+ Troops + (520pts)

* Legion Tactical Squad (260pts)

20 Men, Legion Vexilla

* Legion Tactical Squad (260pts)

20 Men, Legion Vexilla

+ Elites + (620pts)

* Apothecarion Detachment (90pts)

2 Apothecaries

* Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (195pts)

Extra Armour, Two Twin-linked Lascannons

* Legion Terminator Squad (365pts)

9 Men, 2x Chainfist, Reaper Autocannon, Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Lightning Claw

+ Fast Attack + (529pts)

* Reaver Attack Squad (299pts)

10 Men, Artificer Armour, 9x Chainaxe, Hand Flamer, Power Fist, Jump Packs

*Storm Eagle (230pts)

Armoured Ceramite

+ Heavy Support + (570pts)

* Legion Sicarian Battle Tank (195pts)

Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons

* Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (125pts)

Extra Armour

* Sicarian Venator Tank Destroyer (250pts)

+ Legion +

* Legion Astartes

XVI: Sons of Horus

How's that?

Now, that to me, looks good.

That being said, don't be afraid of throwing ABSOLUTE EFFICIENCY!!!!! RAAGGHH!! out the window in favor of fluffyness. 

Though I'd leave lists like those to non-primary Legions.

Ie:

•My Imperial Fists 3k list (and lower) are as efficient as I could possibly make them. But I did plan out a uber Fluffy Zone Mortalis List that made extensive use of Breachers and Phalanx warders.

•My World Eaters 3k list is a Clown Cars that have 3 Spartans and no Anti-Air .

•My Raven Guard 2.5k Is cheesy as hell but only has 41 infantry models in the list. (rather low for HH games)

Awesome! I'll change the order for the Contemptor weapons in the morning. Looking forward to eventually playing this list haha.

I'm not afraid to play fluffy lists :) like your RG one sounds really fun, I just don't want to build all those aircraft haha. Im looking forward to WS, might do a Jetbike list then.

Casually building SoH at quarter past 5 in the morning haha

Just rang FW about changing those Contemtor arms I ordered for the las cannon ones, they said my order is in picking so he might not be able to change jt but he'll let me know, I'm gonna magnatise It anyway so it's not a huge deal either way. Forge World customer service is pretty damn good in my experience.

Wow, this moved at pace over night!

I think Slipstreams has helped you to deal with a lot of the issues in the list, and it looks a lot more solid now. I have a few other things you could consider, but these are by no means needed.

1. I think that you can't fire the venator's main gun and the lascannon sponsons at the same time (maybe its just while moving, I forget) due to it being ordnance. I wouldn't pay for them even if you model them.

2. Probably add melta bombs to your tactical sargs. You can spare 10 points for that tiny flexibility.

3. Not sure about the cost-effectiveness, but the Reavers all benefit from precision shots. A couple of plasma guns in there could make them a touch more flexible and lead to some funny sniping moments...

4. Transporting the terminators - so you have a storm eagle. This is beautiful, and gives you more fire power etc. but i'm not sure how effective it is as an assault transport. It could work fine, but its no spartan. Two other non-spartan options to consider (not necessarily to take) are a caestus and Abbaddon. The former is more likely to get you there than a storm eagle, as it is better protected. Abbaddon lets you deepstrike a terminator unit. Swapping him for your MoS wouldn't be a big deal, and lets you teleport your terminators in. You MIGHT even be able to squeeze in your second comtemptor this way...

5. Leion trait. Remember your legion trait when arming your terminators. Get a good mix of strikes at initiative weapons in there (Lightning claws could be good) as well as the required low AP weapons if you want to exploit some extra attacks.

Just food for thought. I think this looks like a fun, thematic and reasonable competitive list. Good luck!

Kor'Vesh

Thanks for the tips there :) I think I'll keep the list as it is and duplicate it in battlescribe to make some of those changes. I really like the Caestus model so I might try fit that in instead of the Storm Eagle. That said I also really like Abbaddon, and deep striking I'm guessing is a pretty reliable method too... I'll try a list with each.

And thanks for the other little tips too, I'll try vary the Termie weapons a bit :)

FW did change my Contemtor arms too :)

So I tried making a second list, with Abaddon as the delivery system:

+++ Sons of Horus 2 (2499pts) +++

+ HQ + (475pts)

* Ezekyle Abaddon (215pts)

Power Sword

* Legion Centurion (130pts)

Chainfist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Primus Medicae

* Legion Centurion (130pts)

Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, Refractor Field, Master of Signal

+ Troops + (530pts)

* Legion Tactical Squad (265pts)

20 Men, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs

* Legion Tactical Squad (265pts)

20 Men, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs

+ Elites + (670pts)

* Apothecarion Detachment (90pts)

2 Apothecaries

* Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (195pts)

Extra Armour, Two Twin-linked Lascannons

* Legion Terminator Command Squad (380pts)

Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, Lightning Claw, 2x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon

* Legion Terminator Sergeant

Lightning Claw

+ Fast Attack + (299pts)

* Reaver Attack Squad (299pts)

10 Men, Artificer Armour, 9x Chainaxe, Hand Flamer, Jump Packs, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support + (530pts)

* Legion Sicarian Battle Tank (195pts)

* Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (125pts)

Extra Armour

* Sicarian Venator Tank Destroyer (210pts)

Armoured Ceramite

+ Legion +

* Legion Astartes

XVI: Sons of Horus

As I was reading this and you guys were talking about how to deliver the Terminators Abaddon instantly popped into my head and then you go and figure it out yourself lol! With the Termies I would drop a power or chain fist and swap for a power sword or mace to get a bit more out of the SoH rules :) 

They have a rule that says if they outnumber an enemy they get extra attacks from weapons that aren't Unwieldy (words to that effect, sure someone can give a better wording!). It is pretty situational but can be a nasty surprise for opponents - you could pick up the smaller heresy rulebooks for more details :) 

That's pretty cool. Abaddon is a fantastic model, and the SoH Contemptor is a work of art imo. The style of the SoH from FW, the armour and everything, is just awesome. Really unique.

Archived