++Inspirational Friday 10/10/2014++

Hey guys! All this stuff looks great smile.png Managed to finish my plasma marine for this Friday!

gallery_47732_9950_631542.jpg

Have more info in my WIP log (here), but the armor is Kantor, Macgragge highlight, and then the Fang fine-highlight. Brass is Runelord brass, agrax wash, leadbelcher highlight.

It took a while to figure out what color to make the plasma, but I ended with a really bright blue smile.png

My nightlord is shamed next to yours.

Bring out the cultist.

Cultist's sleeping.

Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

gallery_63428_9407_27805.jpggallery_63428_9407_4775.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_24919.jpggallery_63428_9407_10088.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_283.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_4402.jpg

I hope the veins and blood splatter (which I did keep to a minimum on areas other than the weapon, such as his right arm, chest and armour) show up.

First time to paint veins (or nipples, for that matter) on a body.

Bring out the cultist.

Cultist's sleeping.

Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

gallery_63428_9407_27805.jpggallery_63428_9407_4775.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_24919.jpggallery_63428_9407_10088.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_283.jpg

gallery_63428_9407_4402.jpg

First time to paint veins (or nipples, for that matter) on a body.

you loved it

**EDIT**

I'm sure thats Forte when he goes out clubbing...

Adding to the Slaanesh theme:

Aspiring Champion of the Emperors Children with modified Sonic Combi Bolter.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Emperors%20Children/2014-10-16232824_zpsc063264c.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Emperors%20Children/2014-10-16232914_zps953ef3f5.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Emperors%20Children/2014-10-16232859_zps10c7625d.jpg

The pink is black undercoat, Ceramite White, with 2 coats of Emperor's Children.

Only have a limited range of paints with me, but he'll be getting some scorpion green at somepoint!

you loved it

**EDIT**

Haha! Perhaps I'll name him 'Forte' then. :D

Alan, that's fantastic work. I've never been much of a NL fan but that is one fine marine.

Xenith, good to see that marine painted up!

Forgot to detail the paints I used:

The light pink (armour, chainsword, shotgun) is Fulgrim Pink, Carroburg used to shade, white added to Fulgrim for highlights. Pure white for the final highlight.

The dark pink (pants) is Emperor's Children. Again Carroburg used to shade it and White added to the base for highlighting.

The dark turquoise is Hawk Turquoise with White added to highlight.

The light blue is Baharroth Blue. Drakenhof Nightshade in recesses. Again white added to highlight. Pure white for final highlights.

'Black' is Mechanicus Standard Grey with two coats of Nuln Oil.

Metal areas are Leadbelcher shaded with Nuln Oil and highlighted with Mithril Silver (likewise used for scratches).

The small horn was Mournfang brown, Ushtabi Bone and white at the very top, all give a shade with Agrax Earthshade.

Skin is Kislev flesh with heavily diluted Tawk Turquoise used for the veins. Then given a Sepia wash and selective areas given another layer of diluted Kislev Flesh.

Eyes are pure white.

Hair is Dechala Lilac drybrushed white and shaded with Druichi.

Chaos Terminator Lord- Calodain Vuhn

Calodain Vuhn

Because I needed a Termie Lord, and I didn't want to go out and buy the kit...

Axe can count as Blind Fury, too, and there's a smurf head on the base.

Really simple paint job, though, only the third model I've painted so far...

Primered Black, with the following base paints-

Khorne Red, Balthasar Gold, Leadbelcher, and Abaddon Black for the armour.

Macragge Blue for the eyes and ultrasmurf head.

Zandri Dust for the bag-pouch-thing on the trophy rack and the skull.

Seems like I'm too late to enter, though I'll still post up my terminator since I struggled with him. Wanted to post them when he was done last night, but without any sunlight I chose to wait. Today I was called to work though, and could only get these when I got home half an hour ago. Enough excuses, here he is, more Slaanesh up in this thread:

slaanesh terminator

It's my first time painting gold, and I'm not all that pleased, the right shoulderpad and the accidental chipping is alright, I'll have to try that again. I usually try to make my Slaanesh warriors quite dirty and battered, with a few pastel colours popping off here and there. I use a lot of green pigments for the white to try an wear it down. 

Seems like I'm too late to enter, though I'll still post up my terminator since I struggled with him. Wanted to post them when he was done last night, but without any sunlight I chose to wait. Today I was called to work though, and could only get these when I got home half an hour ago. Enough excuses, here he is, more Slaanesh up in this thread:

It's my first time painting gold, and I'm not all that pleased, the right shoulderpad and the accidental chipping is alright, I'll have to try that again. I usually try to make my Slaanesh warriors quite dirty and battered, with a few pastel colours popping off here and there. I use a lot of green pigments for the white to try an wear it down. 

The model look really cool :D  I've still got to enter my one which will be done later on (9pm) when I get onto my lap top.  It all about fun end of the day & it been great seen everyone entry for this.

Also all those who take part, as said there a banner Forte has made which you can have for your sig.  Keep a eye out for something I got line up in the future - Jan 2015.

you loved it

**EDIT**

Haha! Perhaps I'll name him 'Forte' then. :D

No chance I go out like that. Way too reserved ;)

Nice Pulp Fiction reference Kierdale.

Well done to everyone who took part. Amazing creations too (and plenty of Slaanesh too. And all looking different which is even better).

Ok, after working long hours with only a few hours of sleep, I literally just finished the model. Hope it's still in time - Just found out it isn't. :/

"Selaevos, slave to no one*", master of the convent of sorcerers of the 53rd.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/COC%2014/S-front1-Motto.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/COC%2014/th_S-spellbook.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/COC%2014/th_S-backclose.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/COC%2014/th_S-frontsideways.jpg

* This might or might not be actually true, but it's what he calls himself msn-wink.gif

//Edit: How I painted it: Primed black (white for body and head would've been better, but I realised too late). Some layers of white (4 I think). Details painted in respective colors (can't do fancy tricks so far), wash with Agrax Earth Shade (skulls & horns, spellbook) and nuln oil (coat, everything gold, skulls, spellbook). Parts converted first, but painted before assembly.

The model look really cool biggrin.png I've still got to enter my one which will be done later on (9pm) when I get onto my lap top. It all about fun end of the day & it been great seen everyone entry for this.

Also all those who take part, as said there a banner Forte has made which you can have for your sig. Keep a eye out for something I got line up in the future - Jan 2015.

Where is this banner? My sig is empty since I no longer play DA I finally removed that banner and I'm need of a new one.

The model look really cool biggrin.png I've still got to enter my one which will be done later on (9pm) when I get onto my lap top. It all about fun end of the day & it been great seen everyone entry for this.

Also all those who take part, as said there a banner Forte has made which you can have for your sig. Keep a eye out for something I got line up in the future - Jan 2015.

Where is this banner? My sig is empty since I no longer play DA I finally removed that banner and I'm need of a new one.

Post No9 on page 1 msn-wink.gif I'm also adding the banner to this post which memeber can use in there sig for taken part

gallery_29004_9303_6178.png

Also here my entry

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC08589_zps45a3658c.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC08590_zpsa240d9fe.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC08591_zpse87506c9.jpg

Painting side. I always undercaot my models with Black undercoat & my Iron Warriors are painted -

Metal - I usely start with this first

Leadbelcher Black Wash, Pruple wash, Black Wash, Leadbelcher (Dry Brush with tank brush), Rune Fangsteel (Dry brush w/Tank brush), black wash (not heavy/light wash) this just help & shade any part the dry brush has gotten into & highlight with Rune Fangsteel.

Gold

Hashut Copper, Black wash, Gehenna's Gold, leave the above in the recess of the armour, Brown wash, purple wash Auric Armour Gold: Highlight

Yellow

Averland Sunset, Zamesi Desert, Yriel Yellow, Sepia Wash, Abaddon Black to tidy up the lines, Flash Gitz yellow for the highlight.

Browns

Mournfang Brown, black wash, Mournfang brown, brown wash, Skrag Brown highlight

I'll edit in blue & reds tomorrow, just more to get there names.

Thanks for everyone who taken part. As said was great seen great models & a few really great classic models. Well done to AlanofAngels.

Also rememeber we have Call of Chaos, which started on Wed 15th October 2014 & will last up until Jan 15th 2015. I highly suggest memeber take part, it really good to start a new Chaos Marine army, adding to a army your already collecting or maybe you just like a set of models - be a great excuse for a kill team unit so you can use that set of models in games?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297974-call-of-chaos-vii/

Also make sure to check out Tenebris Inspirational Friday 17th October

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298093-inspirational-friday-17102014/

IP

Archived