WIP vehicles

The Chimera looks good - well used. Maybe go a little less on the raider or the Mechanicum may get a little annoyed at the disrespect to the machine spirit. ;)

Are you going to muddy them up too?

Looks good to me, shows the workhorse that a chimera is.

And of course 'they' take better care of a landraider, fluff-wise they arent that much around anyway (at least, IMHO).

I wouldnt muddy it up though, it's good as it is.

Yeah, that's a good weathering up of that Chimera - looks like it has earned a place in the Inquisition. The Land Raider would look great with the same weathering, though fluff reasons aside I'd probably make it a bit less so. Maybe just concentrate on the edges so there's still large blocks of colour to help it stand out like the centre piece it should be, especially with such a good colour scheme :)

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to go really soft on the land raider. The majority of weathering being on the assault ramp. My bases are an urban/snow theme so I don't think I'll be doing much mud. If I were to add packed in snow to the tracks it might make them look like christmas haha.

• 2 months later...
That is amazing! Agree on the general consensus that the chimera should be more weathered. But when that is said I think the weathering looks ultra realistic, and you HAVE to tell how you did it because I wanna do it to my vehicles too ;) looks awesome! Can't say it enough!

I like them. Reminds me of an old Ford truck that I used for 18 years on my farm. I loved that thing. Nothing compared to a thousands year old Land Raider though, lol.

That is amazing! Agree on the general consensus that the chimera should be more weathered. But when that is said I think the weathering looks ultra realistic, and you HAVE to tell how you did it because I wanna do it to my vehicles too msn-wink.gif looks awesome! Can't say it enough!

Thanks for the replies. The weathering was done with black and brown craft paint with a piece of pick and pluck foam. After that just a tiny bit of leadbelcher on the heavy wear areas. On the rhinos I used some typhus corrosion on the bottom edges and in and around the tracks. I'm probably going to get some more rhinos. I was thinking about a taurox for my MT, but they already deep strike. Inquisition is my main ground force. Im also looking into a wyvern to fill some gaps. Plus its a cool model.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing Pathatrick. Awesome sauce colour scheme and the interior red is amazing.

Damn it you've made me want to strip and repaint one of my non-Deathwing Crusaders :rolleyes:

Cheers

I

Archived