Truescale Deathwatch. 20/10 Big Update

Justoneguy

Hi.

After some years away from the hobby now i have some time to sculpt.

Due my lack of materials and money, i decided go for a small truescale force, since i had some terminators sprues form the past. I won't play much, so Deathwatch is a valid option since my fiends don't care is not "legal" for normal games.

Here's my first try at truescaling. It's a basic marine, nothing too specific, just trying some things.

Hope you like it. Cheers

Zd9WB6.png

5eSt5I.jpg

RHJ4q0.jpg

Commisar Molotov: You're right. Strom bolter arm for the right and storm shield for the left.

BrotherCaptainArkham: I used GS, Tamiya Putty and for the bases DAS, it's a paper mass, once dry you break it for the rock effect.

Here is the second one. The base is not finished yet, and I think he's kind of falling backwards, so i'll fix that. Obviously it needs some more sanding and some details. I put the other for comparison and to show his new visor thingy. It's an Iron Hands marine:

U0RYtc.jpg

And here's a preview of the normal arms enlargement i mentioned before. The shoulder pads and weapon are only for showing:

7s9t75.jpg

Hi.

So, I've been organaziing my bits and I have for two complete squads of 5. I'll make them both full sternguards, no vanguards for now. Due to the lack of legs I started to sculpt a chaplain from scratch. And mi intention is to make a libby and a captain too at some point. Pics soon.

Here is what i've done so far of he chaplain:

WkiPJn.jpg

He'll have a thunder hammer/crozius and probably a storm shield (will count as Rosarius), i know it's not an option so i'll put a combi in a strap too.

I'm still working on the first 5 member squad. But i've been very busy with this guy. I'm seriously thinking about doing a Dreadnought, we'll see.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here's a big update. First of all the chaplains is finished, i just need to make the seals for the shield:

UCZUE3.png

I was looking for something like a relic for the backpack, and the mandatory combi weapon for a deathwatch:

69osBc.png

The first squad at the moment. It's still WIP:

17t1r7.png

And an Crimson fists Dread. I tried to make some bigger HB, let me know what you think please:

vo4XI1.jpg

The new weapon, just need some sanding and details.I call it the Rynn Pattern:

7JpyhI.png

Hope you like it!

Wow, incredible work- thank you for sharing.

Could we see some pictures with them standing next yo "vanilla" marines for comparison?

What is the yellow product you are sculpting with?

Archived