++Inspirational Friday 10/10/2014++

Hi everyone

Today Inspirational Friday challenge will be - Can you build & paint a single Chaos infantry model for next Friday? Write down a note on how you painted the model?

If you can.

- This can be a good chance to get any test models painted for Call of Chaos, before you make your oaths on the unit you want to enter.

Note: If the models is going to be part of your Call of Chaos oaths. Wait until Wednesday to paint the model. when Call of Chaos official start.

- Maybe you want to make convert & paint a one off model after reading a Black Library novel or background from a codex or white dwarf.

- There might be a model you've been meaning to add to the army, a unit who might need a extra model or a different weapon type.

You've got from now until Friday 17th October to build & paint a single Chaos infantry model. Main thing to have fun & see some cool models led up to Call of Chaos. It always good to have a note on the painted you used & it help out other members as well biggrin.png

I will be getting a Breacher Iron Warriors built & painted for a new unit I need for a event in two weeks time.

Also last week Inspirational champion was - Loesh on Chaos Vehicle, which you can check out here:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297548-inspirational-friday-03102014/?p=3825597

IP

Aw, not a fluff challenge? Sad panda, bro.

Ah well, always next week.

Tenebris is currently battle Nurgle right now & is unwell. I've offer to do this week Inspirational Friday help out & went for Models just with Call of Chaos next week. Allows memeber to get some test painting done or just general always cool to see great models biggrin.png Past Inspitational topic from Brother Nihm saw background, models, banner, talk of battles where your Champion was doing really well, only for the power of chaos to be fickle that the last moment in there hour of Glory & about our HQ's, what made them stand out in our Warbands/armies.

Tenebris will have a great background topic sorted for next week - Inspirational Friday once he feeling better biggrin.png

Nice! I might try to finish my mk III plasma dude for then! smile.png

Which Legion or warband are you painting the model? biggrin.png

Congratulations, Loesh.

I'll hold off on my CoC units, but I might be able to finish a cultist in time.

That would be really cool to see. The Guard log you've got on the go been really great & the diorama been cool vs the Nids you done a while back.

Forte has made this really cool banner for this week Inspirational Friday topic biggrin.png

gallery_29004_9303_6178.png

I just started painting this terminator last night, he was assembled some days before the 10th. Hope that's alright.
He's equipped with a power maul and a heavy flamer, and has the mark of Slaanesh. I'm using Heralds of Ruin rules for the kill team and am thinking about boosting the flamer to a Strength 6 AP4 template with gets hot to represent a really strong doom siren. ;)

Terminator for Inspirational Friday

I just started painting this terminator last night, he was assembled some days before the 10th. Hope that's alright.

He's equipped with a power maul and a heavy flamer, and has the mark of Slaanesh. I'm using Heralds of Ruin rules for the kill team and am thinking about boosting the flamer to a Strength 6 AP4 template with gets hot to represent a really strong doom siren. msn-wink.gif

Yes that fine it all for fun end of the day, just have the model painted by Friday 17th :D That really nicely converted model

IP

Parts cleaned and pinned.

Weapon swapped.

Undercoated.

Basecoated the leather areas (jackboots and mask).

WIP photos up tomorrow if possible.

That's a true classic you have there, Slave To Darkness! Jealous here. I remember when I had him -a long time ago!- I changed his left hand so he was shooting a bolter.

That's a true classic you have there, Slave To Darkness! Jealous here. I remember when I had him -a long time ago!- I changed his left hand so he was shooting a bolter.

Blame Forte, he keeps sending yummy little treats in the mail, got the chap holding the big sword and a book as well, may do him as a sorcerer or something, tbh I was thinking of giving him some form of gun but I dont want to ruin a classic mini, so he will just be an awesome cultist who dies easy

I give you Tius, head sorcerer of the second legion, The Disicples of Malal.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/archon-hidicul/Discipels%20of%20Malal/IMG_20141013_104106_922_zps4b49eefb.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/archon-hidicul/Discipels%20of%20Malal/IMG_20141013_104045_549_zpsb1855dbf.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/archon-hidicul/Discipels%20of%20Malal/IMG_20141013_104125_291_zps7f53dca5.jpg

Started by dry brushing the areas that ended up white with leadbelcher then used 2 coats of Ceramite White over that. Next did the black parts. The skulls are two coats of Ushabti over black with a wash of Bloodletter(think I used too heavy of a wash but still pretty good). The cloak is Dawnstone over a white base coat. The force ax is a drybush of Warpstone Green. The Daemon face on the ax was done with Evil Suns Scarlette and washed with more Bloodletter. The ax was made with a DA Corvus Hammer, Chaos Terminator power ax, a Chaos vehicel trophy rack and the arm and handle are from some space wolf model. The gold is Ghennas, the parchment was done wiTH screaming skull over the leg color its on and the legion symbol is old chainmail.

EDIT:Fixed what red I used on the Force Ax

excuse my amateur painting skills, i present to you minotaur renegade turned night lord, Geryon Thoul.

IMG 20141014 150644 291

IMG 20141014 150651 564

IMG 20141014 150701 755

IMG 20141014 150714 350

1. Basecoated in Caledor sky
2. Highlighted with Teclis blue.
3. Menoth white(P3 collection) for lightning
4. basecoated flamer in thamar black(P3 collection)
5. barrel in Cold Steel(P3 collection)
6. horns and terror face in menoth white
7. horns washed in aggrellan earth
8. crest in mephiston red

All looking cool.  Also rememeber to add how you painted the model?  If all goes to plan I should have my model finish by Friday, just few bits of detail left to paint & he ready for Stirling wargaming - Rapid Fire event next week.

Also anyone who was enter a model as part of there Call of Chaos oaths, you can now paint the models from today.  As noted in my orignaly post.

IP

Hey guys! All this stuff looks great smile.png Managed to finish my plasma marine for this Friday!

gallery_47732_9950_631542.jpg

Have more info in my WIP log (here), but the armor is Kantor, Macgragge highlight, and then the Fang fine-highlight. Brass is Runelord brass, agrax wash, leadbelcher highlight.

It took a while to figure out what color to make the plasma, but I ended with a really bright blue smile.png

Archived