Angels of Damnation - WIP (updated 25/10)

Sergeant Lowe

Before I start, I know that the Angels of Damnation are a GW named chapter and this is my interpretation of them. They are still very WIP right now

sm.php?b62c=@hcLAt_hYbiB.hsbXm____@@@iakk7@hLL9J@@i8khii8khi@@@@...@...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@hLL9JhLL9J@@@@@@@@@____hLL9Jiakk7&

Marine

Origins

23rd founding

crusade chapter formed to hunt down those who chapter who have fallen to chaos

Gene Seed

When the chapter was founded it was decided that the gene seed of the Novamarine, who are successors of the Ultramarines would be used

Organisation

When the Angels of Damnation were first founded they were organised as set down in the Codex Astartes but it was found that this wasn't viable as the chapter was spread out over such large distances. About a century after their founding the chapter's grand master decreed that each company would contain it's own contingent of Veteran and Scout squads.

This diversion from the Codex has caused some friction between the Angels and their parent chapter the Novamarines, who are strict adherents to the Codex.

Home World

being a crusade chapter they're fleet based

Chapter Beliefs

they revere Guilliman as the ultimate soldier

Combat Doctrine

in combat the Angels of Damnation follow the teaching as set down in the Codex Astartes.

Current Status

they're a half strength

A good start to your chapter!

I would recommend you have a look at the DIY Resources so you can start fleshing your Chapter out. There are a lot of different directions you could take your Chapter now. 

Some thoughts:

If they are a Chapter formed to hunt down Chapters that have fallen to Chaos, what have they done to armour their souls against the corrupting taint of Chaos? You can imagine the High Lords of Terra being very paranoid that a Chapter staring into the abyss could find the abyss staring back...

Why does your Chapter not have separate Scout/Veteran companies? Presumably this is a result of your Chapter being fleet-based and spread across the galaxy, but you could still have Veterans and Scouts nominally being part of the 1st or 10th Companies. Why would this create such animosity between your Chapter and the Novamarines?

Even if your Chapter is fleet-based, are there particular areas of the galaxy that they frequent? Or particular worlds that they recruit from? Chapters such as the Dark Angels and Black Templars, both of whom are fleet-based, have recruiting worlds.

Why is Guilliman the perfect "soldier" rather than the perfect "warrior"? Is there a difference? How do they try to emulate him? (And why have they diverged from the Codex if they revere him so much?)

Why does your Chapter prefer ranged combat? (Could this link to the corruption of Chaos mentioned earlier?) Anyone can fire a gun - why are Space Marines enhanced if they're not used to fight in combat? (Also, how does this tie in with their reverence of Guilliman?)

Why is your Chapter at half strength? Is it a consequence of their fierce and relentless campaigning? Has some tragic accident befallen them? Has half the Chapter fallen to Chaos?

Plenty to think about - I hope to see you fleshing out your ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived