Next book: what to expect beyond new stuff

caprera

I have no idea what you are talking about biggrin.png sorry!

Possible Spoilers from SCARS:

-

-

-

-

-

Jaghatai was next contacted by the Space Wolves' Leman Russ who had just returned from the Burning of Prospero and the assault against the Space Wolves' old rivals, the Thousand Sons Legion. The VI Legion's fleet had mustered at the Alaxxes Nebula to lick its wounds after the recent campaign, when it was beset by the forces of the Alpha Legion. Horus had deployed the XX Legion to launch a massive assault on Russ' battered and outnumbered Space Wolves. The Alpha Legion and its twin Primarchs, Alpharius Omegon, had long harboured deep grudges against the Space Wolves, and Russ in particular, for his criticism of their reliance upon trickery, manipulation and subterfuge to win battles rather than engaging in what the Space Wolves Primarch saw as honourable, open combat. The Alpha Legion relished the chance to prove their superiority against the arrogant Wolves of Fenris by delaying them long enough to keep them from contributing to the Imperial defence of Terra. Although the Khan sympathised with the Space Wolves' predicament, he refused to get involved until he was able to sort out the conflicting and often contradictory astropathic messages he had received. Until he knew, beyond a shadow of doubt, who was ally and who was an enemy, he refused to choose sides. Wishing his brother the best of luck, Jhagatai wished to seek his answers elsewhere.

As the White Scars fleet made preparations to depart the Chondax System, they encountered a massive Alpha Legion flotilla. The Alpha Legion were an unknown quantity to the White Scars. They did not respond to communication requests and had hung back on the edge of the system, quietly accumulating more warships across a wide sweep of local space. There was no response from the XX Legion's command despite all queries. All White Scars vessels were ordered not to escalate the situation and not to fire upon the interlopers unless fired upon. The warriors of the V Legion were to maintain perimeter integrity and not to permit Alpha Legion spacecraft to penetrate within range of the core White Scars fleet. As the Khagan decided on his Legion's next move, the Alpha Legion cordon remained intact, its smooth unity broken only by minor adjustments to the twin defensive lines. Every move that the White Scars made was reflected by Alpha Legion warships in what had become a bizarre game of mirrors. Though the Alpha Legion had presented no threat, these were not the actions of a friend. This could not be denied, but despite that, the Khan still resisted giving the order to attack. Mere houres earlier, the shape of the reported rebellion within the Imperium had been simple: Russ and his savages defying orders once more. Now it had become complex, far more complex.

Boarding Battles with AL vs SW and AL vs WS

Very kind the Spoiler alert but i read Scars this summer, and finished Legion a month ago. Two of the best heresy books for me.

So you think additional rules for boarding actions only or even new units/equipment ?

As far as i saw AL is not so well represented atm.

What other rules are you looking for? Between Zone Mortalis and Void Battles there's not much else needed.

Rules for different time periods for instance. Also, how players can regulate themselves in building a Luna Wolves/pre-Corax RG army, forbidding certain units and introducing alternatives.

Just a couple things the came up right now, don't you agree ?

Those are crusade era riles, they have already said they will not be addressing those rules for awhile if at all. Those are also fluff questions.

Since the rules given are for the very start of the Heresy, I believe it would be save to say that Luna Wolves are the same as SoH...just a diffetent armor color. As for pre-Primarch...see comment on no rules for crusade era legions.

So you suggest switching the armor model is sufficient.

I ask because tampering with the Raven Guard list I initially took, I saw the Dark Furies as a post heresy unit. You read Deliverance Lost maybe.

The Mark of the armor should really be the only difference.

As for as when a unit was first used- the only thing we have to go off is the statement about Xenos: FW is not doing Xenos for Heresy because the story is about Marine on Marine love, the Xenos are hiding and waiting for the scouring.  Also that the Legion FOC and units in the books represents the Legions at the beginning of the heresy. The later book are supposed to have FOCs for later points...see Shattered Legions and the talk of alternate Primarchs.

Archived