I'd love to see Dante made into a real centerpiece. Would be really cool if he could lead any BA successor as well.

As Lord-Commander of the Imperium Nihilus, I'm hoping for something real cool to match that office.

Dante is not bad as a unit. He is just designed as a beatstick Character but you can build beatier with a DIY character. His rules as Warden of Imperium Nihilus are definitely lacklustre.

His model was great 25 years ago but is definitely in need of a redo. I am probably getting my hopes up but I would love to see a Triumvirate of Baal set with new Dante, Sanguinor and Corbulo.

Again, I'd like to regurgitate my plea to make him something like Katakros from AoS or Silent King from Necrons. Doesn't have to be a beatstick out of the gate (like bone guy) so could be something where he degrades until his stats get to more of a melee combat style guy.

That said, I saw a meme recently that brought home how old his sculpt is. Given that original fluff indicated that Marines continue to grow the older they get, I'd imagine he'd already be primaris sized anyway :p

I’d like them to do something rule wise to acknowledge the fact he is to all intents and purposes responsible for half the imperium either way :D

Multitasking: Dante is a busy man. Commanding armies, planning supply routes and dealing with hundreds of every day tasks a great ruler has to face. To represent this on the battlefield you can only use him for 3 turns after he has entered the battlefield before he has to leave, because he has to switch his attention to other dire tasks.

:D

Edited by Rhavien

It was exciting to see the primaris Helbrecht model, and a bit sad for us for obvious reasons. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer because we will not see a primaris Dante without a book...
I am sure Dante will be primarised now. Mephiston couldn't control his power anymore but after crossing the Rubicon he said I'm much better now... I expect that the say plot will be used for Dante, he can't heal his wounds but he'll get better after crossing the river too.

The slight disturbing though in mind however is that the epic primaris models of Mephiston and Helbrecht were based on Mark Gibbons' epic artworks. He hasn't done any for Dante, but then neither has he done art for Shrike and Ragnar who were also primarized...

Meanwhile I 've been thinking that my full primaris army (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370899-2000-blood-angels-pure-primaris/) lacked character in favor of utility, so I got hold of myself and remembered that I haven't yet used my primaris Mephiston, the only primaris BA specific model we have...
So I'm preparing a new list and finally painting some DC assault intercessors, and i got to say it feels good to paint black again. Back in 2nd edition where no Sanguinary Guard existed, one of the few things that made us different from codex chapters (and one of the things that attracted me to the BA) was the Death Company! Going back to my roots... 

And how can I forget that Mephiston has his very own heavy metal track? Eat that Helbrecht!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhBznsuRd8A

PS: Any ideas about using Mephiston?

Edited by Spyros

BA today. 

After seeing the LDT Sgt model in News and rumors I bashed one up that's very close to that minus some of the extra gubbinz. Also I decided to just make him a squad guy with plasma pistol, the LTD Sgt Doesn't really look like a Sgt to me, seems a little off. Over all super easy. I'll post about him in  my thread over the weekend. 

Double-posting, but just saw this image on FB - it's the new BT Marshal (Primaris Captain). It clearly has the option of Power Axe and a combi-bolter

242965285_10159852090905921_218603864963

Would be cool to see those options become available for our Captains as well. I would certainly love to take an axe and wound DG and orks on 2's when charging :D

That would be quite nice but I suspect it will remain locked to Black Templars, just like DAs get a unique Captain loadout and Wolves get a unique Lieutenant loadout.

I am vaguely annoyed there is no option to upgrade a MCPS to a Relic Blade.

Edited by Karhedron

I guess the closest thing is to take the relic Burning Blade.

Edit: On second though, that's the RELIC burning BLADE... right?

It works but it uses up a Relic slot for something that is only slight better than the standard relic blade.

Darn this is confusing. Is that Relic with a capital "R" or a small "r"? :tongue.:

That would be quite nice but I suspect it will remain locked to Black Templars, just like DAs get a unique Captain loadout and Wolves get a unique Lieutenant loadout.

Welcome to the new GW and new 40K.  Both of which suck ass.

YOU CAN ONLY USE THE MODELS WE MAKE AS WE MAKE THEM.  YOU ENTITLED PEASANTS!  HOW DARE YOU!

Welcome to the new GW and new 40K.  Both of which suck ass.

YOU CAN ONLY USE THE MODELS WE MAKE AS WE MAKE THEM.  YOU ENTITLED PEASANTS!  HOW DARE YOU!

And what's funny is they have already given a means of letting players do what ever they want, 2 of them really. Open play - do what ever you want and or power levels for units which would still let us arm our units as we see fit, ie a power ax or what ever. Sure there could be some issues. It's still not like changing some equipment around doing a conversion/kitbash is game winning op stuff. But ya, new GW kinda sucks. 

I don't want to get too far into it but I find GW proper less essential to my enjoyment of 40K and my 40K hobby now days. As soon as the "Community" feels the same way I think we'll have a lot of fun.  

I really like the idea of retiring Dante from the field to his new larger position. I think it would be very fitting and if not replace him with a single character then maybe a council of regional commanders. depending on the scope of new operations. Still a new chapter master in his life time would still be an interesting part of the story. He can always come out of retirement later for an epic last stand again. 

Edited by Warhead01

It was exciting to see the primaris Helbrecht model, and a bit sad for us for obvious reasons. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer because we will not see a primaris Dante without a book...

I am sure Dante will be primarised now. Mephiston couldn't control his power anymore but after crossing the Rubicon he said I'm much better now... I expect that the say plot will be used for Dante, he can't heal his wounds but he'll get better after crossing the river too.

The slight disturbing though in mind however is that the epic primaris models of Mephiston and Helbrecht were based on Mark Gibbons' epic artworks. He hasn't done any for Dante, but then neither has he done art for Shrike and Ragnar who were also primarized...

Meanwhile I 've been thinking that my full primaris army (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370899-2000-blood-angels-pure-primaris/) lacked character in favor of utility, so I got hold of myself and remembered that I haven't yet used my primaris Mephiston, the only primaris BA specific model we have...

So I'm preparing a new list and finally painting some DC assault intercessors, and i got to say it feels good to paint black again. Back in 2nd edition where no Sanguinary Guard existed, one of the few things that made us different from codex chapters (and one of the things that attracted me to the BA) was the Death Company! Going back to my roots... 

And how can I forget that Mephiston has his very own heavy metal track? Eat that Helbrecht!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhBznsuRd8A

PS: Any ideas about using Mephiston?

Hold tight, After us, more non-codex followers of the Emperor will get the reward they deserved.

Have faith Brothers, the God Emperor watches over and delivers to the faithful!

No pity, No remorse, No Fear!

Edited by BayOkuz

YOU CAN ONLY USE THE MODELS WE MAKE AS WE MAKE THEM. YOU ENTITLED PEASANTS! HOW DARE YOU!

Yup, these guys were straight out of the box:

gallery_58096_16283_186270.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_80586.jpg

Customisation is reduced for primaris, yes, but blame 3rd party sculpts. It gets better with each new release. Is it perfect? No. But it is what it is.

Yes, you can still customize but it is a lot more painful and a lot less flexible now, as you noted.  I'm sorry but I don't get your logic.  You come out and basically admit that the situation is objectively worse, but argue that we shouldn't complain because we can still do it if we devote more time and effort.  But why exactly should customizing my miniatures be more difficult and why should I just accept this?  This is as dumb as Apple users coming out and cheering Apple for violating their right to repair.

Also, why should I blame ANYONE except GW?  This is the direction they chose to take, and the result is ENTIRELY their doing.  They did not want competition of bits from other producers so they :censored: customers like you and me over.  Yet you come here and basically apologize on their behalf and point fingers at other people who are irrelevant to my issues as a customer with the producer of the items I pay for.  This is, if I may draw another analogy, similar to corporate apologists who point to pirates when defending draconian software copy protection practices that are detrimental to user experience.  Please don't do this.  I find it shocking to hear this kind of thinking coming out of people who I know to be sensible people, it's almost painful for me to read them in all honestly.  Stand for what is beneficial to you, GW is not your friend.

Sometimes I don't know how they get away with such anti consumer attitudes, then I get into these arguments and things fall into place.. 

Edited by appiah5

Counterpoint: people have a right to be angry at things? IDK, but I sympathize with appiah on this.

But the blood angels corner always used to be a pretty chilled and friendly/upbeat place. And being not overly happy with something is fair but the choice of phrasing comes very close to a personal attack on a fellow fraiter.

Plus one of the key aspects or our chapter is hope, the options get better with each kit, let’s hope that’s a trend that continues.

I’m not gonna bite in the discussion over it primaris as a whole suck for customisation or not, because it’s a tired old subject and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Anyway, I’m not a mod but it’s much nicer when we try to get along.

P.s. the guy getting killed in your tactical squad is class lol

Edited by Blindhamster