Paint scheme help for my regiment

Acebaur

So as I'm thinking about what kind of AM allies I'm going to take I've started thinking about what color to paint them. I'll be running them alongside my Black Templars however they are not part of my force fluff wise. (They are on the planet already and the Templars arrive) So they don't have to coordinate, but neither do I want them to clash either. Does that make sense?

So here are some color schemes that I came up with.

igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_i4Kfp.hCEct__@i83Q2@@@___@...i83Q2i83Q2@@.hBLXEhzyLP@&

igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_hBfSU.hFRi8__@i83Q2@@@___@...i83Q2i83Q2@@.h1VNSh96Kk@&

igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_hRUbg.i4Kfp__@i83Q2@@@___@...i83Q2i83Q2@@.hBLXEhzyLP@&

igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_hFRi8.h5z2g__@i83Q2@@@___@...i83Q2i83Q2@@.h1VNSh96Kk@&

igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_hdgU0.h8CU8_hCEct@i83Q2@@@___@...i83Q2i83Q2@@.hBLXEhzyLP@&

Also of note I plan to use the cadian models with maybe some head swaps(can you recommend any?)

I think I like the first one best. However, if you want them to blend in with the Templars the second one would be best. I'm assuming the flak vests will be the same color as the tanks you will use with this force. So the dark grey would fit in better with the Templars black and white.

Victoria Miniatures has some nice head swaps to use. If you have any Neophyte heads leftover, they look good as Sergeants.

What is the foliage like on the planet these guys were on? Either way I like the 1st and 3rd schemes best but maybe with a dark green vest for the third. Are you planning on doing a camo pattern for the fatigues?

I vote for the first one.

If you're fighting on an urban board the grey fatigues will make them fit in. If you're fighting on a wasteland/desert board then the flak armour does likewise.

It reminds me, in a way, of Elmo's guard who are likewise wearing two schemes.

The first two are best, with my preference being for the first. It's a nice scheme and will complement the BT colours without matching them.

For different heads what are you looking for? Maybe if you could find someone with spare Scion heads you could give them a lot of character.

I'm also leaning towards the first two and of those I like the second one best I think.  I like the burnt orange and it would look cool on the tanks I think.

Also my plan is when a unit does something awesome on the table top, they might get rewarded with the honor of wearing the Templar cross on their tank or something. I got this idea from Helsreach when some of their fighters have the Templar cross. A cool quote from the book

(Chaplain Grimaldus is narrating) "The records of every pilot and officer among the Imperial 5082nd Skyborne. These, I skip past. If they wear the Templar cross with permission of a marshal, then there is little need to review their acts of valor. It is already clear."

I would go for the second one. Maybe with a bit of urban cam on the armour.

As others have written, victoria miniatures do heads in the US or anvil industry also does some. Best thing is to check out a webstore like element games as they will have a few different manufacturers.

Archived