at a tiny additional cost, maybe £2, here they're charging almost full price. 

Other than that, I'm super kee no nthe rest. BA codex, Darkness in the Blood and maybe the cards getting ordered next weekend...

The BA lore on Warhammer Community does not retcon our lore in any way as far as I can tell.

The only odd thing is that they mention first occurrence of the Red Thirst to happen on Signus Prime, while other HH books tell that it was to be found earlier as well although not on a mass-scale like on Signus Prime. After all, Red Thirst (and the fact that Horus was aware of it) was the foundation of the trap that was laid for Blood Angels on Signus Prime. 

I would say that it's just an overlook on the GW side, that simply wanted to tag one of their products (Fear to Tread) in the article :teehee:

I put it down to it being told from the POV of an unreliable narrator. 

Well, thanks for that teaser that has a grand total of 2 things we didn't see in the index gw

*facepalm*

We didn't need to see the rules for savage echoes, black rage, and magna-grapples again

Red Rampage seems meh, but at least its cheap and army wide. (1 cp, once per game only, unmodified 6s to wound with pistol and melee weapons get -1 ap)

And giving a character a 2nd relic (from the special issue wargear) is pretty cool, will make adamantine mantle, icon, and master crafted pop up more often, but making it be a warlord trait feels bad.

But when you name the preview descent of angels and don't tease anything to do with jump packs seems... almost insulting

Edited by The Unseen

£27.50 isn't a great price for these as you can get 10 Intercessors for £35. In the last release they bundled normal marine kits with an upgrade frame at a tiny additional cost, maybe £2, here they're charging almost full price.

Other than that, I'm super kee no nthe rest. BA codex, Darkness in the Blood and maybe the cards getting ordered next weekend...

Exactly. If you wanted a 10 man squad of these DC Intercessors it would be cheaper to buy the normal 10 man box of Intercessors and then two of the BA Primaris upgrade sprues. This really shouldn't be the case. I remember those boxes you mentioned, I brought the BA Hellblasters, Intercessors and Aggressors. They were a nice little saving on the upgrades.

Which oldmarine power/weapon arms look best on intercessor models if I go that route for my Death Company?

Probably fists since they're already quite big, and hammers. BA swords don't look to bad, either. I would suggest picking up assault intercessors from ebay and indomitus, magnetizing the back and weapon arms so you can swith between Principia and primaris marines as it suits you. The extra work at the beginning could pay for itself in the end.

Which oldmarine power/weapon arms look best on intercessor models if I go that route for my Death Company?

None of them look bad, especially if you keep the AI arms and just replace weapons at the hand

Even the chainswords don't look any smaller on the table unless you look really closely with the old and new right next to one another.

I replaced most of the plain bolt pistols with the small bolters from the DC kit, and a lot of the chainswords with ones with a bit of bling. The "sarge" got a DC power fist and the plasma pistol replaced with an inferno pistol, and it looks fine.

Heroic scale means the original weapons were way over-sized, so they dont look small on Primaris.

So, does anyone have good alternate models for Inceptors?

I was avoiding them, because I hate their weird poses and *skates*, so getting them to look good is going to take a fair amount of modeling, and I don't even like their weapons much either

The mini shields, not a fan.

But the new rules for BA *heavily* incetivizes a unit of them, as they're just about the only jump unit with enough firepower to make descent of angels worth using on, and the plasma ones hitting on 2's is extremely good.

How difficult would it be to maybe use volkite calivers or similar on a suppressor body?

Wish they'd released a damn multi-part kit for them already.

Not a bad idea, technically. Suppressors do have skates as well though, and their bulky armour also doesn’t look like they should be flying, even though they’re not as bad as than Inceptors.

Price is also an issue. You can spend the equivalent of around 80€ on a vanguard box for 3 including the rest of the force (minus any discounts), sell the rest of the marines and do it all again. That’s potentially 140-160€ for 6 models for which you’ll wait for return on investment a bit. It could be worth it though, might costs you 10-15€ per Suppressor squad if eBay is kind to you.

Volkite Calivers would be 17€ for 10, so unless you didn’t want the 6th guy, you can build 5 with the “plasma”. They would require some cutting, but nothing too serious. A problem I could see is that they’re FW bits for Firstborn, and could look a bit tiny in the hands of primaris marines. I’d have to see both in person to give a better judgment though.

You’d also need to trim the ammo belts from the backpacks of the Suppressors, which is easy enough - I’d suggest maybe running some cables of guitar wire to the guns so that the bulky ammo canisters don’t look too out of place.

It’s an ambitious project in parts, mostly about collecting the amount of models on the cheap - unless you already have them!

For me personally Suppressors have even worse bodies, which additionally have 2 the same poses in a single set. They also lack the bulkiness to represent Gravis armour.

As fro the guns, firstborn volkites and plasma pistols are noticeably smaller. But you could perhaps join 2 in a Storm Bolter fashion? Wrist mounted?

Perhaps GK bits could be used?

Good luck with the kitbash!

So, does anyone have good alternate models for Inceptors?

How about normal jump pack Marines with a shield to represent the extra protection of Gravis armour and some sort of double-barrelled plasma gun to represent the 2 Plasma blasters?

To be fair, even regular Inceptors look good in red. :wink:

med_gallery_82363_13858_616023.jpg

Personally I think no color on this earth can make Inceptors look good..

Dual Linked Plasma with Storm Shield sounds fine to me though, much more badass.

See I actually love ‘em, and Centurions as well. Aggressors on the other hand I think are :cuss y garbage. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Or maybe use those forgeworld jump pack custodes

That's a cool idea, the design with the winged jump packs fits the BA aesthetic pretty well. Give them SM helms to replace the bare Custodes heads and they would look great. The volkite pistols they come with look a bit weedy by there is no shortage of plasma guns you could use.

Go on then, so who has caved and ordered things today?

For me I've nabbed the Astorath book, Guy Haley really is a master of "modern" blood angels so I can't wait for that.
Picked up the "special edition" book against better judgement, but I've picked up every BA special ed (and the marine special ed this time) for many years now...

Dice and Cards, because I'm also a D&D player and have the mentality that you can never have too many dice lol. Cards are just handy

Assault intercessors and a Gladius.

I've avoided the death company intercessors, they feel like such a scam :( and didn't get the battleforce as I already have 60 regular intercessors and a lot of phobos units too, plus three (different) librarians and 2 impulsors... but I do think the set would be good for newcomers still.

Also... the official paint job for our incursors is GLORIOUS, they really nailed the red on them and the yellow doesn't look silly either.

I ordered the codex and that's all - aside from the Nid box. I have lots of BA Chessex dice already and don't need more, as cool as they look. Might get the cards, though I dont think I need them. Are they limited?

Im not sure if the cards are limited honestly! I know they're the sort of thing thats useful to have for actually playing though.

Agreed on the dice, I just bought them because I love dice... (every RPG character I make gets at least one set of dice for example, and if i run a game, I usually have more than that)