I think statistically two Knights duking it out will probably end that way, but it's fitting as epic models deserve epic showdowns! Sounds like it was a pretty good game once the bad luck faded, but it's not cool to change a list like that. Hopefully next time your luck is better and we get some glorious pictures too ;)

Yah. The two Knights avoided each other as long as possible but in the end we both had to make the choice. If one of the Knights would live, that player would have a huge advantage. And he needed it more than me.

Looked kinda funny with them walking in circles to avoid each other.

Well. All the games me and my new gamer friend have had so far has ended up with me winning pretty big. So I have nothing against it. This time

Next time I'll get some pictures. I really like to document the few battles I get these days.

Glad you had fun and enjoyed the game. Would you change anything for next time?

Well next time I'll use my intended list and not just what I have

I did learn how to use the assassins better. Or rather what not to do. I relied to much on Culexus ability of lowering the enemies stats to 1 when shooting and fighting.

I forgot about blast weapons... He did score a hit so there was nothing I could do there.

Also, I need to be less careful with Calidus. I could have placed her right next to two units of cultists and if I had done that I would have probably taken out enough models to claim a objective mission card worth 1d3 points.

Why I regret my careful deployment is because I ended up walking to that very same location in my turn. Well I tried to but the 6" move wasn't enough.

Focus fire. Nothing new really. But I forgot it during the game. I spread out my anti tank shots to much.

Sounds like a very enjoyable game!

I love that the two Knights took each other out, and I can picture that lone plasma scion getting commed and ordered to grab an objective, sprinting right past the Obliterator.

That man deserves a medal.

Hehe. Funny thing is. He ended up killing that last oblibirator to.

He and the meltsgun scion units sergeant deserve some kind of medal.

That objective secure rule really is good. Without it I wouldn't be able to have claimed that objective.

All in all I really like this setup I have with AM. I was playing in all the sectors of the table (I divide the table into 2' x 2'). Having units in all these sectors helped a lot with the objective markers and pushing the enemy in a strange way.

But I think I have to focus more on one flank with my reserves in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Had another pictureless game today. 

Was a fight versus Blood Angels.

I'll just pull out some high lights. 

TURN 1 AM

What I had that started on the table was scattered along my deployment. To secure as many objective markers as possible (Maelstrom missions). 

I only had Callidus with me, and she took out 2 bikers and a wound on a priest. 

The command squads snipers took out another bike. 

My Imperial Knight took out a Razorback with his warlord (librarian) and killed 3 guys in it. 

So I score first blood and scored 2 objective points (kill character, and one objective marker) + 1 first blood. 

TURN 1 BA

Two drop pods arrived. Both with dreads (one death company version). 

He killed one lascannon sentinel, and 3 members of my Tempestus command squad. 

His bikes took revenge on their fallen brothers and barely took down Callidus. 

He grabbed one objective. 

TURN 2 AM

Everything I had in reserve arrived. 2 melta scions units, Valkyrie with plasma scions + inquisitor with dual plasma pistols, and an Avenger. 

First scions unit dropped into the centre of his deployment. Nothing was there except for one thing, an objective. No secret what I got as a mission card there. 

Other scion unit scattered a bit but was still in range of their target, a Baal tank. 

Valkyrie unloaded its shots into the bike squad, and took out one bike. 

Plasma sentinels took out another one or two. 

Knight shot down 5 marines in to separate units, and then charged and killed on dread. 

Veterans killed an attack bike.

And here is the kicker... The scions who dropped behind the Baal. Two melta hits. Scored 2 hull points on it... Threw my grenade, no joy, sergeant shot it with his bolt pistol, hit... and then... rolled a 6 and caused another hull point. It got wrecked!

Thats just insane... again the very same sergeant saves the day (last time a defiler fell to his bolt pistol). 

I secured 2 objective points here I think

TURN 2 BA

No reserves came in, my officer of the fleet made that happen!

He started charging my Knight with death company jump infantry and dread. Took out 4 hull points.

And I took out his dread and 5 marines

His bikes could go for the scions that killed his Baal or go for the sentinels. He went for the sentinels. But everything he tried failed :(

He got 2 objectives here. 

TURN 3 AM

Scions that took out the Baal went after the bikes. Meltaguns, one hit, rest of the unit did nothing. All I had left against one priest was my sergeant with his bolt pistol. He shoots, he hits, he wounds, priest fails save and his feel no pain... !!! Wot wot woot? Now that sergeant is going bananas. 

Knight kills the rest of the Death company assault marines. 

And basically from here it starts to look very grim for the BA side. 

I took 3 objective points here. 

TURN 3 BA

Last chance. He had to take out the Knights last two hull points. He could the win one side of the table while I dominated the other. 

With all he had, he succeeded with only one hull point into the Knight. 

he did take out a huge amount of veterans this turn. 

Took another 1 or 2 objectives. 

And from here we ended the game. Our wives were done shopping, and wanted us to join them eating in the city. But he basically forfeited from this point. We both saw what would happen. I would kill most parts of his remaining forces, and I would have grabbed 2 more objectives (we checked what I would have gotten), one was worth a D3. 

AFTERMATH

It was a very uneven battle mainly to my opponents bad luck on his dice rolls. It was also his first go with BA and also his first game in 7th edition. 

But we both had a great time, and we both learned a lot from the game. 

What I have come to a conclusion is that I might not need my 3 lascannon sentinels. They did nothing in this game (proxy models), and I felt I could deal with the armour threat with what I had otherwise. What did perform well was my plasma cannon sentinels. So I am leaning towards on getting 3 more plasma cannons instead of the lascannons. 

I already have 2 melta scions units, an Avenger and either the Knight or Vindicare as anti tank. And of course... not to forget the sergeants bolt pistol...

Well done, you started off strong for the first turns and it was a set back your opponent had increasingly little chance to recover from! That sergeant is no doubt blessed by the Emperor, such a hero of the Imperium surely needs some recognition! Perhaps a nice purity seal on his bolt pistol at the least?

Ha ha, a small adjustment on the model is in order yes. I'll look for a small purity seal for that dreaded bolt pistol for sure. 

Yah, the opening turns for me were devastating for my opponent. But as said, his first game with the new BA, and he has realised a lot since that game. 

To give my opponent a fair share of fame, if his rolls weren't so bad, he could have taken the right flank with ease and down my Knight. 

Well done to the Sgt! Promotion to dizzy heights of Lt surely?

Sounds a good game though and gives some interesting ideas for future lists for myself.

I tried to promote him, but he insisted to be in the front lines and not having other men giving up their lives for his. Leading from the front and so on :)

We did have another game two days later. My friend tried a different approach, total annihilation. It went pretty well for him and his improved list. But... my imperial Knight was a problem. To take dominans in close combat he had to take it out, but... with my unbelievable luck, I passed 9 out of 10 4++ saves. I was down to 5 hull points when we decided to end the game. 

At one point I was totally surrounded (all meltas within melta range). 

- 2 meltas in my back 

- One on my side

- Librarian with S8 lance/beam witchfire power

- Multi-melta up front

- Sicaran battle tank in my front.

There was way to much for my Knight to handle, and I only had 2 hull points left. I was in the open...

He starts off with his beam power... needs 2 warp charges to succeed. He succeeds! and I have 3 dices to try to cancel it... and I succeed... what are the chances? Rolling two 6's. 

Anyhow... moving on. I decided after a long while to protect my back. Two meltas was my main concern. 

He shots with them, I shield them...

He shots with the one on the side, it misses. 

Multi melta from the front, is pens! and he rolls a 5, meaning +2 and it give an explode result. I suffer now a D3 hull points. He rolls 1... 

He still has his Sicaran battle tank. But... with all its fire power it either missed or didn't have enough to glance or pen with his rolls. 

This was in turn 2, and the knight could now feast on the units around him. 

But anyhow, I am no considering to build a Militarum Tempestus army with support from only the Inquisition (inquisitor and 9 henchmen in a Land raider). Happy with my results with them. 

What other bitz did you use besides the cadian torso's it seems mostly MT bitz? Great look

Yes its basically only the radian torso I used. That is the only part I didn't really want on my scions. 

Thanks for commenting :)

Sorry to blow up the thread with questions but I have 2 more...

On your command squad where did the coat come from?

And the other mini the MT scion prime I think you said he's an inquisitor? I can't tell from the pose but how does the coat fit on his torso? Is he using a cadian torso or the MT torso...thanks great work

Sounds like a better rematch and a bit closer. how did the sgt do in this one?

Inquisition are a nice addition to the force. What are you planning on running?

Well my plan is to use one of the MT formations. Using the aircav version is my real "dream" but game vice its really unbalanced against take on all comers lists. 4 Flyers might prove difficult for most armies. 

So I went down the path with the ground assault version. 

What I have so far in my list (to be edited and adjusted) is 6 Taurox prime and 1 Landraider with an inquisitor and his crew. 

Two of each Taurox prime setups. 4 Of them of course in the formation and 2 additional in the MT detachment. 

The MT detachment is pretty much a drop detachment. Meltaguns on all 3 units. 

The previous game was much more even, and we actually made a misstake... My Knight was suppose to be destroyed. Explode result inflicts 1D3 (and the normal 1 hull point inflicted). 

I just skimmed the rule book and saw "1D3"... If I had read the whole paragraph I would have seen the one normal one too...

Somehitn I would wish that GW consider when writing rules... make it simple to read. Because we don't always have time to read a whole paragraph...

My sergeant this time... well he didn't go on a killing spree this time. He secured ever so important objectives instead. Hunted down Multi-melta bikes with his team. Oh wait he did cause a Rhino to explode and pinn the unit inside. Well not him... it was a team effort I guess. 

Sorry to blow up the thread with questions but I have 2 more...

On your command squad where did the coat come from?

And the other mini the MT scion prime I think you said he's an inquisitor? I can't tell from the pose but how does the coat fit on his torso? Is he using a cadian torso or the MT torso...thanks great work

No worries, this thread is actually about the miniatures :D

The coat is from the Cadian command squad. 

And the inquisitor has a radian torso, from the Cadian command box. The radian torsos are a bit smaller, and can move around a little inside the scion coat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not using my Space Hulk game as much as I wanted to. Had it since it came out last time... Played through the game twice and thats it basically. Really nice miniatures in that box and its a shame that I can't use them in some way. Well now I can :D

The Inquisitor adds some interesting aspects. Possibility for a Land Raider (not that AM needs one). Close combat prowess and so on. Also, fluff vice it can solve a lot of combined detachment ideas. 

Great work as always vash. How did you achieve that rusted look?

Thanks!

The rusted/weathered look is from Forge Worlds weathering powders. Great stuff if you know how to use them correctly... which I don't :)

Well your suppose to mix it with some fluid to get a really gritty and dirty look. Can be used as I have done too, but the results are less impressive then. 

But getting that fluid to mix with the powder you need to know the right mixture and how to apply it. And thats something I have failed big time with. 

Archived