Serpentis Crusade

Psykic_scribe

++++ BREAKING NEWS ++++

SERPENTIS CRUSADE LAUNCHED !

Squad Horatius was despatched to the Serpentis system following rumours of unusual events and manifestations in the Serpentis system. Their latest report confirms that there are significant psychic manifestations in-system but the cause remains unexplained. The scale of events is system wide and a large force will be required to cleanse the xenos or witch-craft invasion.

PHOTO: Squad Horatius in action on Serpentis II.

gallery_23461_6132_221225.jpg

High Marshal Helbrecht has assigned Marshal Orion to lead a new crusade, the SERPENTIS CRUSADE, to follow up the reconnaissance and cleanse the system without prejudice.

NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR !

+++++++++

Design of the Crusade banner and badge is in progress during the transit of the warp and will be published in the Eternal Crusade when returning to real space on the approach to the Sepentis system.

+++++++++

Welcome to the Eternal Crusade brother! You have definitely marshaled a mighty force worthy of your chapter.

May it bring forth the Emperor's light in a blaze of righteous wrath. Let nothing withstand the intensity of your ZEAL!

@Theodore - All the forces mustered for the Serpentis Crusade are featured in my B&C Gallery - you are welcome to follow the link in my footer.

FYI - Not all these will make planet-fall however - there are a too many chaplains and castellans to avoid confusion in the line of command (and to keep the force gaming-legal :smile.:  ).

@Marshal_Roujakis - a Crusade badge would be fantastic.  My banner will take me several weeks to paint up - only the cloth in rolled-out GS and mounted on it's staff exists at the moment, plus a bit of research from DeviantArt for ideas.

Now for an open question - anyone have some good ideas for naming a BT battle barge?  The plan is to disclose it's identity when emerging from the warp and arriving in-system.  

Mine is Sword of Retribution so that's taken :teehee:

Usually Battle Barges name's comes from a planet where it was built or a person that is important in the Crusade.

Sword of Retribution is what I used because that is the name of the Black Sword given to my Crusade.

You could have:

• Dorn's Glory
  • Spear of Terra
  • Sigismund's Revenge
  • Sword of Truth
  • Light of Jerulas
  • Wrath of the Righteous
  • Glorious Crusader

That's all I got without copyrighting anyone :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

This crusade is still in the warp, but the name of the BT battle barge transiting to the Serpentis system is the "Glorious Retribution". Background is that this is an ancient vessel of Imperial Fists provenance before the heresy, and despite the careful administrations of the Adeptus Mechanicus - somewhat erratic in reliability.

{ @Marshal_Roujakis and AndrewChristlieb - thanks for putting me on the right track for the naming }

Meanwhile (and yet to be revealed to the world at large) the concept for the Serpentis Crusade banner is beginning to form.

Early WiP image follows, waiting on more blending before details:

gallery_23461_6457_139883.jpg

Edited by Psykic_scribe

++++ CRUSADE NEWS UPDATE ++++

The Black Templar Crusade to the Serpentis system, led by Marshal Orion is making final preparations for arrival.

The Crusade Banner has been completed and presented to the Marshal at a ceremony on board the Glorious Retribution yesterday.

NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR.

++++

gallery_23461_6132_460185.jpg

• 3 months later...

++++ CRUSADE NEWS UPDATE ++++

Preparations have been completed on the Battle Barge Glorious Retribution for an additional Predator in Destructor configuration, with autocannon, heavy bolters and a bocage-type blade. The Predator has not yet been named, but carries a banner of "No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear" so that any literate xenos are properly informed of their doom.

+++++ SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE ++++

I have doubled up the front glacis plate on this tank and may yet return with extra armour on the sides and turret; still thinking about the final design. The Pred is in pristine condition on board the GR, but some weathering and damage may arrive as the campaign progresses.

gallery_23461_6132_122213.jpg

The main weapon (LC / AC ) is magnetised (as in my wip post), the side sponsons are magnetised for LCs or H/bolters, or just doors. The Annihilator version is being posted for the Crusade of Wrath.

There is also a lid to take it back to standard Rhino configuration. In addition - there is an Interior ! Not very realistic against a 20th Century tank interior, but it features an Initiate gunner/loader, extra generators and a rack of autocannon ammunition.

gallery_23461_6132_158817.jpg

This crusade must get started planet-side soon - scenario identified, but scheduling needed.

Edited by Psykic_scribe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Reinforcements have arrived and transferred to the Glorious Retribution, comprising the Honour Guard for Marshal Orion and a Sword Brother Vanguard squad.

( The HG and a Chaplain have been entered in the ETL but the Vanguard are not eligible as their magnetised torsos/legs means that they are not a fully separate unit. )

Featuring the Honour Guard:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_113051.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_83896.jpg

and 10 Sword Brethren Vanguard with Jump Packs - five with Lightning Claws and five with Power Axe, Power Sword and Plasma pistol:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_43113.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_149825.jpg

A have gone magnet-crazy and the second group of five carry weapon swops, to bring in a Power Fist and a Leading Sword Brother with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. The latter is a vanguard item improved with a BT flavour.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_84310.jpg

No excuses left now. This Crusade must get around to planet fall.

• 3 weeks later...

Taking up the Tank Hunter / Monster Hunter option from the new codex, the Predator squadron has now been expanded to three. Here is the latest Predator Annihilator, complete with magnetised weapon swops to a Destructor.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_100385.jpg

and the right hand side:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_233264.jpg

Next step is for a Techmarine team to keep these on the road.... Edited by Psykic_scribe

Now that my contributions to ETL IV are at an end, I have returned to the previous Predator to complete the extra armour upgrade - four plasticard shapes held in place by two pairs of 0.5mm magnets each. These 2mm x 0.5 mm N52 magnets are so small that they can look like studs or axle extensions on the main body.

Anyway, this bad boy is designed to cause mayhem in the opening round(s) and take whatever punishment returns, whilst the scoring or critical units and Crusader Squads get into position. Hope this strategy works.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_33486.jpg

• 2 months later...

Taking the armoured strength one step further, I now have enough materiel to take an Armoured Task Force of three Predators supported by a Techmarine and four servitors. The left shoulder pad for the Techie shows his status as a BT Initiate, but with a borde r to reflect his secondment from the Templars to the Mechanicus for his training. This Techie has a full servoharness with plasma cutters, and the bolter can be exchanged for a storm bolter or auspex.

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_1137076.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_775761.jpg

I just dropped in to say this: nice progress with the tank formation and a lovely techmarine.

EDIT: Yeah, because "lovely" suits super-human, biologically and bionically enhanced zealous killers... But I hope you catch my drift :)

Edited by Brother Cristopher

Well, just to put on a show, I could legimately include a Vindicator.  I doubt that a single Vindi would be included efficiently within the Armoured formation for gaming purposes?

The other armour piece is a Hunter/Stalker (both weapons but only a single chassis at present) and I have an order for another in the post, but these two would be for an Anti-Air Defence Force (borrowing a Rhino/Razorback chassis to make three).