Next book: what to expect beyond new stuff

caprera

From the minor amounts that have been mentioned at weekenders etc. it's going to focus on the Shattered Legions and the initial push out into the Great Crusade of some legions (notably these are DG, SoH and one other).

As for the fear surrounding 'uber-characters' in 40k style - I don't see the fuss, if someone really wanted to pour the points into a praetor to make them a monstrous uber beat-stick of death (lookin' at you salamanders) then let 'em, I'll just kill it with far cheaper troopers from 3 miles away... I also highly doubt that FW would be inclined to put something out that potentially breaks the main game and the balance along with it - look at how much depth and detail they gone into with each legion thus far.

In not being 'over alarmed'. I'm stating a simple fact. It is also not a fear...I know and understand the weakness in a point sink character. those are not my concerns. It's the fine balance that (as Russ said) FW has spent a great deal of time designing. That fine line is only preserved if it is a closed system. A character Gen system makes it open. And frankly the only reason for a FW support character Gen is for competitive play. Otherwise, do what you and your group are cool with. What to run Typhon as a World Eater...switch his Legion, rules call him Steve the Reaper of Souls and see what happens. Don't want to wait for Russ to have rules and a model, build your own model and use Angron.

See that is what I feel they'd be aiming for as opposed to the comp-character type build - more the 'oh you want X in Ys colours and Z is needed for it be perfect... Then here you go use this and build your Mortarion when-pissed cum Matt Damon-style Lion" - just as you suggest hisdudeness - it's formatting that love we all have of making the characters fit within our home brew fluff and games, at least that's what I hope for.

Then do it, no need to wait for FW to make something...that I severely doubt they will. the only time hard creation rules are needed is in a competitive situation...which would be banned from use anyway. So why waste design time on something that would be used for the first few months until the interweb finds the power builds. Player creation ended years ago.

BACK TO TOPIC:

From battle-bunnies, 18th may 2014

The Battle Bunnies are sitting in the front centre of the Conquest announcement. Here is what we have learned.

No new Legions. They fully intend to use this book as a catch up book and to release basic army lists for Mechanicum and Imperial Army. Eventually they may be Red Booked too.
Full Solar Auxilia army list. But other options will be added to coincide with Battlefield specific forces such as Spireguard Army force and similar at Calth. The great thing about the new Imperial Army Solar Auxilia was the fact they can digitally sculpt one Soldier and subtly repose and not have any duplicates. So this will lead to one master 3d model for most imperial Army forces which they can make many variations there of.
Questoris Knights army list. Including several new Houses with expanded fluff. 3 if I recall.
Tool box to run large Campaigns. Legion Relic weapons and wargear, Loyalist and traitors. Design a sector and fight for it. Your Captain loses an arm; he loses an arm, he gets blessed or finds a relic blade; he gains a relic blade. Would love to have the ability to create an awesome set of characters which we can inevitably lose or die as circumstances dictate. A bit like Necromunda smile.png
Shattered Legion gaming option and rules to use them. This will be a lovely list. I hope being able to mix Legions together is available.
New units for Legions. Talk of a new flier not based on the Storm Eagle chassis.
Something buried beneath Isstvan 5. . . . Will come back. . . . . Or someone. . . This literally has me scratching my head. There was talk of Tomb complexes in Extermination but don't think it is Necrons.
Next: Book 5 (and possibly 6).
Calth, Shadow Crusade, underworld war might be 2 books. Well as my predictions went straight out of the window with it being more Alpha Legion for the Paramar V board and me thinking it would have been Dark Angels and Diamat.
Ultramarines can't be alone though, maybe will see a split conflict. Not sure though.
Dark Mechanicum based on extermination list but darker and early additions.
Ordinatus will be done! They said big vehicles but I don't think a 7 Baneblade tracked vehicle is 28mm to be honest. Forge World are referring to their smaller engines and constructs.
No new Primarch rules yet.
Currently it's a one off book but may be a trilogy.
Might release some more Shoulder Pads for unreleased Legions. This they hear a lot and some gamers may not want to wait much longer. To you that are on the 30k fence waiting; grab another Legion til your first choice comes out, like me I can't wait til the Rout.
No plans for BFG.
No Titans. More Knights though inc some which are new designs. No New Titans in this book but with 3D printing expect to see a few more Titan variants raising their heads from next year.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/2014/05/horus-heresy-book-4-conquest-details.html

Maybe the something beneath Istvaan are the Iron Men (or whatever they were called)? Dark Mechanicum and forbidden artificial intelligences seem to mix pretty well to me.

BACK TO TOPIC:

Something buried beneath Isstvan 5. . . . Will come back. . . . . Or someone. . . This literally has me scratching my head. There was talk of Tomb complexes in Extermination but don't think it is Necrons.
Next: Book 5 (and possibly 6).
Calth, Shadow Crusade, underworld war might be 2 books. Well as my predictions went straight out of the window with it being more Alpha Legion for the Paramar V board and me thinking it would have been Dark Angels and Diamat.
Ultramarines can't be alone though, maybe will see a split conflict. Not sure though.

Pls not that Necron c**p all over again...

However next book is a total GIB PLOX for me! biggrin.png (if it's Ultra and Alpha...)

Most importantly, I am ashamed but I didn't get any of this:

The great thing about the new Imperial Army Solar Auxilia was the fact they can digitally sculpt one Soldier and subtly repose and not have any duplicates. So this will lead to one master 3d model for most imperial Army forces which they can make many variations there of.

Can somebody explain ?

CAD programs have come a long way.  A good digital artist can "sculpt" a model on the computer.  Then using the program and a digital wire frame (much the same way they do CG Movies) they can realistically repose the model and make minor changes to have a completely new model.  No more doing three-ups and scanning...the entire process can be digital. 

Once the poses are set they can import straight to the moulding program and cut for sprues.  Once Spures are design it can then be imported to the CNC machine and the mould can be cut.

Summary...the process for making variations for a model got easier so we should see more then just 5 poses.

Once the poses are set they can import straight to the moulding program and cut for sprues.  Once Spures are design it can then be imported to the CNC machine and the mould can be cut.

I believe that's how GW make all of their plastic miniatures these days. Forgeworld are slightly different since they don't use the same processes for creating moulds. In the case of the Solar Auxilia models people have seen, the CAD designs were actually made into miniatures with a 3D printer.

I believe that's how GW make all of their plastic miniatures these days. Forgeworld are slightly different since they don't use the same processes for creating moulds. In the case of the Solar Auxilia models people have seen, the CAD designs were actually made into miniatures with a 3D printer.

Yes, GW does...but not FW.  They are just moving to mostly or all digital sculpting. THis should speed up thier release schedule. 

Yes, GW does...but not FW. They are just moving to mostly or all digital sculpting. THis should speed up thier release schedule.

Sorry, I should have elaborated better smile.png I totally agree with you that FW are only just moving onto digital sculpting and it should speed things up. The post I made was actually referring to the methods to which GW and FW make moulds. Unlike GW's steel moulds, FW still use the traditional method of rubber moulds, so they require physical master miniature(s) to be made to facilitate this - which they can now make much more quickly using 3D print technology. I hope that clears it up smile.png

BACK TO TOPIC:

Something buried beneath Isstvan 5. . . . Will come back. . . . . Or someone. . . This literally has me scratching my head. There was talk of Tomb complexes in Extermination but don't think it is Necrons. 

I'd like to think it's Ancient Rylanor. I always wanted him to come back.

Ancient Rylanor wasn't on Istvaan V, he was on Istvaan III.

Dammit. My bad.

Yeahhhh. Shame though cos Rylanor is badass. I have literally know clue what could be buried beneath Istvaan V...

Archived