As an attorney, I wish the judicar was a HQ choice. But as it's not, I just keep taking the next closest choice, the Librarian.

Well, Judiciars are Chaplains-in-training, right? And from HH Book 8: Malevolence, the Blood Angels Legion had a special role called the Judiciar even during the heresy, which would have been filled out by Chaplains.

I guess Librarians rifle through tomes of ancient knowledge for an advantage over their opponents, though.

Lawyers and all their legal-mumbo-jumbo, speaking to the robed gods on their thrones, offering precedents for the precedent god, procedure for the procedure throne....

...might as well be Librarians in the 40k sense.

Peasant: "Oh no! They’re going to take my house away!"

Lawyer: <waves hand> "I summon, Motion to Stay. That'll be $5,000 please and half your soul, please."

Edited by Indefragable

Lawyers and all their legal-mumbo-jumbo, speaking to the robed gods on their thrones, offering precedents for the precedent god, procedure for the procedure throne....

...might as well be Librarians in the 40k sense.

Peasant: "Oh no! I'm going to take my house away!"

Lawyer: <waves hand> "I summon, Motion to Stay. That'll be $5,000 please and half your soul, please."

If you or a loved one has suffered from being turned into a servitor skull you may be entitled to compensation. Call the Horus law office hotline now to see if you qualify for a class action suit against the Imperium!

Arbites got you locked up down in the inner hive after falsely accusing you of gang fighting? Your state attorney is only a holo-comm call away. The Emperor protects, and will provide you with legal representation in time for your trial in... 54,134 standard Terran date units.

A question maybe asked befor so sorry if I am repeating it.

Is Unleashe rage working with thunder hammers and assault intercessors fight twice strat ?

Yes, Unleash Rage specifies that it remains in play until the start of your next psychic phase. So if the unit fights more than once, the power will still be in effect each time.

The power also specifies "unmodified 6s". This means that even if the weapon has a -1 to-Hit penalty (like the Thunder Hammer), a roll of a 6 will still score an additional hit.

However, if some ability grants the squad +1 to-Hit, only natural 6s will generate an additional hit. Rolls of a 5 do not generate additional hits.

Is Unleashe rage working with thunder hammers and assault intercessors fight twice strat ?

Hmm. The generic trait that gives 2 hits on 6's, plus unleash rage...on a thunder hammer Chapter Master buffing himself. Reroll all misses, each 6 gets you 2 bonus hits. 

Hmm. The generic trait that gives 2 hits on 6's, plus unleash rage...on a thunder hammer Chapter Master buffing himself. Reroll all misses, each 6 gets you 2 bonus hits.

5 attacks on the Charge, 6 with Savage Echoes. Should be 8-9 hits. With a MC Hammer, that is around 32-36 wounds (allowing for toughness and saves of course).

Not quite Captain Smash levels of damage but not too shabby and a lot cheaper on CPs.

Now that we have access to the vanilla Marines psychic discipline, we can use Might of Heroes instead, which unless I'm missing something is just flat out better than Unleash Rage. There's also a power for granting re-rollable charges, in case your Icon of the Angel is busy elsewhere.

Sanguinary Discipline looks kinda underwhelming to me these days I'm afraid to say.

On a single model, Might of Heroes is definitely far better. However the advantage of Unleash Rage is that it can target any Core unit. Any unit with a good number of attacks will make excellent use of exploding 6s.

Actually, the Core restriction means you can't cast Unleash Rage on a Character.

Well, played 2 games vs Harlies last night, lost both but learned a lot.

Namely, there's a reason Harlies are tier 1

And for BA to stand a chance, your gonna have to pack some ranged fire to pop their boats, as if you let the troupes pop out and charge you, we lose.

(I ran a pretty much melee only list, save for 5 inceptors and 3 mm attack bikes, nothing else)

Null zone chief librarian is nuts, but I was too aggressive first game and used it to pop a few boats and killed a squad of bikes, but then he got murdered, and 2nd game I forgot the warlord troupe master can pile out, move+advance and charge after a boat moves, and then consolidate 6" towards a transport and pile back in. Silly me, thinking my librarian was safe being 24+" away from anything.

So that was fun.

That and the attack bikes dying to the last attack he could make that round, meaning they could be healed/rezzed was basically where I lost, though I still ground it out to a close 59 to 68.

I'm still very unimpressed with DC, their damage output is fine, but they are so damn fragile, and the pre game move just isnt the same value it used to be, as we lack the tools to capitalize on it in the following turns.

On a better note, a chapter master with angel artifice, adamantine mantle, and gift of foresight is an absurd beast

Edited by The Unseen

I'm still very unimpressed with DC, their damage output is fine, but they are so damn fragile, and the pre game move just isnt the same value it used to be, as we lack the tools to capitalize on it in the following turns.

Yup, even with the extra wound the DC are still glass cannons (comparatively speaking). VanVets with LC/SS seem better from a durability point of view. SG are excellent for anti-elite work with their 2D weapons. I know the Whirlwind is not exactly a powerhouse unit but I wonder if the combination of indirect fire and the fight last stratagem might give it some mileage vs Quins?

Yup, even with the extra wound the DC are still glass cannons (comparatively speaking). VanVets with LC/SS seem better from a durability point of view. SG are excellent for anti-elite work with their 2D weapons. I know the Whirlwind is not exactly a powerhouse unit but I wonder if the combination of indirect fire and the fight last stratagem might give it some mileage vs Quins?

I had a judiciar, but his ride of course dies instantly vs bike haywire, and then his bodyguard of bladeguard lost 2 getting out (feels bad man) and then the other 3 got fusioned to death the following turn.

And my opponent was careful to send multiple squads at him and the unit of intercessors, attack bikes, and the priest he was supposed to be guarding. Making 1 troupe go last is a neat trick, until there are 2 other full sized squads and the super troupe master all hitting roughly the same spot.

The damage output a squad of troupes put out is just absolutely insane when they have a leader with them.

Str5, -2 ap, 2 damage if they spend 1cp, reroll failed wounds.

5 just straight mulch a squad.

But I think your right, having a whirlwind hold the backfield objective, along with some units to pop boats, you get a unit to disembark and then hit the troupe with suppression and basically take them out for the next turn, letting you focus on something else, as troupes who get attacked first tend to die, so they probably won't send them in.

Plus, 2d6 Str6 shots aren't bad at killing harlies.

Probably better than the judiciar anyway.