Space Wolves by Adam - VI Legion Vlka Fenryka

Very nice paint job. 

At first I was not too sure about you not painting the wolf head on the thunder hammer the normal gold or silver but the more I look at it, the more I like it, gives the impression that the hammer head is made of an opaque material and the wold head is carved in, not stuck on.  So did you do that on purpose or just forgot to paint it? :wink:

I've been using Drakenof Nightshade for my recesses, but find it is too dark without mixing. I think I've tried every wash and shade that you can buy from every paint company and I still can't find just the right blue/grey.

I paint my power armour Fenrisian Grey and then highlight with a 50/50 of Grey and white, as I prefer a much lighter blue (as real sky blue), so the Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade is way too dark as a shade for my tastes.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys!

Haven't been around here for a while, but I have been somewhat active, been posting on the Heresy part of these boards. 

I have already painted a small force for my VI Legion - 2 units of Grey Slayers, 1 Deimos Rhino, 1 Deimos Predator and a Contemptor. I wil be doing new photos of them later - after moving I have a much better place for that. 

I finished paiting yesterday the first officer of my force, a Claw Leader for the compulsory HQ slot. 

Any C&C as always are welcome!

cB9UJ9E.jpg?2PD70CjH.jpg?1OEXRhiZ.jpg?1

VnljmyY.jpg?1PYVf1Zq.jpg?1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks marcusc!

Why wolves? It's funny, but ever since the late '90s, when I started playing Warhammer fantasy, I just "knew" that if I ever started playing WH40k it would be the wolves. I don't know what it was exactly, but the spirit and character of the chapter was an instant "yes" from my side. I think it was maybe their mix of chivalry and honour mixed with the misunderstood feral part of their souls combined with the "get things done even if it ain't pretty" attitude was what drew me to them and not to other chapters.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the coment mate! Although I can't imagine how far this topic must have been down the board line for you to dig it back up :wink: Anyways, for more of the 30k style, you could visit this place:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329328-the-wolves-are-coming-legion-vi-vlka-fenryka-by-adam/?p=5184499

It's my other thread, where I post my latest 30k stuff, Land Raider Armoured Proteus today, all worn and grimy :wink:

Archived