Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
11180 replies to this topic

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,734 posts

I find myself in the interesting position of having a little Christmas money. 
I called my good friend to ask his advice and we're thinking I should spring for 3 Hammerfall bunkers. 
I'm not 100% sure though. 

Is any one using them?

I remember advising my 'good friend' in 3rd ed that the ion cannon was superior to the rail gun on his Tau Hammerhead. devil.gif

BA have the advantage that we have enough jump stuff to leap over that terrain. 1 might be ok, 3 will entirely block off your deployment zone on 9th ed smaller tables and give you a headache. 

Get one if you really like the models - the rules aren't spectacular. The servo turrets work better as semi-mobile defence platforms. For the ┬úprice of 3 bunkers, you can get 3 ATV's and 2 servo turrets, which would undoubtedly be better. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,787 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Thanks for the input.
I realize the Hammerfall bunker doesn't seem fibulas. Having player Orks for more than 20 years I think at a minimum 2 of these should be fielded. Ork units have the same problems, some of them are just worthless unless you take 3 or more of a kind. 
I didn't realize the DZ's were that small this edition. One of my usual opponents has been talking about some kind of full infantry AM army and I have been thinking these bunkers could be just the thing for thinning his ranks. Putting him on the defensives from the start. 

It's between these or the firststrike turrets. I just imagine the bunkers getting to target more units and roll more attacks from the start than the turrets. 
I guess these just don't fit in very well with the modern competitive mindset, most of you seem like more competitive oriented oriented players. 
So I can understand why the bunkers wouldn't be overly exciting choices for a lot of you.

Thanks again for the input. I'll be thinking it over for a few days before I pull the trigger on anything. 

Edit
Yikes, I was wrong.
I thought the Heavy Bolters were 6 shots not 3. 
3 shots each is just too few dice to save this unit. 
I'll likely go with the firestrike turrets instead. 

Edited by Warhead01, 03 December 2020 - 05:09 PM.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

DarkMark

DarkMark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Have GW really removed the BA Tactical squad from their store? If so, I think that's a tragic thing. What a bitter sweet day for us.sweat.gif

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,053 posts
I doubt that the Tactical squad has been withdrawn. More likely it is just temporarily out of stock while they rebox it for 9th edition. This happened to the SW boxes last month.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

JakeusMaxemus

JakeusMaxemus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Greetings brothers of Baal, first post on B & C! :)
Glad to be on here at last!
Just a note I was lucky enough to get an order for the Astorath limited Ed book and its arrived today with a BA combat patrol and set of DC intercessors, super stoked to read it! The book is absolutely gorgeous!
Early seasons greetings to yall!
  • Warhead01, Xenith, Indefragable and 2 others like this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,496 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Greetings brothers of Baal, first post on B & C! smile.png
Glad to be on here at last!
Just a note I was lucky enough to get an order for the Astorath limited Ed book and its arrived today with a BA combat patrol and set of DC intercessors, super stoked to read it! The book is absolutely gorgeous!
Early seasons greetings to yall!

Welcome to Baal. 

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels Chapter, Blood Angels Legion, Blood Angels Inspirational, Blood Angels Successors

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)