Service Studs--Loyalty Award program

evilmittens

So does shipping cost factor in to that? 

Hmm, I should have tacked on a few things to my order last night.

I think this is a really cool idea though. Not sure if the implementation is all that great, but still, customer loyalty programs are fun. 

I think this is a really cool idea though. Not sure if the implementation is all that great, but still, customer loyalty programs are fun.

I ordered over $100 in books...last night...the program starts...10/15 /2014 according to the small printfurious.gif

I ordered over $100 in books...last night...the program starts...10/15 /2014 according to the small printfurious.gif

Ouch. Cancel and re-order?!

I ordered over $100 in books...last night...the program starts...10/15 /2014 according to the small print:angry:

Yeah I was going to make an order then saw the date that the program ran through and decided to wait another day to place my order so it would count. BL channels shades of the old Skullz program with this promotion.

I ordered over $100 in books...last night...the program starts...10/15 /2014 according to the small print:angry:

Yeah I was going to make an order then saw the date that the program ran through and decided to wait another day to place my order so it would count. BL channels shades of the old Skullz program with this promotion.

So true! Good memories.

Be sure to read the T&Cs. They're not making this easy at all.

You get 1 Service Stud for each order of £45+.

Shipping doesn't count toward that £45 (it's free over £20 anyway, but don't pay for express shipping thinking it will put you over the limit).

Spent, say, £150 in a single order? Still only earns you 1 Service Stud.

Spent £45 in multiple orders? Doesn't count at all.

So you'll have to spend at least £270 in 6 months in 6 (no more, no less!) instalments. In practice, when so many of their books are £8.99 or £14.99, you're not going to hit exactly £45 very often.

Nice bonus if your buying pattern happens to land that way, or close enough, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

EDIT: In fact, with the first editions going up to £45, I reckon it's basically intended as "buy six first editions, get one free".

Also just ordered with 75 euros Monday and that doesn't count. Very annoying. And nothing imminent that I need any more and HH series is going through a 'silent phase' with perhaps only 2 books coming out before the end of the deadline for the program.

But the prize book is about Blood Angels / Lemartes. Must resist... Then again, it's from Annandale, who is one of my least favorite authors and I didn't really like his Mephiston book.

So you'll have to spend at least £270 in 6 months in 6 (no more, no less!) instalments. In practice, when so many of their books are £8.99 or £14.99, you're not going to hit exactly £45 very often.

Nice bonus if your buying pattern happens to land that way, or close enough, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

EDIT: In fact, with the first editions going up to £45, I reckon it's basically intended as "buy six first editions, get one free".

Aye, isn't exactly ideal. If friends aren't bothered about it, may just ask to pool together...

I don't know.I feel like this scheme is a scam.why should we pay for an award? Or being loyal? Think about it if you audit your Black Library account and add up all the purchases you've made over the years you'll find that you've spent a pretty sum supporting the BL.Instead I think you deserve a notification stating that as a loyal member of th BL we are shipping you this first addition free...for supporting Us! Now (using CDA for me) if you take $85 CDA times 6 service studs...I would've have invested $510 CDA for what is typically a $80 CDA first edition?????? Really? Come on guys don't be fool by this you all deserve better.You've invested so much already.

Just sell me the censored.gif ing book, Black Library

RAGE!!!!

It's going on general release too. The promotion is just for the first edition. Chill out.

No sir, its bad enough the Blood Angels get no love as it is with regards to new novels, but then BL pulls this...

Not to mention that said general release is usually 2 years standard from "Special" release (see Heresy Limited Novellas)

Not to mention that said general release is usually 2 years standard from "Special" release (see Heresy Limited Novellas)

First Editions don't work like that. The wait with Talon of Horus and Rebirth was more like a month.

Not for Trade Paperback Sir

You're just inventing reasons to whine now. That has literally nothing to do with it being published in First Edition or the existence of this promotion at all. General release is hardback, ebook and sometimes audio book. If you want to buy the book, you'll most likely be able to do it in May.

If you insist on waiting for paperback, they're typically following about 3 months after general release at the moment, and that would still be true without First Editions or this promotion, and it's still nothing like your suggestion of two years.

Im whining because BL used to sell all new releases in paperback, literally $18 aus for EVERY new release, now they are greedy and want you to fork out $45 for a Hardback (or $90 for a "Special" edition) 

But wait I must be mistaken, because BL said that the "Hardbacks come out before the Novels intended release" (their words).... hmmmm

As I consumer who use to have every opportunity to buy a new book for $18 two years ago regardless of what it was, now has to wait because I dont earn enough money?

Your damn right Im whining, I have every right to, its exclusionism at its worst and is exactly the buisness model GW likes to follow

I understand the economics behind they "Why" for hardbacks Paladin, but that wont stop me venting about BL changing their policy from publishing everything in paperback first, to hardback first, just to squeeze a little more dough.

But obviously I seem to be the only one with this issue and so in future ill bit my tongue and sigh.

First world problems of a poor man

I'll be honest, I love hardback books. They're another of those middle class luxuries I've gotten to the point in life I can afford and always liked even when I couldn't. It's made me a sucker for all the signed/limited editions that BL has put out. Initially when they started doing those their policy was those stories wouldn't be printed in another format for three years but that seems to have been reduced to less than a year now and for these "first addition books" to just about a month for the general edition hardbacks and ebooks. It may take a bit longer for the paperback but not likely two years.

Archived