This will be a blog or whatever we call it these days, for my upcoming army. At the moment I don't own that many models, but as the months go by, I'll add more to my collection and hopefully it will be complete before this year ends.
What I need to paint is (well this could change as my list might change over the time):
- 23 Militarum Scions (with exchanged torso, don't like the medieval armour...)
- 25 Cadian Veterans (head swap, don't like the huge helmet...)
- 1 Inquisitor (made from mostly Tempestus parts)
- 1 Vulture (converted into a helicopter, from a Stormtalon kit)
- 1 Vendetta (converted into a helicopter)
- 3 Tauros (not sure if I will do a head swap yet)
- 3 Tauros Venators (same thing here as above)
- 4 Assassins, one of each.
As of now I have completed a test unit. I am a speed painter, and I have very little patience... So usually my squads get speed painted, and the individuals "might" get some extra time.
I kept the color scheme simple and with easy methods.
Basically I spray it with two sprays. A space wolves greyish color, and then followed by a white spray from above to give some "light source" effect. Not that it shows at all... But it adds a gritty look on the models.
Then its all up to the Darkenhof Nightshade shade. That color takes care of most of the job for me. Shades and fine tuning of the armour tint. Add some black on the fatigue, and then follow up with details.
A squad of 5 is done is approximately 2-3 hours (not counting the time for the spray to dry though).
Anyhow enough talking...
I saw now that I have taken the picture from a to low angle. The base is not really shown. The flat areas are cracked earth made from GWs technical paint set.
Edited by Vash, 21 January 2015 - 06:28 PM.