If axes were in a more competitive place, I'd kit everything I could with them. I love a big axe head chopping through all of the imperiums foes.

I think they're decently competitive - death guard/gravis need S6 to wound them on a 2+, any better than ap-2 is wasted against storm shields in a mirror match.

If axes were in a more competitive place, I'd kit everything I could with them. I love a big axe head chopping through all of the imperiums foes.

I think they're decently competitive - death guard/gravis need S6 to wound them on a 2+, any better than ap-2 is wasted against storm shields in a mirror match.
Also Bikes and Custodes.

I managed to get my hands on a Piety and Pain box when they went back on release last week. The Drukhari half is earmarked for someone in the club, and my initial only real interest in it was to get my hands on the Immolator, to turn it into a Blood Angels OTT stained glass monstrosity to go with my gold Land Raider, but looking at the models...they're so nice it's tempting to keep the Retributors, maybe use them as a Devastator squad?

Go axe but leave the hand attached to it and have bone and blood exposed on it...like he ripped it off a foe Chewbacca style.

Aaaaahhhh... too morbid for me :biggrin.:

Already did the guy. With axe. Without the extra hand

med_gallery_105306_14251_1164791.jpg

This is fantastic! Ditto to the question of the axes origin.

Someone let me read the codex yesterday and boy is this way more confusing now. I must be getting old.

Nah, it's not your age, 9th ed is generally very complex. The rules, at their core, are actually pretty simple, but the Codexes make things extremely complicated, with a lot to remember. 

I consider myself 'good' at the game, yet constantly forget key rules in my favour. It's now a memory game. 

Edited by Xenith

gallery_19254_1203_184181.jpg

Grumpy Old Senior Scout Company Sergeant is forced into a temporary promotion to captain. Minimal gold at this time as he isnt planning on staying there, just wants to get back to teaching scouts, but Company heraldry and a couple of gold hints here and there as a concession to his new (and hopefully temporary) position...

gallery_19254_1203_103678.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_167896.jpg

And Terminator Librarian, after a bit of a shade touch-up and rebase from the dreaded Goblin Green/green flock... He's a bit less cartoony now, and a few little touch-ups here and there still to go. Just need to track down his storm bolter or the storm shield i was going to swap it for and get them magnetised.