AUS30K.com: Army, Battle and Campaign Tracking Website

Dono1979

Although I definitely appreciate the enthusiasm, I don't think BFG support is necessary just yet. I don't even actively play BFG, much less for any 30k campaign setting.

However, blood in the void is very attractive and far more likely to be used. I know there are quite a few players who love Zone Mortalis and specifically the BitV expansion.

Good pickup, the Imperial Search line is an 'error' cover over script, replacing the standard error response lines of code gives when a search or filtering command doesnt come back with any results. Primarily this is used when searching for Battle or Skirmishes, however in this case there is an embedded search for any Campaigns that the army has participated in and to retrieve the Campaign badge to display as an honour roll of sorts.

I hadnt even noticed that the error script was displaying because of a lack of Campaigns. I will look at trying to suppress it.

Just an update that the first Campaign (this one being a major event, not a prolonged campaign style) was run last weekend. This is the link to the Campaign Report attached to that event:

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=Battle_for_Cambrius_Minor

It is a good example of how the Campaign Report function can be used for the events;

- the Report is created before the event to give people time to 'sign up' their Armies

- it can provide some foundation fluff for the lead up to the event

- players can then enter Skirmishes and Battle Reports from their games at the event itself

- photos can be uploaded and attached automatically

- the TO can upload a fluff report once the event is over, giving the players an overall view of what they 'achieved'

At this point the report is about midway through that process. Some of the players have started lodging their reports and linking their armies to it. You can then click on their armies and see that the Campaign has automatically linked through to their pages and the campaign badge has appeared underneath their profile picture. A photo has been uploaded and linked and the TO is in the process or writing up a report and sorting through other photos.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been quiet on this front for a little while, trying to get a few other things sorted, but most of the work has been taking place behind the scenes, setting up templates and cleaning up coding and what not. However I think we are rapidly approaching a final version, all of the reports appear to be working nicely and linking correctly.

The plan is to continue the current open Beta through until the end of the year and start a new phase of the Global Heresy in January.

If there are any suggestions please let me know, I can change things in the future of course but would love to know if there are issues as early as possible.

If there are people interested in running their own campaign and want to use the website to help store the information/photos/phases etc please get in touch and we can start setting up your sector of space.

With the release of Book IV, we get to introduce two new Army Lists into the 30K games; Solar Auxilia (Imperial Army) and Knight (Adetus Mechanicus).

I am hoping to have both of these as options for creating army pofiles on within the week, however I am just trying to work out which way I will fit them into the scheme of things;

- Should Solar Auxilia be its own entry like a specific Legion or should it just be covered as part of the Imperial Army?

- Similarly should Knights be grouped under Adeptus Mechanicus or get their own sub section as well?

As much as my opinion counts for anything, I'd vote that both are subsets of their parent organizations. A case could be made for separate Knights but until I read more in the book (c'mon shipping move faster!) it's hard to say.

• 3 weeks later...
There are some really awesome battle reports getting submitted in the Beta. Thanks to everyone who is writing the fluff for their games, I have been enjoying reading them all, and by the view count a fair few other people have been as well!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I will take this oputunity to wish everyone a happy and safe festive break. I will be going offline for a week or so in a few days and will be making some updates to the website during and shortly after that period.

Come early January we will have the new Global Heresy targets posted and people will be able to start the conquest of the new System on a worldwide scale. In addition we will be laying the foundations for the World wide ullanor style event for late April.

• 1 month later...

Lots of news but I will hold off for a little while longer for the full update. I am in the midst of working with Sirrob01 to incorporate a number of new extensions onto the AUS30K website which will give a lot of new options in coding side of things. However some of the main things which will be implemented will be:

The ability to vote on things; this will be used to allow people to vote on their favourite battle report, army page, campaign briefing etc There will be a number of upcoming compeitions built into the Global Heresy where voting will determine the prize winner, more on that in a few weeks.

User Ranks and Friending; Users will be assigned a rank based on the number of edits, posts, reports, votes etc This is a side effect of some of the other additions we are putting in and rather than deactivating, it might be fun having them.

User Blogs; This is one of the major things I have been looking to implement to allow users to create an army blog and also to allow me to create a central AUS30K blog which will keep people up to date with the changes and new events occuring within the system.

This keeps growing awesome!

As I said, I am totally supporting this project.

On a side note, tomorrow I should be finally able to play a few ZM games, and log in my first reports! :D

An awesome battle report from Khârn the Bloody of a series of zone mortalis games, excellent read!!!

Prologue
After the ninety eight days of Isstvan V, the World Eaters were sent in the Segmentum Ultima along with the Word Bearers to begin the bloody campaign which would come to be known as The Shadow Crusade, meant to shed enough blood and despair to tear the veils of reality and unleash a violent warpstorm capable of isolating the realm of Ultramar from the rest of the Imperium. In the opening stages of the conflict, the 16th Company of the 12th Legion was sent right outside the borders of the Five Hundred Worlds, in the Australis Ultima Sector, and tasked to unleash as much devastation as possible to cause a minor storm which would cut off that border of the Ultramarine Empire, denying every possible link with the Australis Ultima Sector. Their first prey was Hive World Mardrion , while a number of allied Traitor Militia ships went deeper in the Prosperine System. What the World Eaters were not aware of was the presence of a Raven Guard survivor force that landed on the planet's surface seeking for aid: their presence turned what should have been a slaughter into a perilous meatgrinder that could make the Merciless seriously bleed..... [Read More]

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/images/thumb/0/0e/World_Eaters_charging_through_Alpha.JPG/800px-World_Eaters_charging_through_Alpha.JPG

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/images/thumb/3/3e/World_Eaters_Charge.JPG/800px-World_Eaters_Charge.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

The long planned upgrade has finally been implemented!

My apologies for the delay, we ran into some unexpected problems which Sirrob01 managed to overcome by writing his own Templates and extensions, many many thanks to him for his continued support of the website!

With this latest upgrade the website now has Blog capability and most of the announcements will now be detailed through the website itself, please pop along and have a read of the latest changes, in summary we now have;
 - Blog functionality
 - Voting
 - Comments
 - Social Profiles

http://aus30k.com/30kwiki/index.php?title=Main_Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

While the start of the month signaled the launch of The Mustering it was also the conclusion of the first official Phase of the Global Heresy and the linked Battle Report competition which was running. The number of battle reports submitted was fantastic and there are some really great reads, I highly recommend people to go along the Global Heresy main page and take a look through the submitted reports!...... Click Here to Read More

Archived