Next book: what to expect beyond new stuff

caprera

I'm not sure what is actually going to be included in the Templar kit, the swords and shields/pistols? Not much else given the models there are using torsos and heads from the respective upgrade kits. Quite pleased with the overall look however. They are the First Company after all so they should stand out from the crowd.

To whoever mentioned Shadow Crusade and Raven Guard, sorry to disappoint but the SC is World Eaters and Word Bearers curb stomping Ultramar,

The best thing about the design process for the Solar Auxilla (which are basically the Imperial Army divisions drawn from the Solar Systems immediately around Terra, not the Imperial Army itself) is that the other designs they want to do can be grafted onto the basic framework much easier. So things like Prospero Spireguard, Ultramar Regiments, Word Bearer Cult fodder etc are all, in theory, going to be done on the back of that. Excellent news all around.

I'm very pleased about the lack of Legion bits and pieces for Conquest outside of the Shattered Legions force org, relics etc. There's still a backlog of things that need to be cranked out from Massacre let alone Extermination, especially with the rush to jump on the Knight bandwagon, added to the fact that the SoH and DG have already had a serious amount of FW love it's best not to go overkill on them.

As for Calth, I've got high hopes for what they'll do with the Ultramarines and Daemonic WBs. Units wise I think the bulk will be devoted to the UM and Imperial Army although I've no idea what signature units they'd provide the XIII Legion. Invictus Terminators possibly? Characters you're looking at Ventanus and Eikos Lamiad since they're the ones at the forefront of the BL stuff. Thiel is a possibility but the fact he's still just a sergeant counts against him.

Actually, Balth, the templar kit is head, shoulders, torso, arms and weapons. Basically everything but legs. There was a breakdown of the kits I remember seeing somewhere. Possibly heresy30k.

I'll find the picture but I'm pretty sure its been stated that Templar and Phalanx Warders are upgrade kits....that only need legs to be a full kit :P

Will edit this post.

They could do the same with breachers...sell tax squads with an upgrade. I doubt these are upgrade kits. That would make them really expensive to build (base squad plus upgrade kit) and have a lot of extra resin.

It was stated in the description of the picture...not any official thing I've seen.

Upgrade kits are good for plastic base kits...not for resin base.

Yeah, you're right, it was only in the pictures.

I don't see why they wouldn't be full kits since they only need legs and backpacks.

Since thats all they need.

*crosses fingers* please don't be a sign of GW meddling...

Doubt it. But one can never be too sure. It would be an especially serious blow for me since they'd be doing it to my main boys :(

Yeah... and unlike GW, FW has been pretty good on passing the savings onto us. (those bundle deals...)

So I have pretty good faith in them delivering something good at a reasonable (..for us who are already buying a lot of FW..) price.

While I hope you are right about the templars and wardens being full kits...  I should point out that the terror squad bitz are just an upgrade.  There is precedence for it and I am cynical enough to expect it. Only the Iron Hands Mk III power armor squad was its own separate kit for the basic legionaries.  Everyone else has upgrade torsos and helms for their flavourful bitz.

You're right...I forgot all about the terror squads. and now that you said that I remember the NL player here being up set about the cost to make a squad. He ended up using plastic legs (and was not happy with the out come).

Aren't the Terror Squads just Head and Torso upgrades with optional shoulders? While it sucks and there is precedent, they aren't as complete of a kit as these 2 that are just missing legs and backpacks.

I feel like FW would be doing themselves a big favour if they released Legion 'Bundle' kits - the Legion specific heads, torsos & shoulderpads with the standard legs, arms & backpacks (of the appropriate mark) as a single pack. Obviously I have no clue whether this would work in terms of casting moulds (if the standard Legion PA packs are all cast from a single mould as one kit), but I think people would generally buy more of these kind of kits if they didn't have annoying leftover torsos & obviously the extra expense.

There is no added cost, FW doesn't use sprues for their kits. There is one mold for MK-whatever legs and they just run it as many time as they need it. They don't have to run an entire sprue like GW does just for legs.

Any idea on where the Blood Angels are supposed to be in the book line-up?

After Calth, together with Dark Angels and Thramas (and after them Inferno with SW and TS, Sororitas Silentium and Custodes)

Archived