IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

I don't know if this has been asked and answered, but can you have multiple of the same Legacies of Ruin in you detachment? Or do you have to run an allied detachment for that?

One vehicle per full 1,000 points may take one or more Legacies of Ruin, but only one of each Legacy may be taken within the entire army.

Thanks. Too bad though. I wanted to Out Flank Relic Predators with Flamestorm Cannons! =[

The book is riddled with mistakes and typos. Off the top of my head ogryn weaponry (power drill upgrade), chaos giant spawn now for demons only, and spined beasts now for chaos only, If you take said spined beast for chaos you now need the demon codex to run it, also salamander scout squadrons at Bs3 etc... I am sure there are many more

It's not what I expect for such a premium product

EDIT: for those who don't know, giant spawn were always an elite choice for chaos and are fairly straight forward to play. The spined beast was always a demon choice and requires the demon codex as it is God aligned and takes demonic upgrades / warp storm etc. This can be clearly be seen in the latest FW apocalypse book, why they changed them over in IA13 makes no logical sense other than someone messed up.

The dice abide website has a clarification email from FW saying they are printed the wro g way around and to fix them.

I'll say it again, the quality of editing is horrid. In any company I've worked with, there would be at least a summary termination.

Thanks, I was incredibly angry at the switch - especially considering the price of FW stuff.  Still dont really understand taking 3 as a LOW choice for the renegades though, but that doesnt make me angry at least.

The book is riddled with mistakes and typos. Off the top of my head ogryn weaponry (power drill upgrade), chaos giant spawn now for demons only, and spined beasts now for chaos only, If you take said spined beast for chaos you now need the demon codex to run it, also salamander scout squadrons at Bs3 etc... I am sure there are many more

It's not what I expect for such a premium product

I think we can add Plasma Destroyer to their mess up list. Had to look stats from some ancient FW pdf dry.png

The book is awesome, lots of good and fun units to play with. But I am very disappointed with FW, the book was ridiculously expensive and they didnt even proof read it.

The book isn't that expensive for the quality of it. But maybe that's an antipodean opinion. I paid 45 pound which is about $85 dollars AU. I pay $83 AU for a GW codex.

Wayyyyy better quality in this both in art/rules/fluff and editing. Very very happy with the purchase. I'd much rather have all the fun things this book can let me do now with a few minor easily errata-ed mistakes (and let's face it FW are not too bad at this and actually do generally admit to and fix mistakes) when the alternative might have been to wait another six months for an ironclad edit.

I got a chance to use R&H as an Allied Detachment to my Khorne Daemons in two games today. One was a marginal loss in a Maelstrom mission (turn 6, made several big errors that I couldn't get back from), the other was a near-tabling of my opponent.

I'm pretty happy with how they went. The cheap infantry let me use my Bloodletters successfully as disruptive deep strikers, while Chaos Sigils kept them in line.

I did find that sub-flak was a waste of points (though this might have been because I was facing Marines) and would be better off with voxes instead for the same points. I took a battery of two Basilisks, but I think Medusas would work better. I also had a Hellhound, but I'll swap that out for a Valkyrie next time (so bummed I can't take Vendettas!).

Has anyone else had much experience with R&H, either as a CAD or allies?

I wouldn't expect a reprint for about 8-12 months either.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only errata.

I doubt we'll see an errata for ages, Forgeworld are legendarily slow to update things like that. However they do tend to be pretty quick to respond to rules query emails I've found. So if something looks odd or is missing stats drop them an email and they'll likely reply quite quickly with an answer.

So excited! Got told a month ago the Vraks books I ordered were out of print...now suddenly all 3 arrived in the mail! As soon as my final order of Death Korps arrives I can start working on the ultimate Nurgle Renegades and Heretics collection! Already have a short story in mind that I am going to write when expanding my Chaos collection.

(AND it looks from the bill like they sent the whole order for free. Will have to check my bills to see if I ever had the 30 GBP deducted or not. AND they sent me a voucher for free standard shipping for any order before Dec. 31! Still never got any pins though, haha)

The Flawless Host Fire Raptor looks the absolute nuts as well, I really want to see someone do that on an actual model.

Dragonlover

I'm tempted at repainting my purple ETL slaanesh minis as flawless host, If I do then I shall have a go, I have already tried it on the top of a chaos terminator, if I can do it there then I'm sure I can manage on a tank. 

The Flawless Host Fire Raptor looks the absolute nuts as well, I really want to see someone do that on an actual model.

Dragonlover

I'm tempted at repainting my purple ETL slaanesh minis as flawless host, If I do then I shall have a go, I have already tried it on the top of a chaos terminator, if I can do it there then I'm sure I can manage on a tank. 

Archived