Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sons of Sanguinius - Heresy Blood Angel Project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Hi all,

Decided I would share my progress with the IX legion. The army will be based around Captain Nassir Amit's 5th Company.

15man Tactical Squad

2014-09-26141014.jpg

2014-09-26141001.jpg

Still got some chipping and weathering to do on this squad, any recommendations for a chipping colour? Im thinking grey. 

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,402 posts

Gorgeous red you've achieved on these BAs.  Mind sharing the recipe?  What else is going to be painted up for this force?

Check out my hobby thread here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.png

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Gorgeous red you've achieved on these BAs.  Mind sharing the recipe?  What else is going to be painted up for this force?

The recipe for the red that I used is:

Vallejo Mahogany as base coat

Evil Sunz Scarlet

Carraburg Crimson wash

Highlighted with Evil Sunz Scarlet and Squid Orange

I will be adding a lot more to the force, currently finishing off another 15 man tactical squad armed with fraying knives. Also have some cataphractii terminators, HQs, command squad, sanguinary priests, seekers and a fire raptor to paint. 

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

Really nice blood angels, brother! I cant wait to see more of your work.

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

ShadowShark

ShadowShark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
I really do like that red, reminds me a lot of the BA artwork in Visions of Heresy.

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,509 posts

Lovely. Will any be kitted out with flaying knives, which the 5th are famous for? I'd reccomend using kroot knives, if you do go down that route, as they look fairly brutal.

Like these:

http://bitzbarn.com/...bh2gb8rpdm82b54

Keep up the good work

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
The squad I'm working on just now is armed with flaying knives, Iv just used the serrated chaos marine knives to represent them. Should get pictures up in the next day or so.

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,509 posts

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for them. Do you plan to make any references the the fact that they will, in time, become Flesh Tearers instead of Blood Angels? 

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

StruManChu

StruManChu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts

They are exceptional! The red is absolutely spot on. Looking forward to more of your work, especially a Fire Raptor in BA colours.

Keep it up! 

Stru is correct.

My Plog - Tales of a Lazy Hobbyist

Part of the ship, part of the crew...

DietOfLiquor

DietOfLiquor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts

Ooooooo. I love seeing more of the IXth legion come into the fray! Love the red! Keep up the good work.

Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, Custodes, EMPEROR, EMPEROR!

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts

Love the red.  Great job!

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Combat_Vet

Combat_Vet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts

Beautiful work and I love the red. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your guys as I am about to start my own Blood Angels this week :)

"A world is supported by four things......The learning of the wise, the justice of the great, 
the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave" - Frank Herbert, "Dune"

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,772 posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the HH paint jobs in muted tones. As many have already said, that is a beautiful toned-down red.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Thanks for all the comments. I have another update today.

15man Tactical squad armed with flaying knives (extra close combat weapon in game terms). Like the 1st squad I still need to do some chipping and weathering, also need to get some decals for the right shoulder pads.

2014-09-29124645.jpg

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
Very pretty. Like everyone else I love the beautiful brick red.

5th company is my favorite of the 9th by far ^_^
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"This is my lady-mod voice." Posted Image
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

nice work brother ,personally i like these darker red boys better than the blood red variety

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

Telhdrat

Telhdrat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Have to agree with everyone, that red is just beautiful. I'm a bit annoyed though, because now I'm feeling like making a few Blood Angels as well, and it's not like I don't have enought to paint already msn-wink.gif Fantastic work!

strongbow

strongbow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts

Great marines! Really like the darker red :)

marine7312000

marine7312000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,531 posts

I may just have to steal that recipe for my BA.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpggallery_62972_10568_24083.jpggallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

http://www.bolterand...pany-the-sworn/

The Blood Angels are the Renaissance in power armour, with all of that majesty, splendour, and ingenuity turned anaemic by vampirism... with a mandate to conquer the galaxy on wings of iron and fire. They're paladins with sacred weapons and beauteous facemasks, crying out in inhuman choirs for the taste of their enemies' blood.

JackDaw: ah the Emperors Children are too fancy for beards. The Ninth however, well, beards are sent straight from heaven.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,476 posts

I salute you, brother, on a most marvellously painted squad. Will follow this!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Cataphractii Terminators

2014-10-08144706.jpg

ShadowShark

ShadowShark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
I will say, they do look slightly thousand son-ish.

But never the less those guys look bloody good!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
Too much gold? I was initially thinking of using silver. Not sure if the Blood Angel legion uses as much gold as the chapter.

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,509 posts
I like it. They do field entirely gold clad warriors in the form of Sanguinary Guard. The power weapon effect is really eye catching. Care to share how you did it?

Dallo

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016