2000pts Decapitating Strike Raven Guard

Tiger9gamer

Well, you their integrated into their cost, but yeah, they ain't cheap.

420 points for a 10 man squad with all Ravens Talons is very pricey, but, they'll murderlate anything they come into contact with in CC, barring some primarchs or some very tough terminators.

Though that 5+ cover upon deep striking in is quite nice and they can start on the board.

My planned out 2500 point RG list that has such a squad hasn't been put together yet (since I need 3 storm eagles and 2 fire raptors...), since I first need to finish my Imperial Fists then, either choose between my 'Clown Car' World Eaters or RG, hopefully before Thousand Sons get a release.

But, on paper, if you do get them into combat they will to spectacular damage to MEQ units or weaker. The only thing is getting them into combat. However, them being limited to 10 men and Storm Eagles having a capacity of 20, you could plop them into one or even a Spartan.

They are fire magnets, thats for sure.

But with AV 13 front and a 5+(+?) invulnerable save, they're plenty tough.

Being able to take a DCCWx2 with Dual Plasma Blasters (assault 2, AP2) means that one can almost reliably tackle some TEQ's but, depending on the graces of RNGesus, may die quite rapidly. Also, chain fists if you want a can-opener dread.

A Contemptor-Mortis is in the same boat with a focus on being ranged support, however. If you have a Contemptor Talon and 1-2 Mortis' they're likely to be put on the back burner in terms of target priority since 3 DCCW contemptors charging at them is a bigger problem.

That said, they will be the focus of any list that has Deep Strike Elements. Because Interceptor + Skyfire can be devastating when going up against 12 rending shots, 4 TLAC shots or 2 TLLC shots.

Edit: forgot, non-melee contemptors also have Fleet. So they get to where they want quite rapidly.

And if you wanted to, you could give them (the non mortis that is) Graviton guns inside their DCCW to cause Difficult/Dangerous terrain under whoever their aiming at.

Makes it quite hard to run away at that point, though it makes for one expensive Dread.

If that dread can solo a 20 man tac squad pricing in at 250+ points or at least keep it occupied for a while, then I think thats worth it.

420 points is 100 less than a ten man squad of Vanguard Vets w/ JP and 2x LC and with none of the special rules. When I run my 40k Raven Guard I almost always take them and they always perform admirably.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived