Arbites Aerial Presence

I was watching Burn Notice today & the narrator was talking about helicopters & listed the advantages forces like law enforcement enjoy with their deployment. It got me thinking what would Arbitrators use in open sky environments. Would they use Vultures & Valkyries like the Imperial Guard/Navy use or would they use something like a militarized version of a civilian flyer.

In the fluff the arbitea are often equiped with IG style equipment, and often better (with spacce marine and SoB stuff tossed in), but in the Cain series, and also in the Ravenor series they often had armoured landspeeders and other stuff like that.

Honestly they could have whatever they wanted shy of heavy Space Marine stuff. Valkryies and vultres would be commonplace, and even something like a landspeeder storm would be in place.

Thanks y'all. Hmm so adding ascout squad or two with shotguns in Storms would sound great. I just don't know how to explain the enhanced stats. Would allow me access to a stormtalon. They do look a lot like MD500 helicopters.

@Miko

I didn't know that. I thought the Ecclesiarchy found the pattern, claimed exclusive rights to it and any in Arbites service were gifts for loyal support/bribes/seizures. Now I wish they were fast attack slots instead of dedicated transports. Could've run unbound with those bringing in arbitrators & a stormtalon providing aerial support & Land Speeder outriders. Ah well. Valks & vultures will have to do.

Basically, our Sisters in the Bloody Rose co-opted some Arbites Repressors for a mission, jury-rigging the water cannon for use as a Heavy Flamer. Afterwards, they bombarded the Synod with requests to incorporate them into the very short list of vehicles permitted to the Sororitas due to their awkward place under the Decree Passive. It took something like two hundred years to be given the go ahead... but the Sisters were using them for a while anyway before the final yes.

Thanks y'all. Hmm so adding ascout squad or two with shotguns in Storms would sound great. I just don't know how to explain the enhanced stats. Would allow me access to a stormtalon. They do look a lot like MD500 helicopters.

@Miko

I didn't know that. I thought the Ecclesiarchy found the pattern, claimed exclusive rights to it and any in Arbites service were gifts for loyal support/bribes/seizures. Now I wish they were fast attack slots instead of dedicated transports. Could've run unbound with those bringing in arbitrators & a stormtalon providing aerial support & Land Speeder outriders. Ah well. Valks & vultures will have to do.

You are mixing up the stories of the Immolator with the Repressor. Sister found the STC for an advanced flame cannon and bartered with the Adepts of Mars to build it for them with the understanding that only the Eclesarchy would have access to use it. The Adpets agreed and created the Immolator.

However the adepts quickly realized that the plans would take far more time to understand fully. It is believed that the IG Hellhound was created using the knowledge gained from that STC.

That is were the fluff leaves off, but there are probably other flame weapons that were based on that same design.

Archived