I'm just going to go with the apoth I think. otherwise you are putting nearly 100pts on survivability for a 200pt unit. in combat ideally you don't want to be charging mass ap2 anyway and in shooting, str8-10 is generally going to be blasts etc that even with a 6++ will cripple most if the unit

Yea I can't deny that man, I wonder how this is treated in a tournament setting? I plan on having my own EC army ready for a tournament later this year and using Fulgrim...of course Fireblade would be a better option for all the Custode armies that have popped up recently, but I wonder if the same players would dispute the use of Fireblade.

After Istvan Fulgrim uses the anathame. Horus gave it to him. When I run Fulgrim, especially vs another primarch, I usually ask whether I can run Fireblade rules on him, counting as the anatheme.

Yea I can't deny that man, I wonder how this is treated in a tournament setting? I plan on having my own EC army ready for a tournament later this year and using Fulgrim...of course Fireblade would be a better option for all the Custode armies that have popped up recently, but I wonder if the same players would dispute the use of Fireblade.

After Istvan Fulgrim uses the anathame. Horus gave it to him. When I run Fulgrim, especially vs another primarch, I usually ask whether I can run Fireblade rules on him, counting as the anatheme.

That's a great point, have you modeled him differently too? What does the Anathame look like? Or is it the corrupted dagger that wounded Horus?

That's a great point, have you modeled him differently too? What does the Anathame look like? Or is it the corrupted dagger that wounded Horus?
Yes.

It is the corrupted dagger that wounded Horus, but it doesn't take the form of a dagger when Horus gives it to Fulgrim. If I remember correctly it takes the form of a scimitar which is convenient for Fulgrim modeling wise.  Can't remember which HH book that happened in but I think it was one of the first three SoH focused books. 

This how the Anathame is described in Fulgrim (p.348):

"Fulgrim saw that the sword was a crude thing, its blade like stone-worked obsidian, a dull grey filled with a glittering sheen like diamond flint. Its hilt was made of gold and was of superior workmanship to the blade, though still primitive in comparison to Fireblade, or eve the silver blade of the Laer."

And this from A Thousand Sons (p.344): 

"Magnus opened his eyes to see sparks flying as stone chipped stone, and primitive smithing tools shaped a blade of napped flint. He saw the sword take shape, the workmanship little better than that of the pre-Neanderthal civilisations of Old Earth. Yet this was no human artifice, and this craftsmanship was sophisticated and undoubtedly alien. The proportions of the blade and grip were subtly wrong, the hands that fashioned them blue black and downy with a fine comb of russet hair.
Nor was this a normal blade, it was sentient. The word didn’t fit, but it was the most appropriate one Magnus could find. It was forged by alien metallurgists in ways too inhuman to be understood, imbued with the power of the fates.
It was a nemesis weapon, crafted to slay without mercy. 
Magnus recoiled from the blade, horrified that an intelligent race would dare craft such a dreadful tool of destruction. What reason could there be to bring such a vile thing into being?"

398bf9fd3bdcddc81abe953e4011cf8f.jpg

Erebus with the Anathame.

If we actually had rules for Fulgrim wielding the Anathame that would be fantastic... he would wipe the floor with the other Primarchs :P

Well, I took the dive and started my Emperor's Children army.  To start it off I got Eidolon and two max units of Kakophoni since I reeeeally like the way they behave.  This is going to be a full blown traitor army.  Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should start next?  I primarily plan on running the 3rd company elite.  I understand that 8th might change some things, but I am curious to your guys' input.   

Well, I took the dive and started my Emperor's Children army. To start it off I got Eidolon and two max units of Kakophoni since I reeeeally like the way they behave. This is going to be a full blown traitor army. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should start next? I primarily plan on running the 3rd company elite. I understand that 8th might change some things, but I am curious to your guys' input.

Why not buy Eidalon some friends?

Fifteen Assault Marines in MKIV Armour.

Look ace and kick ass.

Oh, and welcome to perfection, brother. B)

Edited by Gorgoff

Well, I took the dive and started my Emperor's Children army. To start it off I got Eidolon and two max units of Kakophoni since I reeeeally like the way they behave. This is going to be a full blown traitor army. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should start next? I primarily plan on running the 3rd company elite. I understand that 8th might change some things, but I am curious to your guys' input.

Look ace and kick ass.

Oh, and welcome to perfection, brother. :cool.:

Oh wow I completely forgot about assault squads!  In my local meta I don't think I have seen them fielded EVER in 30k or 40k for that matter.  I think I can get a hold of some Mk IV marines and use some Maxmini jump packs since FW doesn't sell them separately.  

Look ace and kick ass.

Oh wow I completely forgot about assault squads!  In my local meta I don't think I have seen them fielded EVER in 30k or 40k for that matter.  I think I can get a hold of some Mk IV marines and use some Maxmini jump packs since FW doesn't sell them separately.  

probably not very competitive at 2000pts, but i think it could be fun: eidolon & command with jump packs, 15 assault with 3 powerswords, shriekers and combat shields, 2x Kakaphonie, 2x Cortus, 3x apothecary. is what i am working towards.

Look ace and kick ass.

probably not very competitive at 2000pts, but i think it could be fun: eidolon & command with jump packs, 15 assault with 3 powerswords, shriekers and combat shields, 2x Kakaphonie, 2x Cortus, 3x apothecary. is what i am working towards.

Definitely.  I don't exactly imagine them to be hyper-competitive, I think they will do okay and provide for a fun game which is all I am looking for.  The people around me primarily play stuff like World Eaters and Alpha Legion, so no having to worry about stuff like The Ironfire (since I am the only IW player around too heh heh).  If I want to mix it up I suppose I can always proxy a bit and bring in my Iron Warriors Spartan.  I am sure people will understand since it will be a relatively new Legion.  

• 3 weeks later...

S'up 3rd Nerds

3rd company elite in ZM... Anyone used it?

I'm thinking it's handy to have it so you can take 1 unit of kophs to set up in a fireing Lane

Phoenix termies for choppy

Eidolon with them

Melta unit to take down dreads

Thoughts?

S'up 3rd Nerds

I'm thinking it's handy to have it so you can take 1 unit of kophs to set up in a fireing Lane

Eidolon with them

Thoughts?

Pretty expansive I would say.

S'up 3rd Nerds

Eidolon with them

Thoughts?

i don't know how big your ZM games are. But Eidolon (no jump pack) + no shrieker phoenix + 2 full kakophonie is already 1000pts if you tool up the orchestrators. or shriekers and less tools for the orchestrators.

Vets are always useful, but also quite expensive. I mean, sure you add a full tooled up combi-vets squad to go to 1250pts.

but yeah, why not, it is beautiful!

Edited by okonomiyakimarine

list is 1k...

eidolon

5 x phoenix ss

5 x combi vets

10 x kakoph

(zm is only 1 compulsory troop...)

however i might just run a delegtus to get an extra squad in like so:

Delegatus

5 x vets combi melta (for dreads)

5  x phoenix with ss

10 x tacs

5 x kakoph

5 x kakoph

(zm is only 1 compulsory troop...)

So, it looks like Power Swords are on to a good thing with 8th ed.

New40kCCWPowerWeapons.jpg

Personally, I'll be happy to arm some unit Sergeants with Power Swords. Arming every Sergeant with a Power Axe or Phoenix spear never felt right, but AP3 on swords wasn't much chop.

What do you guys think? It definitely looks like there is some real choice between the power weapons now, and swords are a much better fit for the Emperor's Children aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here run a Cerebus? Admittedly the Venator is better for the points I feel, but the Cerebus looks baller so thinking about that instead of the Falchion.

Thoughts? 

Those that use it, does it actually do stuff more regularly than not?

I always likened my venator in my world eaters list as to an abused housewife. Most games it would lead me to despair and frustration at its lack of performance, however, there would be that one golden moment in a blue moon that would keep me hoping and coming back to it

Personally, I'll be happy to arm some unit Sergeants with Power Swords. Arming every Sergeant with a Power Axe or Phoenix spear never felt right, but AP3 on swords wasn't much chop.

What do you guys think? It definitely looks like there is some real choice between the power weapons now, and swords are a much better fit for the Emperor's Children aesthetic.

I think the most recent news are thet HH is going to be 7th ed...for some time at least...so I am afraid this wont translate into EC 30k

I think the most recent news are thet HH is going to be 7th ed...for some time at least...so I am afraid this wont translate into EC 30k
He posted it before Warhammer Fest. ;)

That's why he couldn't know that we stay in 7th until we get our own edition.

I wondern when that will be.

After coming 5th at the Warhammer Fest GT.... with Rhinos, Kakophoni and Tactical Squads.

I feel I need a bit of "cheese" "OP" "Broken" "Waac"...

My solution to this was to add a Forgelord to a Spartan, with Fulgrim, Terminators (all chainfists), Chaplain and an Apothecary. 

Two questions:

Can EC take a forgelord?

Is it too filthy to give him Rad Grenades to make your opponents -1T for the first round, with re-rolling to hits and Fulgrim in there with Child of Terra WT (so wounding on 2's re-rolling 1's all at AP2... with FNP for giggles)

Edited by GorgeousGoat

Yes, EC can take a Forge Lord. No, I don't think it's cheesy at all - as rad grenades only work in the first round it's just going to make the traditional 'EC being insane in the first round' thing even better. It won't help afterwards against anything that doesn't break (admittedly assuming anything is left).  Against any non-super unit, you were almost guaranteed to wipe them with Fulgrim + Terminators + Chaplain on the charge anyway.

Like any big deathstar, it comes with its own problems, and there are far filthier deathstars out there.

Congrats on that placement! :) 5th is nothing to scoff at! What was your list exactly?

As Marshal Loss said, he's not cheesy. Running a Deathstar gives opponents different ways to defeat you, ie. Spartans are susceptible to being immobilised, chaff units can attempt to kite you for the whole game, etc. This unit will also be over 1500 points. Not particularly efficient.

Thanks for the compliment Caillum. Not bad for a "trash tier" legion as I was informed they were LOL.

My list:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwwZR-6UTQEFdjlsQWZTUGdyUE0

I only lost to the min/max custodes list with the jetbikes with D3 lascannon shots and the custodes characters tank deathstar by 1 dice roll at the end... all this.. with Rhinos!!

My last game was against a Questoris Knights list with a Porphyron (flare shield FTW - making it S8) - I managed to kill 3 knights and 1 with glancing hull points with dubstep marines haha! 

I'd agree about the deathstar not being efficient but the chance to insta-kill custodes now with Rad Grenades is a must, after having endured lots of their T5 pain trains!! 

I just want this deathstar to be a sponge for enemy fire while the other units kill them with a death by a thousand cuts.

Edited by GorgeousGoat