Casual 30k Hobby Challange. Month 2

Fire Golem

Just carrying on from month 1 really (link to month 1: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295904-casual-30k-hobby-challenge-month-1/page-23). If anyone new wants to join feel free, make a pledge and start showing off your models. Don't worry if they're not golden daemon or anything, this isn't to judge, just to have a bit of fun and (for me at least) start working towards an army!

There were some loose rules in the last thread like; keep it roughly to a FOC slot, one legion at a time, but these are loose rules and I think I broke both of them so...

I should have enough time to actually complete my pledge this month, so I pledge: 20 Tactical Marines (15 Night Lords and 5 Alpha Legion) and one Night Lords Primus Medicae in Terminator Armour.

Have fun guys, look forward to seeing more awesome models! Oh and I forgot to mention, it's October -> November :)

Is it okay if I join? If so I pledge for the eternal glory of the XIX legion to complete:

1x land raider

1x legion champion (Ilyn Payne)

4x veteran tactical marines (the brave companions)

3x recon marines (nights watch?)

no problem, this challange is for everyone who wants to join in and build/paint some heresy stuff =) *lannisters ftw, here me roar!*

The sarjent for my breachers is gonna have a bionic arm, and a certain name and title.

The leader of the recons a bastard sword.

Khaasalrs of bikers

And spear and shield equipped terminators

Wild/barabric assault marines

So many ideas....

Thanks for opening the October thread Fire Golem, and well played everybody who finished a vow in September.

I, Kor'Vesh, pledge to paint five pyroclasts and a Praetor of the glorious XVIIIth Legion astartes in the month of October 2014.

I actually made a start on the first three models today, so I hope I can actually finish!

I pledge the castellax I didnt manage last month, as well as a darkfire castellax

What's a darkfire castellax?

I meant a Castellax with a darkfire cannon.

Oh okay, I didn't realise that was a thing haha.

Last month I made good progress on my x23 breachers. Got them almost entirely basecoated at this point. Its been a serious labour of love, but I'm feeling like these will be the best models I've painted + converted to date when I'm done. Hopefully I'll be able to get them done this month. I probably have a good 30hrs of work left to put into them sad.png

Mine is a (VERY)tentative pledge of :

•10 Tactical Marines, Sergeant with AA and Power Axe. Depending on if I actually get a good rhythm down, may increase to 19+ sergeant.

•5 Terminators. I have cataphractii and Tartaros in equal amounts so I'll see which ones I want to do.

•2 Rhinos, just to get them out of the way, really tongue.png

•Tentative selection within a tentative pledge (yo dawg) of 1-3 apothecaries, maybe even my GK terminator apothecary to be used as a blinged out primus medicae

All painted in IF colors, obviously. Will see how it goes with school + (on call) work + possible internships + procrastination in general.

Hey Guys,

So I'm going to keep an eye on the pledges through this month - it'll help keep me motivated and keep things interesting. I thought I'd split things up along the lines of traitor and loyalist, just to add a small dose of competition. I can probably work out who is winning in terms of units, pledges and points (maybe) as we go along if you like.

So on the first of October we have 17 members in the challenge, with pledges for 20 separte detachments. There are 7 loyalist detachments, 10 traitor, 2 mechanicum and one uncertain (Thunor's Hammer - which side are the infernal guard on?), and only one member playing for both teams!

Here is how things look so far:

Fire Golem                Night Lords        15 Tactical marines, 1 Primus Medicae in Terminator armour  

Alpha Legion      5 Tactical Marines

Thunor's Hammer    Infernal Guard    10 Culverins and 10 Multi melta heavy support marines

Atia                            Death Guard       Fellblade

Brother vidius         Iron Warriors      10 man heavy support squad, 3 Myrmidon destructors, 10 man Breacher Squad

Reyner                      Iron Warriors      Sicaran and Mortis Contemptor

StuManChu              World Eaters       Praetor  

Imperial Fists       Rhino, 5 Seekers, Achilies-Alpha

Russ Brother 92      Iron Hands          Contemptor

Daemon2027            Sons of Horus     Some  

Mechanicum       Some

Castiel                       Salamanders      10 Breachers, Praetor

Daismith906              Dark Angels       15 Tactical marines and a Rhino

Mind of Metal           Mechanicum       2 castellax (one with darkfire cannon)

Betrayer41                World Eaters      10 Despoilers and a Storm Eagle

Tears of the Raven  Raven Guard      Land Raider, Legion Champion, 4 Veterans, 3 Recon Marines

Kor'Vesh                   Salamanders       5 Pyroclasts, 1 Praetor

Bulbafist                   Iron Warriors       23 Breachers

Wyvern                     World Eaters       Base 10 Despoilers, 1 Apothecary

Slipstreams              Imperial Fists      10 Tactical marines with AA and Axe serg, 5 Terminators, 2 Rhinos, 1-3 Apothecaries

If you guys would like me to keep track of things, and get some loyalist Vs traitor numbers (just for fun), then let me know if you which side you are on (if its not obvious) and the points for your pledge.

Good luck everyone!

Archived