Tzen's Ultramarines WIP blog!

Tzen

And you obviously have to share the minis when you do paint them Dosjetka... by the way... why the name change?

Will do :) And I felt like changing it, so I did. I regret it though as I miss being called Ludo, BBL and Battle-Brother Ludovic :(

Well, first five Assault marines done!

Sorry about the poor pic!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/AMgroup.jpg

Not sure what's next exactly, I am moving house soon, so I am basically trying to paint up things that I have already assembled to avoid more clutter and such before packing to move!

Edited by Tzen

I am deffo using Macragge as a base. It is a darker blue than the old ultramarines blue though, and it looks VERY VERY dark until you actually paint the gold trim and the rest. It's a pretty good optical illusion.

I'll do my best to get a very basic step by step guide when I paint the next Ultra! 

And cheers Sockwithaticket, really appreciate it :)

Here is a Librarian I added to my force!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/termlib.jpg

So, the story behind this, is that it was painted half way about oooo 10 years or so ago, and then finished about three weeks ago. You can tell because the blue is the old ultramarines blue, which is a lighter shade than Macragge Blue. Also the details painted 10 years ago aren't as crisp as the ones painted three weeks ago. The face was painted recently for example.