Right, I'm back from my sarcophagi slumber and dreams of a distant 3rd Millenium ;)
Finally found the time to dust off my brushes and even had my first game of 9th Today!I hope it gives me me more motivation to dig into my pile of plastic. it was kinda embarrassing to play with a headless, primed-only Sanguinary Priest... 

Brothers, I must confess I fell off the wagon and got sucked in by the demon of MMORPG addiction, the gamer's heroin. But I am back on the path of the light! The path of the plastic crack.

Behold!

Flawless victory, brother :)

Played in a small local tourney yesterday, did really well,went 2-0 with a 90 pt score on each, and lost at the last round to Drukhari 67 to 73, and could've won if I'd chosen better secondaries (I chose the mission specific one Vital Ground, Assassinate, and Deploy Scramblers, and I should've chosen Grind Them Down rather than Vital Ground) and respected dark lances a little more and hidden my Whirlwind more effectively in response. Losing it turn 1 both really hurt my long term ability to hit hiding units but also pulled me off my homefield objective and I had to scramble to reclaim it. Doh. I do have some advantage that my BA list has a number of things making it more suitable to take on Drukhari than a *normal* competitive BA list, but it still feels very difficult and like they just have more points than you do.

Highlights of the day: Whirlwind passing 10 out of 11 armor saves vs an Acastius knight titans conversion beamer cannons over 2 turns. I took pictures of the save dice. 5 out of 5 the first round, 5 out of 6 the 2nd. It had taken 6 damage from a shieldbreaker missile turn 1 before it had rounded a corner to bring its storm bolter to bear on a small handful of daemonettes that were going to bad-touch it behind the wall, bringing it into LoS of the big knight, meaning it was alive on 1 wound turn 4 after being reduced to 5 turn 1. Still trying to come up with an appropriate title to stencil on it.

My Chapter Master build proving its worth when the dice break your way by being an unkillable brick. Chapter Master with SS and Hammer, relic Angel Artifice for 6 T5 wounds with a 1+ save with the shield, warlord trait Gift of Foresight, 2nd warlord trait Artisan for the 5+++ admantine mantle relic. He eventually died in all 3 games, but always to mortal wounds after the opponent had tried with everything else. Round 1 the Castellan he killed over 2 rounds of combat after soaking a bunch of its shooting and its stomps twice leaving him on 2 wounds, which then exploded dealing 4, which he soaked 2 and exactly died. Round 2 a double stormcannon and volkite leviathan failed to do a single wound at all, and after murdering an eradicator squad the following turn an Ultras Librarian smited for 3 and used the compare leadership roll off for mortals power to do another 1 on a tie, putting him down. Round 3, Eviscerating flyby did 7 mortals to him, but he shrugged off 4 of them, then got charged by the razorflail succubus, and tanked all of it. My opponent did misplay by not using the full rerolls to wound on the last batch and potentially forgetting blade artist, but was still hilarious. She was wounding on 5s and only had -1 AP, so he was still rocking a 2+ save with 2 rerolls possible between gift and CP. A 2nd wytch squad kept him tied up and killed him after 2 more turns of combat once he used the reroll all wounds strat and fished for 6s to drop him to a 3+ save. So while round 3 he didn't actually die to mortals, he did lose half his effective HP to them. Eviscerating flyby is super dumb.

And finally, a 10 man squad of intercessors in cover with a priest backing them up is an incredible unit, and was probably MVP in every game. The Sarge of that squad, who I give Archangels Shard too, never died in all 3 games, despite being used as a fire magnet anvil every game. A unit of 10 intercessors with auto bolt rifles, chapter master rerolls, and Catechism of Fire for the +1 to wound whatever your opponent has in front, plus 2 CP to shoot twice is absolutely disgusting. Highly Recommend.

Very nice! I like his battered look and the glow effect on the JP's exhausts. 
I personally always struggle with those and avoid them whenever possible :tongue.:

Edited by Majkhel

Finally watched the five minute clip of “Angels of Death.”

The visuals remind me of the cutscenes in the original Starcraft.

And the soundtrack is like part Blade Runner and part The Keep by Michael Mann.

Interesting and unique vibe, very stylistic. I’m digging it

I have just finished putting the finishing touches to a 5-man squad of Infiltrators. In fitting with the rest of my army, they sport black shoulder pad rims and flocked goblin green bases.

Apparently the 90s just rang and told me they want their paint scheme back. :wink:

gallery_82363_13858_176173.jpg

I have just finished putting the finishing touches to a 5-man squad of Infiltrators. In fitting with the rest of my army, they sport black shoulder pad rims and flocked goblin green bases.

Apparently the 90s just rang and told me they want their paint scheme back. :wink:

Goblin green base, black shoulder pad trim...

chef's kiss

That's a really nice helmet colour on the comms guy!

I preferred the original version, it was far more understated. I'd been waiting for him to release that for AGES and now I'm kinda sad. Still a cool model though and I too shall have to print one. Personally, i'd consider replacing the head, smoothing out the scabbard and removing the embossed "BAAL" on the leg.

This was the original version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PrintedWarhammer/comments/hygftl/captain_angus_of_the_blood_angels/

Edited by Blindhamster