+++Call of Chaos VII+++

Captain Semper

I want to answer the call, but I have issues reclaiming models. Bits I could use on Pms can go on NMs or vanillas so... I dunno.

Well there's three months to go so plenty of time to decide.

Is it possible to paint Space Crusade chaos?  I have a squad of 5 Chaos Marines with a Missile Launcher, and the sergeant has a Heavy Bolter (which looks more like a combi-weapon).  Would I need to work out a legal way for this to apply to 40k?

If that is true, since I don't have the codex or anything :p can anyone tell me if Chaos dreadnoughts with a plasma cannon, bolters and conversion beamer are possible? :p

Is it possible to paint Space Crusade chaos? I have a squad of 5 Chaos Marines with a Missile Launcher, and the sergeant has a Heavy Bolter (which looks more like a combi-weapon). Would I need to work out a legal way for this to apply to 40k?

If that is true, since I don't have the codex or anything tongue.png can anyone tell me if Chaos dreadnoughts with a plasma cannon, bolters and conversion beamer are possible? tongue.png

'Helbrutes' as chaos nowadays calls its normal dreadnoughts :( can only have one heavy weapon plus either a missile launcher or a cc weapon. However, Chaos can also take contemptor dreadnoughts with the weapon loadout you mention - so Captain Semper could maybe allow the Space crusade Chaos dread as a Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought?

I luther - the fallen answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Sorcerer and 2 squads of Chosen (1x6 Chosen, 1x5 Chosen) of the Night Lords Legion before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will recieve the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Do we have to marked by the Pustulant one? It's hell to remove from silk.

Don't forget you have a wife..

Sorry semper, my bad, sounded funny in my head, probably came across as a bit rude looking back on it

Sorry semper, my bad, sounded funny in my head, probably came across as a bit rude looking back on it

That's what I'm here for... ;)

That's what I'm here for... ;)

To get stains out of silk?

I'm waiting for more orders to come in and e assembled and primed(they nee at least that much, right?) and then I'll go ahead and put in an official vow. Currently, I'm planning on using some Heresy models to be count-ased as a Chaos Lord, Chaos Sorcerer, a Dread, two ten man CSM Squads and a Raptor Squad. But like I said, just waiting to officially vow. Should be good by next Friday at the earliest.

I, Miteyheroes, answer the Call of Chaos in the name of the Dark Mechanicum and vow to complete 4 evil and twisted Daemon-Knights, 1 dedicated to the glory of each Chaos God, before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

• Knight Errant dedicated to Khorne
  • Knight Paladin dedicated to Nurgle
  • Knight Paladin dedicated to Slaanesh
  • Knight Castigator dedicated to Tzeentch

This will give me a 1,500pts counts-as-Imperial-Knight army, dedicated to Chaos smile.png

My WIP thread is up at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298094-dark-mechanicus-daemon-knights-of-the-unblinking-eye/ with lots of shots of individual knights & background details.

Group shot pre-painting, with a non-Chaos Imperial Knight for scale (l-r, Slaanesh Paladin, Khorne Errant, Imperial Paladin, Tzeentch Castigator, Nurgle Paladin):
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3948/15556474135_e21e98771f.jpg

Group shot mid-painting (rubbish camera phone photo, sorry):
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3932/15606384715_949e65438c.jpg

I just bought myself a DV box and the codex to cut my teeth on Chaos.. when I've read it and decided on a sixth unit I'll post my vow. Preferably not something that comes in the attack force box as I might buy that to bulk up afterwards.

Obliterators or a Heldrake maybe..

Anyway, vow should be up next week!

Sooo, any more takers? The Gods thirst for more!

I was planning on jumping on board, but now that I have a copy of IA 13 en route, I'm gonna bide my time and see what's in there first.  :)

In the words of a certain Governor, "I'll be back."

No way I will miss this one. So without further a due:

I Tenebris answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete four units: a Daemon Prince, a squad of Chaos Space Marines and an unit of Chaos Spawn, before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

• Daemon Prince
  • 10 Chaos Space Marines (2x Plasma Gun, Icon of Vengeance, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword)
  • 4 Chaos Spawn

The idea is to represent my Daemon Prince, Lord Salastan the Philosopher, heir to the throne of the Arrogant Sons Black Legion warband, and his honor guard of Chaos Space Marines, the Grov'al Shaal known as the Black Knives and his favorite pets, the fallen champions of his company, The Ravaged, an unit of Chaos Spawn. 

I short I will open a Black Legion project topic in which I will post my progress. 

I just bought myself a DV box and the codex to cut my teeth on Chaos.. when I've read it and decided on a sixth unit I'll post my vow. Preferably not something that comes in the attack force box as I might buy that to bulk up afterwards.

Wait. I´m confused: the DV box already has six Chaos units, right?

1. 10 Cultists
  2. 10 Cultists
  3. Helbrute
  4. Chaos Lord
  5. Dark Apostle
  6. Unit of Chosen (+ Champion if you bought it since 7th came out)

Wait. I´m confused: the DV box already has six Chaos units, right?

• 10 Cultists
  • 10 Cultists
  • Helbrute
  • Chaos Lord
  • Dark Apostle
  • Unit of Chosen (+ Champion if you bought it since 7th came out)

From what I hear, the dark apostle is more of a conversion of the aspiring champion than it's an actual model, and to be truthful, I'm not in a place where I'm comfortable doing that. Although I'd love to learn.

I Mandaloriano answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Chaos Lord, 4 Terminators, 8 Khorne Berzerkers, 10 Chaos Space Marines before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Had to happen someday......I became a follower of Chaos

In few days I will start a new thread with pics of everything.

Archived