+++Call of Chaos VII+++

Captain Semper

Okay, one last round of questions, and then I may just be ready to go -- sorry for my lollygagging, this is all just part of my working up the courage to participate, I suppose... msn-wink.gif

1.) Can I jump between the different parts of my vow while painting them. Like, post the unpainted pictures for all models, then WIP for model 1, then WIP for model 2, then back to the finished model 1, and so on, or do I have to complete them in strict order (unpainted model 1, then WIP model 1, then completed model 1, then unpainted model 2,...)

Of course! These is no requirement of linear work - this is Chaos remember? nothing is linear, not even time itself!

2.) Can I work on projects that don't have anything to do with the vow in between without "breaking the combo", so to speak? Seeing how I am a huge hobby butterfly, I may just end up needing a bit of variety to keep myself motivated

How you organize your work is for you to decide. If you want to spend time to work on other projects that's totally fine - but be conscious of time... The deadline for the Call is immovable!

So I look forward for your vow mate! smile.png

Thanks a lot, you two! I really appreciate the help!

Alright, here goes nothing:

I, KrautScientist, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete four units before January 15th 2015. Though this call may be pledged to Nurgle, all blood serves Khorne in the end, so my contribution to this challenge will swell the ranks of He who hunts at the head of the pack:

• 1 custom Khârn the Betrayer
  • 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator armour with Thunder Hammer and Lightning Claw (actually a Talon of Horus expy, but yeah...)
  • 1 Chaos Dreadnought/Helbrute with Multimelta and Power Fist
  • 1 Forgefiend with twin Hades Autocannons (slightly converted)

My progress will be chronicled in my WIP thread.

If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulent Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Wish me luck, boys and girls! msn-wink.gif

EDIT: First Call of Chaos update in my thread.

I, Whythre, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

• The Hekatonkheire (Daemon Prince of Nurgle)
  • The Transcendent (Two units of three Chaos Obliterators of Nurgle)

Progress will be recorded here:  Warp Locust WIP thread

These units will be completed by January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will bear the Mark of Pestilent Glory and continue down the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my forfeit soul!

Since my forgeworld order came in and is the primary bulk of my vow and tracking tells me my GW order with my last mini and a few essentials will come in on friday(or is suppose to), here I go.

I, Kol Saresk, Sinner of Sinners, do solemnly pledge, the flaying knives of one Chaos Lord, the arcana of one Chaos Sorcerer, the bolters of two squads of Chaos Marines, the iron will of one Helbrute and the fiery pinions of one squad of Raptors. If I fail completion of this task, then I shall humbly and shamefully wear the Mark of the Lost and expect no mercy from its punishment. But if I shall succeed, then I will seize the Mark of Pustulant Glory for my Mantle as I walk the Path of the Usurper.

Fantastic progress guys - nice to see the usual suspects along with some new faces taking part here! We are at 47 participants so far...

SO THE FORCES OF CHAOS ARE ON THE MOVE - ARE THERE ANY MORE TO BOLSTER TO HORDES OF THE DAMNED?

Updated to this point!

Yesterday I opened and looked through my shiny new DV box, and saw that it definitely had six complete units. So here I am! I will start a thread with my progress when I've assembled the minis. (I'm going to need the thread for all the feedback and tips I'll be asking for since these are not only my first CSMs, but also among the first minis I've ever attempted to paint)

I, Zembar, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1. 1xChaos Lord
  2. 1xAspiring Champion
  3. 6xChosen
  4. 10xChaos Cultist
  5. 10xChaos Cultist
  6. 1xHelbrute

before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I, Iron_Within, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

• 2 Hellbrutes
  • 1 Maulerfiend
  • 1 Predator
  • 1 Rhino

I vow to complete these units in the name of the Ruinous powers on, or before January 15, 2015. Should I succeed, I will bear the mark of Pestilent Glory along the path of ruin. In the impossible event that fate inflicts failure I shall bear the Mark of the Lost and scream curses upon an universe that dams me to such shame.

My deeds shall be recorded *WILL INSERT LINK ONCE CREATED* may the galaxy show my enemies mercy, for I have none.

Iron Within! Iron Without!

I've done some painting!

Group shot pre-painting, with a non-Chaos Imperial Knight for scale (l-r, Slaanesh Paladin, Khorne Errant, Imperial Paladin, Tzeentch Castigator, Nurgle Paladin):
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3948/15556474135_e21e98771f.jpg

Group shot mid-painting (rubbish camera phone photo, sorry):
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3932/15606384715_949e65438c.jpg

With any luck, I'll finish these guys tonight. 1,500pts painted in a week!

My WIP thread, with close-ups of pre-painted models: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298094-dark-mechanicus-daemon-knights-of-the-unblinking-eye/

Would anyone be against me pledging Abaddon? I have the Heresy version of him (but intend to paint him with his power claw and sword combo so he is pretty similar to full evil Abaddon). 

Would anyone be against me pledging Abaddon? I have the Heresy version of him (but intend to paint him with his power claw and sword combo so he is pretty similar to full evil Abaddon).

He's Chaos so why would anyone be against it? Go for it.

Just double checking :P Heresy mini and not being covered in evilness. 

Just double checking :P Heresy mini and not being covered in evilness.

So long as..

1. He's armed like Codec CSM.

2. He looks cool.

3. Painted by Jan 15th

Hmm... 49 entrants... divisible by 7... 

Could I crack out 49 separate units for this?!

Is it crazy I'm thinking of it?!

It's a lot of HQ models and tanks, but yeah, I reckon you could manage it.

Dragonlover

Hmm... 49 entrants... divisible by 7... 

Could I crack out 49 separate units for this?!

Is it crazy I'm thinking of it?!

It's a lot of HQ models and tanks, but yeah, I reckon you could manage it.

Dragonlover

I could go for minimum squads - I've got 150+ Plague Marines to do... so, that would eat into a lot of vows.

I might just tree out some options later to see if it is feasible...

Archived