Next book: what to expect beyond new stuff

caprera

They're next after book IV. I quite like their decorated look.

me too, can't wait for the praetor pattern power armour and some honourguard-marines! hope they do the invictus honour guard terminators too :P

Honestly, until we see some of the Special Ultramarines units/characters, I'll agree that the Imperial Fists are a bit too blingy for my taste. I still LOOOOVEEE and its a minor issue at most.

I'm kind of unimpressed by the Templar brethren. Probably need to see them painted, but I expected them to be more... Tabard-y? I dunno, it could just be me. I hate the Fists after all.

I'm kind of unimpressed by the Templar brethren. Probably need to see them painted, but I expected them to be more... Tabard-y? I dunno, it could just be me. I hate the Fists after all.

you are still able to use black templar breastplates with tabards for them as they are just conversion kits ;)

Raktra, they are not Black Templars.  They are the foundation of the Templar Chapter...10k years before they become the Black Templars we know. 

FW has fine line to tread with the loyalists Legions.  Make them too much like the 40k Chapter and people buy those instead of GW plastics...make them too different and the 40k fans won't buy them. 

Same here, I dropped 40k about a year ago and haven't looked back.  I'm legion dependent on look.  I think the Iron Hands and Ultrasmurfs will be every ornate. But Iron Warriors won't be.  All adds to the character of the Legion.

I got into 40k as 30k was starting to ramp up (book 2 was about to be released and a lot of info was coming out) and, due to most of the reading I had done on the setting before buying minis being about the HH, I was instantly more interested. That and their stuff just looked better :p

So far, I'm more than happy with how the Imperial Fists have been presented.

I'm really looking forward to how the do the Ultramarines. Their mini's might be the most blinged out and ripe for kitbashing that we've seen so far. I've no doubt FW will do them justice, just, how will they represent such a large legion?

I'm going to assume that they'll have their own mini-Rites of War to capitalize on their flexibility and size.

My only fear with the Iron Warriors is they end up looking like shabby Iron Hands....

Has there been any word on when Conquest is going to be released? I'm very curious to see where Forge World is going to go with the Dark Mechanicum army list, even if they won't be getting daemon engines and the like as yet. I'm torn at this point between Word Bearers and Mechanicum and I'm hoping Conquest will help me make a final decision (although Tempest may later change my mind tongue.png).

Raktra, they are not Black Templars.  They are the foundation of the Templar Chapter...10k years before they become the Black Templars we know. 

Well... Yeah. I know. But given that is their history, and they ARE called Templars, I imagined them having more similarities.

Well, there are other Templar Chapters too (not as expanded upon as the BT, mind you. Still Sons of Dorn). Ie; Red and White Templars. And neither chapters are seen as tabard toting crusaders.

...Then again thats easily explained by the fact that there is 0 info on them.

Also, BT only started wearing tabards to emulate and copy Sigismund, whose personal Heraldry was that of the BT. All the other Templar were Imperial Fists first, Guardians of the Temple of Oaths Second.

Archived