2000pts Decapitating Strike Raven Guard

Tiger9gamer

Alright I thought I should give this another try, seeing as my army is in the process of becoming the sons of corax. here are two lists for my hopefully up and coming army!

Note this is using the battle scribe army builder made Millicant on Bolter and chainsword!

______

Warlord: Legion Preator (artificer armor, Iron Halo, Camoline, Paragon blade/powerfist)-155pts

HQ 2: Siege Breaker (arti-armor, Cameleoline)-110pts

Troop 1: Legion Tactical Squad (14 man, Legion Vexellia, Additional CCW weapon) Sergeant (arti-armor, heavy chainsword)-255pts

-Apothecary-45pts

Troop 2: Legion Tactical Squad (14 man, Legion Vexellia, Additional CCW weapon) Sergeant (arti-armor, heavy chainsword)-255pts

-Apothecary (arti-armor)-55pts

Troop 3: Legion Tactical support squad (9 man, volkite Calvilers) Sergeant (Arti-armor, Infravisor)-240pts

-Apothecary (arti-armor, augury scanner)-60pts

Elite 1: Apothecary detachment (x3, distributed as above)-160pts

Elite 2: Rapier Thudd gun battery-60pts

Elite 3: Rapier Weapons battery (x3 laser destroyers)

Fast Attack 1: Javelin squadron (x2 speeders)-150pts

Fast attack 2: Javelin Squadron (x2 speeders)-150pts

H/S : Legion Heavy Weapon team (x9 marines, Autocannons/missiles) Sergeant (Artificer Armor, Augury scanner)-300pts

what do you think? If this isn't so good, I can swap out the heavy weapon teams for other stuff too. Game plan is that troop 1 and 2 infiltrate close to the enemy, troop 3 infiltrates into a building, and the rest provides heavy fire power.

the siege breaker is going into the big squad of autocannons! as for AA.... eh enough autocannons will cure anything, That or I can make a regular dread a mortis in place of javelins or something.

and I plan on using this to play at a disadvantage in 40k with this sometimes, ( i know about all that junk) but yea, sicarans would be a problem I think.

if your pressed for having more armor, you could field a predator squadron. Since they only take one heavy support slot and can have up to 3 tanks in one of them, you're not breaking the restrictions for the RoW.

Look up the rules on forgeworld. It can only shoot its main gun in one direction but on a "fast" platform, it can wreck anything, even super-heavies, quite easily.

hey, at least you still dont need to buy the entire army and re-paint all your 40k ones! @-@

anyways, it's either the Venator, the heavy weapons team or a typhon for heavy guns. if I get the typhon, I would probably take the siege breaker out and add some extra gubbins to the tactical squads.

The Typhon, while being obviously pricier, has the potential of being a really big P.I.T.A for your opponent to deal with because its AV 14 all over and can have Armored Ceramite(?) to make it tougher for melta strikes to deal with.

Also, S10 7" blast....Can't really go wrong with that :P

The question is : does it fit the RG theme?

You could take a Fire Raptor too.

well, I could model a silencer on it so it's stealthier.... msn-wink.gif besides, RG have those big tanks too right? probably have stealthy engines or something.

and I'm just not that commited about the fire raptor... it just doesn't have that much Anti-tank I think. or does it?

It looks good to me, you have AA in Lasdestroyers (though they aren't that maneuverable), lots of anti-infantry and you have the javelins to fill any gaps that might appear.

Archived