Zombie hunting Regiment

Tiger9gamer

Flamers all the way for zombie hunting, I don't see plasma as an anti-zombie weapon at all. Plasma with its AP2 is an anti-heavy infantry weapon. Zombies come in hordes and they don't use guns, so the flamer is preferable in every way since you don't need the range and need to kill lots of them all at once and as quickly as possible so the virus doesn't spread.

I could see a heavy bolter being anti-zombie also since its shells would blow them to pieces and it has a high enough rate of fire to cut down large numbers of them at a time.

I thik of plasma more for it's strength, because going off the chaos zombies they are T3 (if i remember correctly) and can be instant deathed by such weapons. plus zombies on fire just seems kinda like a bad idea.

and even bolters seem like a good anti-zombie thing, for obvious reasons.

Str 4 flamers will kill T3 zombies a lot faster than plasma. With guardsmen's aim, within rapid-fire range (barely longer than flamer range) you are likely to only kill 1 zombie per shot. Whereas the flamer, just a little closer, could fry a half-dozen in one shot with no armour save.

Lasguns are much better than bullets, you'd be blasting limbs off with them and with their rechargeable and durable nature they're easily superior to most other guns when tackling zombies. However if you're going for a more Walking Dead feel then shotguns would be cool. Flamers too, though less fitting to the WD theme. I guess it depends how in universe you want it to be?

Cricket bats. Nothing but cricket bats and old LPs.msn-wink.gif

A bastion called the Winchester by any chance? Love the reference to some great cinema.

I can see why a flamer would be good on the tabletop but in an in universe perspective I hate the thought of shambling undead beings that withstand considerable amounts of punishment walking around on fire! ohmy.png I think grenade launchers would be better solution but these are my go to weapons anyway so I am biased. A plasma cannon would also be a great idea on some sentinels, HB toting HWTs, GLs where they can be and I can see the fun going on for some time.

Bastion: Winchestercool.png (I wish I'd thought of that)

On a more serious note, I'd stick to the lower end of the spectrum - lasguns, shotguns, and grenade launchers. In a level 4 zombie outbreak, you're going to want to have reliable weapons with lots of ammunition. I'd also tack on some decent close combat weapons for show - lobos (for those that have read the Zombie Survival Handbook), axes, etc. for when things get up close and personal with the shambling dead.

With a more in-universe note, the troopers would also need to have respirators and environmental suits (in the 13th Black Crusade, those exposed to the pollutants succumbed to the plague virus, with only the Adeptus Astartes, protected within the power armour, able to operate safely).

so far my list is like this:

Inquisitor ordo Hereticus (power armor, psyker, force sword, plasma pistol)

Henchman unit (x6 acolytes in carapace armor with bolters, x3 plasma guns)

-Land Raider Crusader (psybolt ammo, multi-melta)

Lord Comissar (carapace armor, power sword)

Veteran Squad (x6 grenadiers with shotguns, x2 flamers, heavy flamer, sergeant w/ bolt pistol)

-Chimera (multi-laser)

Veteran Squad (x6 grenadiers with shotguns, x3 plasma guns, sergeant w/ bolt pistol)

-chimera (multi-laser)

Armored sentinel (autocannon)

Wyvern

a rough list that fits a theme, I think, of a regiment taken from a planet in the calixis sector under constant attack by zombies. all are armored and probably have respirators, and it has lots of vehicles and anti-infantry.

am i the only one who thinks normal flamers will be the least prefered option? it won't insta incinerate them (since no instant death) and horrormovie wise you've now got zombies which are ablaze chasing you...

more fluffwise i think the only way a regiment would specify in anti zombie tactics would be to evacuate all high ranking/important figures from the city, isolate it with the help of the imperial navy who drop down some containmentwalls or something,and then purge the city of all biological matter through bombardments from aboard spaceships. unlike most zombiemovies the imperium can actually afford it to have entire populations/cities/planets die out. fighting a zombie infection could be as simple as to abandon a population to it's fate and doing a mini-exterminatus...

doesn't the eye of terror codex say something more about how the imperium handeled the great zombie plagues?

Three Punishers with Heavy Bolters and Heavy Stubbers in a squadron? That'll do it IMO!

Shotgun Vets in Chimeras or Tauroxes would also be excellent, throw in some Grenade Launchers and Carapace Armour for extra measure. Could almost be a good template for an Arbites unit in support.

Speaking of shotgun vets... Has anyone tried using the SM scout shotgun arms on cadian bodies?

I have some of both and was just thinking ;)

Think steel legion/death korps inf for the environmental protection (or forgeword cadian respirator mods). Units of these guys armed with heavy bolters and nade launchers sitting in chrimeras with turret lasers (str 6 for insta death) and hull heavy flamers (for stopping horde overrunning it), with dozer blades for clear up. Special weapon squads of triple flamers to act as clean up crews (fluff wise) and last minute safe guards (game wise). Heavy weapon squads armed with heavy bolters to mow down hordes and possibly even mortars (cheap and blasts are good). Stay away from consripts as they lead to bigger zombie hordes!

Once again, the humble troop choice platoon serves all your needs. Emp bless the platoon.

If you want more story ideas for it, I recomend reading cadian blood (I think its called) by ADB, its a great story and has cadians tryingt o stop zombies and death guard marines...

Purely from a game point I would go with PCS and CCS with plasma/meltas as they are then keeping the vaporising weps for in critical times and for opening avenues to advance through buildings when the hordes are too strong in the streets etc. gives you some anti tank for game play

Speaking of shotgun vets... Has anyone tried using the SM scout shotgun arms on cadian bodies?

I have some of both and was just thinking ;)

I have used SM Scout shotguns with Catachan arms and, while the guns were very large, I think they look good.

They probably would look better if -as you're suggesting- you just put the scout arms on Cadian bodies.

Thanks kierdale. That was a plan for some time down the road. Maybe after the baneblades, scions, demolishers, russes, hydra and heavy weapons teams :(

Think steel legion/death korps inf for the environmental protection (or forgeword cadian respirator mods). Units of these guys armed with heavy bolters and nade launchers sitting in chrimeras with turret lasers (str 6 for insta death) and hull heavy flamers (for stopping horde overrunning it), with dozer blades for clear up. Special weapon squads of triple flamers to act as clean up crews (fluff wise) and last minute safe guards (game wise). Heavy weapon squads armed with heavy bolters to mow down hordes and possibly even mortars (cheap and blasts are good). Stay away from consripts as they lead to bigger zombie hordes!

Once again, the humble troop choice platoon serves all your needs. Emp bless the platoon.

If you want more story ideas for it, I recomend reading cadian blood (I think its called) by ADB, its a great story and has cadians tryingt o stop zombies and death guard marines...

Purely from a game point I would go with PCS and CCS with plasma/meltas as they are then keeping the vaporising weps for in critical times and for opening avenues to advance through buildings when the hordes are too strong in the streets etc. gives you some anti tank for game play

actually cadian blood was the first 40k book I read =D and those are all great ideas too!

I have some of both and was just thinking msn-wink.gif

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/necromunda/adeptusarbitespipe3_zps0400234d.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/necromunda/enforcer1done2_zpsa3d340b9.jpg

they dont fit as is, need to break out the greenstuff to get a proper fit

hope pics help

Archived