Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 7: TandF Completions

Grotsmasha

Wecome to Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 7: Treadheads and Fly Boys completion thread, where you will find all of the walkers completed for the challenge.

For anyone who has no idea what this thread is about, check out the Rules thread HERE

Also, here are the Completion Pips from the previous Challenges, If you'd prefer the Banners, they're in the respective Completion threads

gallery_48988_6285_1641.jpg gallery_48988_6285_1098.jpg gallery_48988_6285_1776.jpg gallery_48988_6285_1724.png gallery_48988_6285_6092.png gallery_48988_6285_4875.png

Ok guys, remember when posting you completed Tanks or Flyers, please post them in the following 5 picture format, and please declare 1 completion per post.

FRONT

gallery_48988_6285_313803.jpg

LEFT

gallery_48988_6285_583089.jpg

REAR

gallery_48988_6285_338364.jpg

RIGHT

gallery_48988_6285_267069.jpg

3 VIEW, a raised or lowed picture capturing two sides of the model

gallery_48988_6285_665314.jpg

Completing your kit-bash before December 2nd will earn you a Completion banner/pip to wear in your signature.

gallery_48988_6285_17523.png gallery_48988_6285_641.png

OK, so now that you've posted your completed Tank or Flyer, now what?? Paint it up and display it with pride in Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenges Showcase Thread over in the Hall of Honour.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

GORGON PATTERN LAND RAIDER ............................................................................. 205 POINTS
BS Front Side Rear HP
4 14 14 14 4
Unit
• 1-3 Gorgon Land Raiders
Type
• Vehicle (Tank, Transport)
Access Points
• Two access doors (one on
each side)
Transport
• The The Gorgon Pattern Land Raider can carry 10 models

Special Rules
• Power of the Machine Spirit

• The Gorgon's Gaze (Sacrifice movement to gain interceptor and skyfire)

Wargear
• Turret mounted Quad Lascannon

• Searchlight
• Smoke launchers
pintle-mounted weapons:
--Combi-Bolter.....................................................................+5 points
--Heavy bolter.....................................................................+10 points
--Multi-melta.......................................................................+10 points
• A Land Raider Proteus may also be equipped with:
--Extra armour.....................................................................+15 points
--Hunter-killer missile                      ....................................+10 points
--Havoc launcher                   .............................................+15 points
--Armoured ceramite ..........................................................+20 points
--Dozer blade........................................................................+5 points

@Grotsmasher. Ha, that sounds just like my assault  rhino, named at the time  'battletoad'  due to its appearance from the front. Was actually the one I was planning on entering into the challenge. Will be watching to see what you do. Ran with heavy bolters all round, but it is on the refit pile to make it inter changeable sponsons, with flamers, hurricane bolters. 

here it is. 

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07469.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07472.jpg

StormHawk ............................................................................. 150 POINTS
BS Front Side Rear HP
 4     12    12    12    3
Unit
• 1 StormHawk flyer
Type
• Vehicle (Flyer)

Special Rules

• Strafing Run

• Supersonic

Wargear
• 4 Bombs

• Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

May elect to take either

-Skyhammer missile launcher....10points

or

-Typhoon missile launcher.........10points

May take a hull mounted twin-linked Lascannon.......25points

Weapon              Range       Str      Ap      Type

Bomb                    Bomb        6        4        Large Blast, Barrage*, One-use Only

*The StormHawk may elect to drop up to 4 bombs per bombing run. Remember once you use the bombs they're gone.

@Grotsmasher. Ha, that sounds just like my assault  rhino, named at the time  'battletoad'  due to its appearance from the front. Was actually the one I was planning on entering into the challenge. Will be watching to see what you do. Ran with heavy bolters all round, but it is on the refit pile to make it inter changeable sponsons, with flamers, hurricane bolters. 

here it is. 

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07469.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07472.jpg

That looks great :tu:   and here I am thinking I'm being all unique.... ;)

Cheers,

Jono

I had 2 resin prometheus kits I ended up not using, so I figured it was time to give them new life.

Call me obtuse, but I don't see any Prometheus bits used?
That's correct msn-wink.gif

I gutted the front, top and sponsons.

Hopefully without breaking them! Prometheus' are unsung heroes of the marine armoury in my opinion.

"Ryza" pattern Hellstrider                                                                             165pt

More like a walking Leman Russ battle tank than a knight the Hellstider is a duel seat stable fire platform. STC design dated to long before the dark age of technology it is now a rare sight. Overtaking by the more agile and versatile knights the Hellstrider is now mostly used as a ceremonial guard by certain factions of the mechanicum. The Ryza pattern in particular is know to only have a couple of working tanks left, losing most of their brethren to the wars of the Horus Heresy.

BS    Front    Side     Rear    HP

3        14       13         10       3

Unit:

1 "Ryza" Pattern Hellstider

Typer:

Walker

Wargear:

Smoke launcher

"Ryza" Pattern Bolt-cannon

Heavy Bolter

Options:

May exchange "Ryza" Pattern Bolt-cannon of a "Ryza" Pattern neutronlaser for 30pts

May take 2 sponsons with

- Heavy bolters     10pts

- Heavy Flamers   10pts

- Multi-meltas        20pts

- Plasma cannons 30pts

May take vehicle upgrades as mentioned in Codex Astra Millitarum

Weapons:                                Range           str         ap         type

"Ryza" Pattern Bolt-cannon        36"              8           3           Heavy 10

"Ryza" Pattern Neutronlaser       96"              10         2           Heavy 1

The "Ryza" pattern Hellstrider is a heavy support choice for Codex Astra Millitarum which includes at least one Techpriest enginseer 

Still trying to make a nice dataslate like Grotsmasha did but for now here she is. C&C welcome.

The "Ryza" pattern Hellstrider is a heavy support choice for Codex Astra Millitarum which includes at least one Techpriest enginseer 

Ok, here's the initial write up for my effort. Ladies, Gentlemen, and all those unable or unwilling to decide, I offer for your pleasure: The Lacerator pattern tank.

The Lacerator-pattern is a development of the more common rhino-hulled vindicator tank. It is not recorded which forge world first produced this variant or in what numbers, but what is certain is that by the later stages of the 41st millennium, it is a vanishingly rare sight on the battlefield. It is believed that no Lacerators have been built since the end of the great crusade, with those few relics that survive being cannibalised for parts to keep them running.

The vehicle appears to be a modification to the STC vindicator pattern whereby the ventrally mounted demolisher cannon is replaced with a high-speed rotary autocannon similar to that deployed on the Leman Russ Punisher used by the Astra Militarum. In addition, it is usual practice to fit sponsons equipped with either twin linked heavy bolters or multiple bolt gun arrays.

This vehicle uses massed firepower and an extreme rate of fire to carve apart enemy infantry formations and is especially effective in close cover where accuracy is less important than suppressing fire.

Unit: 1 "Lacerator" pattern tank. 140 points.

Type: Vehicle

BS Front Side Rear HP

4 13 11 10 3

Transport capacity: zero.

Wargear:

1 hull mounted Lacerator cannon.

Smoke launchers

1 pintle mounted storm bolter

Options:

May take a pair of side sponsons equipped with twin linked heavy bolters or hurricane bolters for 30 points.

May replace its storm bolter with a heavy flamer for free, or a multimelta for 10 points.

May take a siege shield for 10 points.

May take extra armour for 10 points.

Weapons: Range str ap type

Lacerator cannon. 24" 5 - Heavy 20

A single Lacerator may be taken as a Heavy Support choice by any space marine detachment. This includes Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights and any detachment using chapter tactics from Codex:Space Marines or the subsequently published Forge World chapter tactics list.

A single Lacerator may be taken as a Heavy Support choice by a detachment chosen from Codex:Chaos Space Marines with the following changes:

A Lacerator taken as part of a Chaos Space Marine detachment may not be equipped with hurricane bolter sponsons, and its pintle mounted storm bolter must be replaced with a combi-weapon as described in Codex: Chaos Space Marines. This combi-weapon may be replaced with a heavy flamer or multimelta as per the unit entry above.

I'll post a similar summary in the Rules thread so as not to clutter up this area with my ramblings. Looking forward to building this.

StormHawk ............................................................................. 150 POINTS

Sounds interesting, looking forward to the Stormhawk

"Ryza" pattern Hellstrider                                                                             165pt

Oooohhhh, definitely looking forward to seeing your walker-tank thingy-ma-bob

"Lacerator" pattern tank. 140 points.

Those weapons sound....brutal

Lovin what i'm reading above and cant wait to see these war machines roll off the production line!!

Here's mine (fluff needs polishing / extending):

Storm Eagle ‘Vengeance’ Pattern                                                                                             295pts

Born in the wake of the heresy and destruction of Caliban, this secret Pattern was commissioned by the then Supreme Grand Master to aid the hunt for the traitorous “fallen” brothers.  Based on similar concepts to the Harrier Jet of bygone history, this designs primary focus was to sweep into a battle zone, drop its cargo of “custodians” to capture their target, and be back in the air within minutes, fully loaded with Custodians and captive(s).  This Pattern, with its retro fitted rotor blade design allowed for swift response and quick extraction. This combination of jet engine and rotor makes the Storm Eagle Vengeance able to pivot with un-paralleled precision to provide the covering firepower for its cargo.  Armed for piercing the Power and Ceramite armour they would undoubtedly be facing, and equipped with ancient technology able to incarcerate their captives. 

It will come as no surprise, to those with the knowledge, that this pattern of Storm Eagle was produced in large quantities by the Unforgiven, post the fall of Caliban utilising the ancient Technology saved deep within the Rock, but only a few remain in service today.  Those that do remain are highly prized relics of the Chapter.

A Storm Eagle Vengeance is a Heavy Support choice for a Codex Dark Angels army.

Armour      
       BS           Front     Side       Rear     HP

Storm Eagle                        4              12           12           12       4

Unit Composition                                                    Unit Type

• 1 Storm Eagle Assault Gunship                               Vehicle (Flyer, Hover, Transport)

Access Points
• The Storm Eagle has 1 access point at the front ramp

Transport Capacity
• 10 (Terminators and Jump Infantry count as two models each)

Special Rules
DW Vehicle
• Deep Strike
• Assault Vehicle
• Strafing Run
• Vector Dance
• Porta-Rack Assault
• Independent Turret Fire
• Relic of the Armoury*

Wargear
• Hull mounted TL Multi Melta
• Wing mounted Plasma Gun ‘Turrets’
• 4 Blacksword Missiles
• Plasma Talon Array Sponsons
• Locator Beacon
• Ceramite plating
• Porta-Rack

Options

• A Storm Eagle may exchange its hull mounted twin-linked Multi Melta for:

-Twin-Linked Heavy bolters...................................................................................       Free
- a single Typhoon missile launcher……………………………………………………       +25 points
-Twin-Linked Lascannon.......................................................................................       +30 points

A Storm Eagle may take one of the following upgrades:
-four wing-mounted Hellstrike missiles...................................................................       +40 points
-two wing-mounted twin-linked Lascannon.............................................................      +60 points

A Storm Eagle may take any of the following: -

- Search Light........................................................................................................       +1 point

- Extra Armour........................................................................................................       +15 points

Deathwing Vehicle
A Deathwing Vehicle has the Preferred Enemy (Chaos Space Marines) special rule, and if a Vehicle with this upgrade suffers a penetrating hit, you can make your opponent re-roll the result on the Vehicle Damage table.  You must accept the second roll, even if it is worse than the first.

Independent Turret Fire

The Vengeance pattern Storm Eagle is equipped with two turrets which are capable of individual operation. So long as the Storm Eagle is eligible to fire a weapon in the Shooting phase, each turret weapon may fire at a target of its own and these weapons do not count towards the number of weapons the Predator may fire each turn.

Relic of the Armoury (non-Horus Heresy era only)

Vengeance pattern Storm Eagles are rare and highly valued war machines, and only a precious few remain.

They are held in such high regard that they are only ever committed to battle with the express blessing of the Chapter’s most senior officers, one of whom must oversee their deployment in person in order to ensure the relic is afforded all due respect and that the proper machine supplications are made.  This is only ever in times when a high Fallen presence is identified.

One Relic of the Armoury may be taken in the army’s primary detachment, within the usual provisions of the army list. Further Relic vehicles may be chosen, in which case the detachment must also include a Keeper of Relics purchased as an HQ choice. This character must be an Interrogator-Chaplain from Codex: Dark Angels.

Porta-Rack Assault
The Storm Eagle Vengeance was designed to transport captured Fallen back to the Strike Cruisers for delivery to Cell 42 on the Rock for "interrogation".  This rule is only applied to a Unit that kills an enemy character whilst performing an Assault from the Storm Eagle.  That Unit then gains the Fear and Preferred Enemy special rules.  In addition, your Army may now use any enemy teleport homers and locator beacons as if they were your own.

Blacksword Missiles

Range   STR         AP          Type

36"         6              4              Heavy1, One Use only

Multi Melta

24"         8              1              Heavy1, Melta

Plasma Cannon

36"         7              2              Heavy1, Blast, Gets Hot

Plasma Talon Array

18"         7              2              3 Twin Linked Plasma Talons, Rapid Fire, Gets Hot

Storm Eagle ‘Vengeance’ Pattern                                                                                             295pts

Aawwwwhhhh yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!! Feel the wrath of the Unforgiven :tu:

Hey guys, I've had a few of you ask about the page I did, here's a few that I've done so far, feel free to use them. If you'd like a page from a Codex I haven't done, hit me with a P.M. I'll take any excuse for a little more learning in Photoshop.

HH: Betrayel Parchment

gallery_48988_6285_878471.png

Codex: Astra Militarum

gallery_48988_6285_504805.png

Codex: Dark Angels

gallery_48988_6285_1353462.png

Cheers,

Jono

Okay, this is an idea I've had for a while, and I figure this little competition is the kick I need to actually get it done.

Adeptus Astartes Reclusiam Field Shrine

The Reclusiam Field Shrine is a secret, and consequently rare, modification of the Razorback transport, known only to the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. The Field Shrine is a combination of pulpit, reliquary, and pseudo-transport used when Chapter companies are on extended deployments. In this way, the Chapter's Reclusiam works to ensure that even their farthest flung brethren receive the spiritual guidance they need, on and off the battlefield. To that end, the Field Shrine carries a small selection of relics of the Chapter and deployed companies into battle, carefully chosen by the attendant Chaplain. The turret mounted weapon of the former Razorback is integrated into a pulpit from which the Chaplain's sermons are broadcast across the battlefield, exhorting his brothers to greater feats of valour.

Field Shrine: 80 points

BS: 4

FA: 11

SA: 11

RA: 10

HP: 3

Unit Type: Tank, Transport

Transport Capacity: 1 model. It may not carry models with the Bulky, Very Bulky, or Extremely Bulky rules.

The Field Shrine may be taken as a dedicated transport for any 1 Chaplain (or equivalent) in the army.

Wargear:

- Smoke Launchers

- Searchlight

- turret mounted twin-linked heavy bolter.

Options:

- exchange the turret heavy bolter for: twin-linked lascannon: +25 points

Special Rules:

Open Pulpit, Fiery Orator, Reliquary.

Open Pulpit: While the Field Shrine is not truly open-topped, the Chaplain is nonetheless exposed in the pulpit. He may fire a ranged weapon, and he may be hit, both as if the vehicle were open-topped.

Fiery Orator: Space Marine units that start their turn within 12" of the Field Shrine, and have the same Chapter Tactics (or equivalent) as the embarked Chaplain, gain the Zealot special rule for the rest of that player turn.

Reliquary: If the Field Shrine is ever destroyed, mark its former location on the battlefield. This becomes an additional objective in missions that use objectives, however, it is always a "nothing of note" result on the mysterious objectives table. In missions with tactical objectives, the Space Marine player rolls a d6 and removes the associated objective from the game, replacing it with the new Field Shrine objective. If the mission does not use objectives, this rule does not apply.

I've made some progress on my entries....

I have a Flak Land Raider and a Land Raider Infernus:

Flak Land Raider

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/26/658277_sm-WIP%20Flak%20Land%20Raider%20parts.JPG

Here's a group shot of most of the parts that will be going onto my Flak Land Raider. I plan on having 2 sets of Stalker weapons on the top, 1 slightly higher than the other and for sponsons, I have 2 sets of Hyperios Missiles and (not in the picture) 2 sets of Razorback Assault Cannons. I'm undecided which to use, so I will magnetise them both! This Land Raider will be the usual shape and not the WW1 look I give some of my other variants.

Land Raider Infernus

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/26/658279_sm-WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20parts.JPG

This will be based on the Malcador Infernus. I managed to get a Warhound Inferno cannon on ebay and have been planning this for ages. The Treadhead competition has given me the impetus to start this variant.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/26/658281_sm-WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Fuel%20tank.JPG

This is the Trailer containing the majority of the fuel. These were left overs of my Spartan conversion (which I still haven't finished!). I think the Tank looks to big, with the trailer being to wide compared to the Land Raider, so I plan on finding something smaller. I have my eye on a Q-Tip container and will pick one up later when I go shopping.

I'm really happy with the progress so far. I have a couple of days holiday for the next few days, so I hope to have both constructed by the end of the week.

Till next time, Brother Morgan.

Flak Land Raider

I managed to finish my Flak Land Raider yesterday....

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659780_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Front.JPG

Front

To ensure air supremacy, a SM commander can request for a Flak Land Raider to accompany his troops on any mission (taking up 1 Heavy Support slot).

From the front, you can see the Twin Stalker Weapons mounted on top and the FW Whirlwind Hyperios sponsons to shoot any enemy threat out of the sky. I added magnets to all of the weapons to allow swopping but also to assist in storage.

The front has been left blank to assist with the airbrushed flames that will in the near future be covering it. Milliput has been used sparingly to fill any gaps and smooth out any bumps/holes.

Left Side

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659781_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Left%20Side.JPG

You can see the different heights of the Stalker weapons in this shot. The front Stalker weapons were fitted lower to ensure enough clearance for the rear Stalker weapons to fire directly horizontal to the front. I also ensure enough clearance for the Hyperios Sponson to be able to swivel a full 360 degrees on magnets as well. Rivets were also added for more realism.

Rear

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659782_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Raer.JPG

I shortened the width of the engines before sticking a Mechanicus symbol from the Cities of Death kit to show the close ties my "Legion of the Dead" have with their Martian friends. As I could not fit any hatches anywhere else on the model, I added one to the rear to allow crew etc to get into the vehicle. I added some feet holes as well to assist the crew in getting into the vehicle.

Right Side

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659783_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Right%20Side.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659784_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Top.JPG

I really enjoyed making this model and it came together really quickly as I had everything I needed ready to go to build it. I keep a record of vehicle conversions I want to make in the future and then keep a record of parts I need to get to achieve it. I regularly keep an eye out for bits on different sites and overtime, buy all the parts for the new projects. Eventually, I can then go ahead and build my variants....

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/31/659785_sm-Flak%20Land%20Raider%20Completed%20Assault%20Canno%20Sponson.JPG

........ and to show another variant, FW Razorback Twin Assault Cannons. Think of the amount of bullets coming out of this vehicle!!!

I've washed all the resin parts and am waiting for some nice weather to be able to go outside and undercoat the whole of the model. I'll show some painted shots (hopefully) in the near future.

Land Raider Infernus

I'm well on the way to finish the structure of this vehicle and will post some pictures later.

Regards, Brother Morgan.

Land Raider Infernus

Thought I'd show the progress I've made on my Land Raider Infernus I'm building for Grotsmasha's Treadheads and Flyers conversion challenge:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660189_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Front.JPG

This shows the Top Front view. The tank commander is currently headless (not a carry over from halloween honest!!!) as I always paint my helmets white and when I undercoat the vehicle in black, it takes lots of coats of white to get the required finish I want.

I used bits from the IG Valkyrie, Hellhound and Baneblade on the top and front as well as lots of plasticard to make this look a practical vehicle. I'll add a large milliput skull in the space on the large black plasticard area under the tank commander after I've painted the vehicle.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660190_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Top.JPG

This top view shows the original GW grey parts and the new converted bits. The antennae has been magnetised to aid in storing.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660185_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Right.JPG

To show my Legion's loyalty, I added large plasticard Imperial Eagles over both sides. These were fun to make but very time consuming to attach to the vehicle. I've tried to carry the eagle over the sponson armour as well.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660188_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Left%20Side.JPG

This shows the left side.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660187_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Rear.JPG

The rear was problematic. There needs to be engines and exhausts to power the vehicle, but I also want a large pipe connecting the large fuel tank trailer to the Infernus as well as another way of attaching the 2 vehicles together. I'll use the 2 converted turret hatches as the connection points for the 2 pipes and the 2 vehicles.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/2/660183_sm-99%25%20Completed%20WIP%20Land%20Raider%20Infernus%20Top%20Front.JPG

A final view of the top front. I'm 99% finished on the vehicle and I just need to add a small amount of milliput to a few gaps and the Infernus will be finished and ready for undercoat. I'll now move onto the Fuel Tank trailer. I plan on getting the Green Stuff Tentacle/pipe maker as well to use on this vehicle, I just hope that it doesn't take that long to arrive from Spain!

Till next time, Brother Morgan.

Archived