so what to add?

shandwen

I have slowly been building a 30k Ravenguard force, using maing 40k kits as my gaming group has decided that is preferable, and have been contemplating adding a forgeworld model to my mainly infantry force.

I currently have 50ish tacs, fifteen or so special weapons marines, twenty or so heavy weapons marines, ten marines kitbashed to be the elite RG sniper/shotgun guys, a handful of characters and apothecaries, and a basalisk. So nearly all of this army will be on foot. I have a handful of 40k droppods and landspeedees, but no rhinos to go mech, and no desire to mech up either.

I have narrowed my choice to a Sicarian (it looks to cool, and is useable with my 40k LRC spam), a Contemptor Mortis dread (for aa and added antitank firepower with dual laz) or a Lightning Strike Fighter (which looks like it will take magnatizing to be useable in 40k).

Im wondering which of these will be a good fit into a Ravenguard list, and any other ideas you peeps have.

For a mainly infantry force either would work and I have both but they're both solid choices. I guess the real decider will be how much air will you be facing usually? What armies do you play against?

My main friend who has dove into this with me has a word-bearers army, but other than that it will probably 40k iron hands, IG, and Dark Eldar.  For the most part my common opponents tend to spam one or two un its from their books.

If I was in your shoes, I'd personally go for the Lightnings. They got some serious armour-killing power, an ability to intercept other flyers, and visually / aesthetically, would look beautiful alongside the Raven Guard Legion.

Archived