Tzen's Ultramarines WIP blog!

Tzen

I am gonna do my best! I don't have much time to paint him, but if I can do a fairly decent job over all I will be happy. Gives me chance to practice before I do my own! :)

I'd love to have got some more time on this guy to go to town on him, but when I get my own version from the amazing new boxed set I am pretty certain I will revisit this model.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cprim1.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cprim2.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cprim3.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cprim4.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cprim5.jpg

These guys are a joy to paint. You need to buy these just for the sake of painting them.

You did a great job on that Butt ugly Model Mate . Just not a fan of that Model but you did it justice.

You really don't like these models? :O

Hvae you popped into your local GW to have a look at them in the flesh? I honestly think they are amazing. I wont be doing normal marines at all when possible cos of these! :D

A fantastic paint job on an award model. I love the super precise highlights on the armour and the cloak looks fantastic too :thumbsup:

Thanks man. 

There really is loads more I could do, there is loads that's been rushed here but yeah. A mix of deadline plus loads of other stuff to paint. 

I am determined to spend some time on a display model some time soon. All these army painting is getting annoying!

its not the model its self, its the posing. looks like this marine has a beer belly =/

I'll wait for the full multipart kits later this year.

Still an amazing paint job

That's cool. I quite like the "beer belly". It seems to be inspired by Tau tech (I don't know specifically what - but it seems Tau ish.). 

I personally love the feet though. This armour seems super heavy. I can hear it stomping along really loud. 

its not the model its self, its the posing. looks like this marine has a beer belly =/

I'll wait for the full multipart kits later this year.

Still an amazing paint job

This ^ too much cheesecake and Mead made Captain Grevis a fat boy. I will wait to see a multipart kit to pass judgement . But so far they don't cut the Mustard for me .

You did a great job on that Butt ugly Model Mate . Just not a fan of that Model but you did it justice.

You really don't like these models? :ohmy.:

Hvae you popped into your local GW to have a look at them in the flesh? I honestly think they are amazing. I wont be doing normal marines at all when possible cos of these! :biggrin.:

A fantastic paint job on an award model. I love the super precise highlights on the armour and the cloak looks fantastic too :thumbsup:

Thanks man. 

There really is loads more I could do, there is loads that's been rushed here but yeah. A mix of deadline plus loads of other stuff to paint. 

I am determined to spend some time on a display model some time soon. All these army painting is getting annoying!

Hahaha, well your 'rushed' effort looks pretty amazing! Are you going to be painting anymore Primaris Marines before the release date? I'll look forward to seeing you work on some more display minis :)

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Primaris Marine aesthetic (the Inceptors are some of the most terrible GW minis that I've seen in a longtime). I haven't seen them in person yet, so I'm only going off what I've seen online. I love their scale, but I'm not a fan of the design. I'd be much happier if GW had just released a larger scale alternative of the regular Space Marine design.

The Captain model in particular looks 'awkward'. The abdomen looks too long, the legs look too short, the torso is twisted in a strange way, and it looks like he is going to fall over forwards. Some of the 'regular' Primaris Marines look a bit better and once they're released in multi-part kits we'll be able to avoid 'awkward' poses.

I'll see if I can get down to my local GW and see them in person tomorrow. Maybe I'll change my mind :)

For the record, I am cool with people not liking them. I just love em. So yeah! Just surprised they aren't an instant hit for everyone. I love the new Jump pack chaps. I will very likely do an army of the jump pack fellas! :D

I do want to do a new Word Bearers army for the new 40k. I want to do The Anointed (Word Bearers Terminators) with robes and all that cool junk. Supported by Daemon Engines. So basically a Khorne Lord of Skulls and my Maulerfiends and all that crazy daemonic goodness! :D

Love the paintjob. Personally I like the regular tactical primaris, I'm planning to convert some to count-as regular astartes, switching a few of the weapons, heads, pads and see what else can be changed.

But the jump marines are just horrible. Anyways, looking forward to seeing those anointed, sounds like a cool idea.

Well the sword is boring and the edge highlights are a bit ropey. Not badly painted, just had to get it done!

I don't have the mini anymore, so can't take any more pics. Sorry!

For the record, I am cool with people not liking them. I just love em. So yeah! Just surprised they aren't an instant hit for everyone. I love the new Jump pack chaps. I will very likely do an army of the jump pack fellas! :biggrin.:

I do want to do a new Word Bearers army for the new 40k. I want to do The Anointed (Word Bearers Terminators) with robes and all that cool junk. Supported by Daemon Engines. So basically a Khorne Lord of Skulls and my Maulerfiends and all that crazy daemonic goodness! :biggrin.:

Your Word Bearers were a big inspiration for me when I was working on my own CSM army, so I'm looking forward to seeing your new Word Bearers, especially the Anointed! :tu:

I got a chance to see the Primaris Marines in the flesh today at my local GW and my opinion of them hasn't changed. The Nurgle Lord will make a fantastic Typhus conversion though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new Typhus model. I don't know anything, not a rumour monger by any stretch of the imagination. But I reckon we will see more nurgle models.

At least you can say you want to see the models before making your mins up. That's more than most do.

And I am seriously looking forward to revisiting my Word Bearers. It's been waaaay too long.

So, how did you get your hands on that Primaris Captain?
Are you working for GW or what?

Great job, I only wish the Tacticus Armor would be a little more... edgy...

I only painted the model, not mine! All stores got some of the new models early to show customers! :)

I have completed my Space Marine Captain.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/capt1.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/capt2.jpg

I need to finish the base (as always!) but the model is done.

This is a great model, it's a bit of a shame I have rushed him. However I am pretty taken by the new Primaris marines. So my enthusiasm is a little low for "normal" marines.