I ordered the LE Astorath book. Wanted to get a framed art picture set like the wolves and DW got. But alas they didnt release one.. =(

So i got a bit disappointed and held of on ordering anything else. Was tempted to buy the patrol box + supplement, but have a huge backlog and wont play for a foreseeable future due to lock down. =(

Will probably pick those things up at a later date though. =)

I ordered the codex and that's all - aside from the Nid box. I have lots of BA Chessex dice already and don't need more, as cool as they look. Might get the cards, though I dont think I need them. Are they limited?

I got weak and ordered the dice, the book and the cards - even though I have 60 Chessex dice (or around that figure) from the forum dice runs already...at least they’ll fit in nicely, being the same colour.

There’s also a new article from Goonhammer up if you’re inclined to read their review of the supplement - I share some of their feelings in that the book is mostly a sidegrade and feels lazy in parts.

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-supplement-blood-angels-the-goonhammer-review/

I ordered two combat Patrol boxes, the supplement, dice and cards. Think my Mrs got me assault intersessors and Gladiator for Christmas, my pileof shame is out of hand!

I wonder if the combat Patrol box comes with a decal sheet. It's not listed in the contents but as they are on the models it would be nice. Strange but good there are two upgrade sprues included as only one is needed for the models in the box.

I was also a bit disappointed that we didn't get the artwork that the previous releases got. Also think it's strange that our dice are packaged differently to the recent releases as well. The dice sold out pretty quickly on the GW site.

Hardback codex, dice and cards for me. Along with astorath and the newer sanguinary priest (first time I'll actually own these two models). Assault intercessors will come from my preferred flgs, I would have ordered it all from there but they didn't get allocated any dice..

Go on then, so who has caved and ordered things today?

For me I've nabbed the Astorath book, Guy Haley really is a master of "modern" blood angels so I can't wait for that.

Picked up the "special edition" book against better judgement, but I've picked up every BA special ed (and the marine special ed this time) for many years now...

Dice and Cards, because I'm also a D&D player and have the mentality that you can never have too many dice lol. Cards are just handy

Assault intercessors and a Gladius.

I've avoided the death company intercessors, they feel like such a scam :( and didn't get the battleforce as I already have 60 regular intercessors and a lot of phobos units too, plus three (different) librarians and 2 impulsors... but I do think the set would be good for newcomers still.

Also... the official paint job for our incursors is GLORIOUS, they really nailed the red on them and the yellow doesn't look silly either.

I will likely pre-order the regular Supplement and dice from my awesome FLGS. Dice will be cool since I have the previous BA dice (mix of red, black, gold dice with blood drop pips) as well as the FW BA dice (which are cool, but not as stunning as other 30k Legions’ dice...a bit of black would have made a huge difference)...so another 20ish BA dove will mean I come closer to my abitrary and pointless goal of never having to use non-BA docs in a game.

Im reluctant to pay for the Supplement since the new system of buying a physical book to unlock a :cuss -ing terrible app really grinds my goat...and I’m also quite annoyed about flavor changes to DoA, UWoF, and Red Rampage Strats....but how do you simultaneously lodge protest yet also support with your wallet? It’s not like you can only pay for certain parts of a book....

...I am actually interested in the book overall, and as always will withhold judgement until book in hand and can fully absorb.

I also have Darkness in the Blood and the first Mephiston book by Hinks in the Audible queue ready to go for when I crank through this next batch of IX Legion guys, and then maybe convert some of the BA Intercessors I have but will never use into DC Intercessors for the heck of it.

Have some big hobby ambitions for closing out the year, especially since I start a job Monday.

Edited by Indefragable

Oddly I didn't find it curtail to preorder anything.  I'll be looking through my preferred ebay stores next week. Seems like most of them took the weekend off. 
Not sure what I think about the 80 dollar price tag on the Gladiator. Seems a bit high. It's all good most of what I actually want will still be available next month or after. 

I ordered the supplement, patrol box and dice. I wasn’t going to get dice but being a more sensible design tempted me, and I could use another batch.

The patrol box was a winner for me as I need an Impulsor, some extra troops and the aggressors as I only have the 3 from the Tooth and Claw set. I also don’t have that librarian model yet, so it’s a win all round.

I don't understand people calling the need codex weak or a side grade. SM are S teir, they are crazy efficient if you then add on things like 30pt SG with old movement strats and banner it just gets silly and will result in an equally silly over nerf from GW.

We lost a few things, gained a few things but remain incredibly strong army that has the option of being more than a one trick pony.

Obviously if you still want to flog the corpse of said pony then 30 SG and 30 DC is a great beat stick to start with

The rules I'm fine with. Used to utter garbage tier DA rules, so these are great. Far from where DA were last edition, literally unplayable with no ability to even express the basic things that constitute their faction. No complaints from me about the 9E BA rules.

I don't see a lack in ability to perform as the faction should, there's expanded rules for Death Company, etc.

Overall, rules are moving forward in a positive direction all across the board I think.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I’m not too keen on the supplement.

I felt like the 8th codex was far more exciting and unique.

In 9th, the supplement doesn’t really have anything that stands out. I feel all the good traits, relics, and psyker abilities are in the SM codex, and the supplement is pretty much promoting Sanguinary Guard spam along with several duplicates +1 to hit and reroll charge abilities.

The new supplement has a completely new mechanic for Death Company characters. Without that, it's still at least as unique as the 8th edition codex was. And if you add in the Crusade stuff, it completely blows the old codex out of the water in terms of character and flavor. 

I think it is somewhat unfair to compare the new supplement directly to the old codex. They were each written for different editions which themselves have different goals for playing. I get that it is natural to compare the two and it's not wrong to do so. But they need to be compared with the understanding that the supplement is a new codex for a new edition and not supposed to be an upgrade of the last codex. 

So I have an indomitus box built and undercoated ready to go, plus an impulsor or two waiting to be built. I just went for the Codex, cards and a Gladiator.

Was tempted to get some assault intercessors for converting so nice models. Does anyone know if the primaris models have the same size torso as the sanguinary guard models?

I don't really plan to buy any firstborn outside of Heresy and I'd rather a different chapter for Primaris methinks.

Yeah well.. I hear you, and I did exactly that.

Haha, me three, though I stayed a little closer to home with the Primaris colour schemes. I'm using a variety of successor chapters which can use whatever chapter tactics I see fit. 

@Mordas - after your post I kit-bashed this:

gallery_105306_14251_16962.jpg

This is a mutilated body of an Indomitus Chaplain (Crozius arm and front taken away for another project. But you can see how much I will need to add on the sides, especially in the lower section below the chest piece. So far I would say the most important thing is to align the neck/gorget area and work from there.