Loesh

So all this talk about Abaddon got me curious about something, but not about Abaddon himself. When listing out his resources and favors from the Daemon Primarchs things were mostly typical: An artifact for a zombie plague, beating up a bunch of Khorne champions, some sort of eye thing that could probably see into the future, Lorgar was in just because he hated the Ministorum, and Perterbo just wanted to test his mettle against Cadia.

But Fulgrim? Fulgrim wanted a vessel to hold.....Slaanesh? Now from what I know, this is likely the Grey Knight Grandmaster Epimethus  who had apparently fallen to Slaanesh in the Warp, if that wasn't Kaldor Draigo or even just some random interceptor. It would seem that bringing a Chaos God into the materium would be rather....grand? if not cataclysmic?

Though the second and, more interesting to me, interpretation is that it's a vessel for Fulgrim into the material world who even has the rule 'Avatar of Slaanesh' in the books. Any ideas on it? It just...stuck out to me, and I found it more then a little curious.

I think it's just one of those many world shattering things in 40k that we will never get to see in fiction because its consequences would be too apocalyptic. Just like the Necron superweapons that make stars go supernova at the swipe of a finger and the unfathomable size of the Hive fleets once they arrive in full.

Maybe the avatar of Slaanesh does appear in M42 but that's just speculation. I like to think so :)

I read here - http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Heartslayer that a keeper of secrets was able to possess a soulless avatar of khaine and steal its form.

So would it not stand to reason that if it were possible for slaneesh to to require a vassal it would need to be one of immense durrability.?

• 1 month later...

On the other hand I see it perfectly a reasonable "plot device". The End Times are nearing and the gods would want to be there, in the thick of it, steering their legions of daemons and mortal to glory, rectifying with their presence the error or errors committed during the HH

We have a Grey Knight who has fallen to Slaanesh and sincerely I cannot think of a better vessel for a god to inhabit, to possess. The very act alone would prove that the uncorruptible is corruptible and that even this last and most vaunted defenders of mankind's souls are fallible. This act has such a resonance that I think is just perfect for a being like Slaanesh, just perfect.

And if Abaddon was willing to sacrifice hundreds of astatres and legions of daemons, almost an entire fleet and some of his best commanders for this prize alone... well it speaks volumes of the sheer importance of this psyker plaything to the Dark Prince. 

If Fulgrim was willing to trade the services of the remnants of his legion for this Grey Knight, for this vessel... well we have really a doomsday device on our hand. 

the problem with that is, define the gods. Hells in a very real sense the greater daemons ARE avatars of their gods, fragments of them, and their children/slaves all at the same time. Their not really entities within the warp, in a very real sense they ARE the warp

so sure, its possible, but it seems a bit odd.

Archived