AUS30K.com: Army, Battle and Campaign Tracking Website

Dono1979

Hi all,

I am very please to announce that the AUS30K.com website is now at an open Beta stage and is available for use by anyone and everyone playing 30K games.

There will be some ongoing cosmetic changes to the Sub-Sector maps and some general cleanup of untidy code as it is identified, by the vast majority of the websites functions are now up and running. Some of the primary features:

- Users can create multiple Heresy force profiles for various legions (new factions will be added as they are released by FW)

- Any games played and recorded using the Skirmish reports will track that armies win/loss stats against your opponents

- Battle reports allow for more detailed and fluffy battle reports, including attaching of photos, stories and linking of multiple armies

- Campaigns can be run within the system by groups of players, you can create your own Systems/Planets or use existing Available ones

- There will be an ongoing Worldwide (Global Heresy) campaign which ANYONE can participate in, lodging their games results will contribute influence for your faction to take control of that particular world. The campaign will move on every three to six months.

Please feel free to go and visit the website and browse around, there are a number of help pages towards the bottom of the main page which explains all of the concepts and functions of the site. If you are interested you can create an account and start making army pages and recording battles.

If anyone has any problems or questions please do not hesitate in contacting me and I can help you out. If you are part of a group of players interested in starting a campaign, things can be customised to work with you to a certain extent as well as having planets and systems created for you.

Have fun and please let me know what you think.

http://i.imgur.com/5uhZvJG.jpg

You are more than welcome to put in a fake name, it is simply the default account request, and the biography is to stop spam bots. Just copy and paste an extract of something 40K ish so I know that you are a real person interested in 40K things.

Unfortunately it is one of the biggest issues with Wiki's, they get hit a LOT with bots. Our first incarnation got slammed with over 7,000 bots accounts in under a week and we were forced to shut it down and start all over.

Just a quick little hint for everyone updating/creating their pages. If you want to link to another page or create another page rather than putting all of the information on the Army page, all you need to do is type

[[sample]] 

replacing sample with the name of the new page or

[[full page name|sample]]

This basically created a hyperlink style, where the Full Page Name section is the name of the page you want to link to/create and the sample section is the text you want to display. For example you might want to link to the Global Heresy Planets page, but rather than typing the entire name out you could abbreviate it to GH Planets and use the below:

[[Global Heresy Planets|GH Planets]]

Just be aware that the links are case sensitive.

This way you can put a summary of your army information and then links to individual profiles, like for your HQ units with their name, history and photos etc 

I have written some examples on my own Army ID page here:
http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=L-VII-3177

Some of the guys who are already running major events and campaigns through the website had the idea of campaign ribbons which can be attached to your forum signatures as well. Here is the first one we made for the Battle of Cambrius Minor happening this weekend.

Each player who take part in the event will get a Dog Tag with Battles details (these tags are available world wide) and they can attach the below ribbon to their sigs:

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/images/thumb/6/60/Battle_for_Cambrius_Minor_Ribbon.jpg/30px-Battle_for_Cambrius_Minor_Ribbon.jpg

There are multiple forms of Campaigns which the website hosts. Local groups can run their own campaigns through it and they can run as long or as short as they like. There is also the Global Heresy ongoing campaign which is a Worldwide campaign open to anyone and everyone, basically any game you play you can lodge it against the Global Heresy to see which faction takes over a planet or system. They will run for three to six months months (the first one probably more towards six months as the player base builds).

The Battle for Cambrius Minor is a local event happening in Brisbane and they have decided to use the website as a tracking and fluff tool. It is a single day 'tournament' (scenario driven event more than tournament). Anyone is welcome to do the same thing with any of their events or tournaments.

Yeah there are a number of options, currently everything you see on the website either Sirrob01 or myself built including the systems, planets, Sub-sector maps etc. They are there just to give a bit of 'theatre' and atmosphere type thing. Sure we could have just had a full tracking website with stats and data but it makes it look cooler if there are planets linked and the planets have histories etc. 

Those planets can then be used by local groups to run campaign on similar to what my local group has been doing in the Kildrech system of the 40K version of the website:
http://aus40k.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kildrech_System

However if people are keen to start up a new Planetary system, I can either upload some which they have made, show them how we made the existing ones, or, if you supply all of the information, I can make them for you. The last option might take me a couple of weeks to get it completed but I am more than happy to do it, all I need is a list of planets along with names and basic descriptions, plus a System name and where you want it located amongst the existing Sub-Sectors. I will then build the planets and images and then send you the link so that you can populate any additional information you like and you can literally start playing campaigns using those planets. Any battles played on those planets will automatically be linked to them and display the results.

And the first Local Campaign using the website and the associated Dog Tags is running this weekend; Battle for Cambrius Minor, an event being run by Bowlzee up in Brisbane (Australia). Each attendant will recieve a dog tag with their loyalty and the linked battle honours they get for playing in the game. These battle honours are also listed on the website and can be used in any event which allows them (normally events which will also be offering the dog tags).

DSC_1056.JPG

Liking the dog tags!

Alright, I'm all setup meself, will pester my group to also sign up for tracking purposes whilst I throw a system for them to wreck...

Are fleets and such like supported by the website for battles? Representing Zone Mortalis and so forth?

BFG may be pushing it, though the maps used to lend themselves nicely to using the official BFG campaign rules tacked on...

Though I can the simplest situation being just having fleets/patrol ships as their own territories? And you note down what the fleet has as you try to whittle down it's number through numerous boarding action mini-campaigns as per Book 3?

...then again that probably makes things far too complicated...

We have always been interested in incorporating BFG into the 30K (and 40K) websites, probably at a level up from the regular 30K games, so rather than fighting over the planets and moons, you would be fighting over the system itself. This would be reasonably easy to add (I think). 

For example for the current worldwide campaign, the Global Heresy, there are three targets, Cambrius Minor (a planet being used by some trial Campaigns/Events), Cambrius and Outpost Cambrius. For a BFG style tracker it could b e for the entire Cambrius System space. However the individual army tracking might be different, I would need to code an entirely new tracking element and reporting section. However if there were the players keen, I would be happy to go the extra mile and flesh that out.

Take a look through the site, use it for a few weeks and report a few battles, see how you go with it, then if you think it would suit expanding into BFG let me know what ideas you have and I see what I can about implementing them.

Blood in the void campaigns would be very nice.

The site certainly doesnt discriminate whether the games were regular, apoc, epic or even Kill Team, so Blood in void (30K Zone Mortalis?) is more than acceptable to report on. In fact one of the planets in the beta version of the worldwide campaign is encouraged to be played as Zone Mortalis or very tight urban boards (Outpost Cambrius).

Or would you rather see some more specific scenarios being published on the worldwide one for people to (voluntarily) take part in as well?

Dono1979,

I am intrested in setting up an account as i am currently involved in a good HH group and we play weekly, we are currently playing a ZM Campaign and i would love to put our results on the website but knowing me i will mess it some way and end up in the wrong area and mess up your campaign. I can also say with a high degree of certainty that i will be the only one from my group to make an account. Any pointers?!?

not a worry at all mate, if you flick a request through I will approve the account and send you an email with some pointers. We can create Army ID's on behalf of the other players to represent them in your reports very easily even if they are not interested in creating an account and then whenever you lodge the reports they will assign the points to whichever army was played. Who knows the players might get interested and want to modify their army pages or something and eventually register as well.

There are a couple of help pages about lodging reports, the Skirmish ones are the easiest, they are literally the winning player and the losing players Army Id's that's it. Once you get some confidence up you can move onto Battle Reports which give more influence to the winning faction and include some fluff information and even photos if you like on the battle. But one step at a time.

Blood in the void campaigns would be very nice.

The site certainly doesnt discriminate whether the games were regular, apoc, epic or even Kill Team, so Blood in void (30K Zone Mortalis?) is more than acceptable to report on. In fact one of the planets in the beta version of the worldwide campaign is encouraged to be played as Zone Mortalis or very tight urban boards (Outpost Cambrius).

Or would you rather see some more specific scenarios being published on the worldwide one for people to (voluntarily) take part in as well?

Blood in the Void uses most of the rules for Zone Mortalis, but is set for space-ship boarding actions in sphess. If you tell me that it's ok to report them as normal ZM games (a planet may be taken by cutting it off from the rest of the galaxy -and every kind of basilar resource it may need- right?) then I'm more than happy with it :)

Archived