The return of Belthzar's Nightlords host

Psykic_scribe

Thanks for the appreciation guys.

@Lord Haelem:  Chaos are very short of combi-weapons, with the exception of a few Lords and Champions.  The combi-melta above has been "acquired" from a SM Sternguard, with a minor change of decor - he won't miss it (any more) and Night Lords are not too fussy where their weapons come from, as long as the symbols of the corpse-fellow can be erased.

Left-handed plasma pistols are also scarce in Chaos sets too, so one of the SM ones has been used and embellished.

• 2 months later...

The Blooded Hands Company is getting a little more weight with fresh deliveries from the Dark Mechanicus ......

A shiny, new Predator with T/L lascannon and lascannon sponsons:

gallery_23461_1861_738185.jpg

and with the help of some magnets, this can be reconfigured with autocannon and/or heavy bolters:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_503542.jpg

There is also a new Rhino, building this up to a pack of three:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_190848.jpg

The dusting up and decorating (external skins, blood, etc) will need to follow later in this year - no respite at present sad.png

• 1 month later...

Total chaos at my workstation these last few weeks - most of my models are packed away in very large boxes. However, I have managed to keep a little work-in-progress to hand, resulting in three more Night Lord Bikers to join Belthzar's mob.

The first guy likes a lot of throttle and my placing of a log in the way brings this stand-up pose:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_253109.jpg

The second turning pose gave me a lot of difficulty getting the body at a sensible angle - these GW casts are getting dated and really only suit the "head-down crouch over the handlebars" pose.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_1781460.jpg

The third bike carries one of a selection of assault weapons - plasma, melta or flamer, thanks to a few small magnets.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_80770.jpg

Finally, I have resurrected some of old models from many years ago and pushed them on to the new resin bases. These include a chamion with plasma pistol, who will get a meltabomb when/if I can find it.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_334402.jpg

• 6 months later...

Starting an extra "Chosen" talon using the metal Night Lords Hero model (the spymaster) but with replacement batwings and a cloak:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_42608.jpg

The light cruiser “Blade in the Dark” hung in a high orbit with a low energy status, only life support and passive scanners active. This was a comfortable status for the Night Lords, as even their serfs and servitors operated in near dark. What was not comfortable was the waiting and the inactivity.

Belthzar sat immobile in the command chair as he had done for three days. At last, a signal on the console that Tarhir’s shuttle had approached and been cleared to dock and he gave the command “Summon the Court Red Handed”.
The five huge members of the Court arrived on the bridge together about ten minutes later, robed in midnight cloaks but without their terminator armour. Their spokesman, Targon opened another rant before his Captain had said a word. “We have waited and wasted days up here, whilst our prey is ripe and within easy reach. We should be down on the planet shedding the blood of these simpletons, not sitting on our arses, but all this delay is due to that vicious little worm!”

Targon closed his rant with a gurgle as a blade appeared from under his chin, having passed through the back of his neck and jugular. As he sank to the deck, Belthzar rose and spoke softly “Welcome Tarhir. Gentlemen of the Court, true - Tarhir is a vicious little worm, but he is my vicious little worm.”
Belthzar paused “Now you may listen and discover from my spymaster how you are going to destroy the colony’s primary power generators; THEN we will have mayhem in the night”.

My very first attempt at fluff - definitely struggling to name these characters properly. rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Tarhir gathers his spies and infiltrators together for their next assignment:

gallery_23461_1861_87852.jpg

The double-barrelled shotgun on the cultist champion (and the flamer) could be useful in their line of work - and it's C:CSM legal !

• 5 months later...

Now going raptor crazy, as if there were not enough already in this warband. There are some great modelling in these Forge World figures, but the moulds are starting to show their age. I do not (yet) have any space for an airbrush, so my style remains based on brushwork. However ..... here are five raptors from my gallery:

gallery_23461_1861_413151.jpg

gallery_23461_1861_523691.jpg

I will get a photo of the full flying assembly sometime.

Looking Good Scribe! Always loved those models and have been meaning to get a few myself :P.

Wanted to point out that your Bases are really good! I know they are "just rocks" but they look ...like rocks LOL Really well painted rocks thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Night Lords Chosen - Assault Team for W40K: Work in Progress !

This is what happens when taking a long break mid-way through a project: I took 7 photos of these guys without realising that I had not painted any lightning on their armour!

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_1861_775258.jpg

FYI, the claws are from the False Emperor's vanguard vets.

• 2 months later...

Posting up a few new Nightlords and a lot of old ones (most painted some years ago when my skill level was fairly abysmal). However, all the Claws from the Blooded Hands Company are now re-grouped and photo'd, ready to follow Belthzar's whim. My Terror Squad (posted above) is still my favorite, but the First Claw featured here are those in 40K style with lightning claws, followed by the later Claws, where Fifth Claw is the oldest by many years.

First Claw - Chosen (EDIT: correcting to post the later photo, with lightning decor)

gallery_23461_1861_351762.jpg

Second Claw

gallery_23461_1861_605768.jpg

Third Claw

gallery_23461_1861_815649.jpg

Fourth Claw

gallery_23461_1861_437360.jpg

Fifth Claw

gallery_23461_1861_883077.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally completed another Heldrake, with some modifications to change the angle of attack, build a new neck and put the claws on ball joints to reach down.

gallery_23461_1861_208473.jpg

More photos are in the WIP blog "Stormcloud Attack".

Here are the pair of Heldrakes for the Terror Pack:

gallery_23461_1861_1663309.jpg

Well done Scribe! You've knocked out 2 Drakes and i still need to finish my one LOL!

I like that you added the adjustments to the second Drake. The kit, imo, is very "stuck" in one position and would look kinda look silly if you have 2-3 in a pack all looking that say! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here they all are assembled - The 56th Company - The Blooded Hands

- Commanded by Belthzar

The metal batwing raptors were built somewhere around 2004 or 2005, and the earliest claws are from about 2006. The later models are warp talons, helbrutes, heldrakes and some Forgeworld as terror squads and raptors.

gallery_23461_1861_285341.jpg

It's not very often that they all hit the table (and certainly not for gaming purposes) !

Archived