+++Call of Chaos VII+++

Captain Semper

unsure.png I really don't know how to respond to that! Because talent is begotten and not learned? I don't know. What I do know is that this hobby is for a large part technique-based. I really love this hobby: I love building and I love painting. So I try to hobby as often as possible and to push myself to get better at all the different techniques. I am open to all feedback, ask others how they do this or that, and research techniques online. There's an enormous amount of stuff online these days: here on BnC, but also on other fora, on YouTube and on many many hobby blogs. I know for a fact that I've had a massive learning curve since I started posting here. Seriously there's precious little of the stuff I know or do, that I've found out myself. Every miniature I make is a combination of all the techniques that I've learned from others. And seriously I'm not a neat painter by far. I believe that it's just the combination of all the stuff on the mini's I built that makes for a nice overall appearance. Also, as with every trade, having the right tools make a world of difference.

So, in the end I guess I'd respond by saying: if you want to improve your technique, ask others how they do it and then copy from them and then try to master it! And don;t be stingy when it comes to tools. ;) :tu:

So I did some work at the plague drones. Took a picture from my finished Screamers of Tzeentch & My fateweaver arrived also! And I built my Beast of Nurgle!

Plague drones:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2304_zps7ce77181.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2310_zpsd62815d5.jpg

Beast of Nurgle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2307_zpscae4e558.jpg

Screamers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2308_zps796327c9.jpg

Fateweaver:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2256_zps2bb3b0ce.jpg

Augustus hit the nail on the head when he said about asking questions. The thing I've noticed too (mostly here and a certain painting group on Facebook). It just seems that no matter how good a painter is, they are still happy to talk through how they do things and also still get those "why isn't this working how I want it too" moments.

Facebook links generally don't work for people outside of your Facebook network or country, STD...

That's why he chose his name... his brand of humour is infectious!

I know, you do it all the time tongue.png

That's true. Hold on...was that a borderline compliment?

Not strictly... although you are one of the best painters around here. Use it as you see fit :lol:

Exciting, looking forward to seeing what you make of it!

Facebook links generally don't work for people outside of your Facebook network or country, STD...

my bad. trynna get used to using my phone for internet as my computer has stopped recognizing my dongle. i feel cut off from the rest rest of the world without internet

my bad. trynna get used to using my phone for internet as my computer has stopped recognizing my dongle.i feel cut off from the rest rest of the world without internet

HAH! #SlaaneshProblems :D

Looking at the front page, there are quite a few people who haven't even done a 'before' shot yet, that's worrying :P

That said, looking at the completions already is glorious - miteyheroes Knights are just sublime :wub:

Excited as we hurtle into the last month to see what everyone does!

Cheers but I'm far from that. Slowest and fussy maybe. But not one of the best.

Just repeat after me, 4 layers of paint is more than enough for anyone!

Not 16 all layed, washed, glazed and varnished.

4 layers? What is this sorcery. Least I do it three. On rivets. Isn't four layers just shading?

Soon I'll do a Carcharodons (sorry) kill team and paint them how I did the Stormsword. Almost 100% dry brushing. Dirty and weathered too. Just for a change. Then there's an Elf Cheerleader for Blood Bowl, Night Lords mini bust, and various other projects on the cards. Want to vary what I do, which is likely why the Noise Marines are causing a few issues. Maybe I'll go wash crazy on the Spawn. Try and at least complete half my vow.

Cheers but I'm far from that. Slowest and fussy maybe. But not one of the best.

Just repeat after me, 4 layers of paint is more than enough for anyone!

Not 16 all layed, washed, glazed and varnished.

4 layers? What is this sorcery. Least I do it three. On rivets. Isn't four layers just shading?

Soon I'll do a Carcharodons (sorry) kill team and paint them how I did the Stormsword. Almost 100% dry brushing. Dirty and weathered too. Just for a change. Then there's an Elf Cheerleader for Blood Bowl, Night Lords mini bust, and various other projects on the cards. Want to vary what I do, which is likely why the Noise Marines are causing a few issues. Maybe I'll go wash crazy on the Spawn. Try and at least complete half my vow.

I reckon you could crack it all out in a few hours if you put your mind to it (and totally blotted out everything else :P) - batch painting sixty marines at a time isn't the most sensible thing I've ever done, but it's going well all things considered.

I think grenades next instead of trim, as it's a slightly different green, and then trim them all before flesh and tidying of armour...

Mentally mapping it out definitely helps!

Done batch painting. Get bored too quickly. If I ever get an airbrush sorted then it'll be zenithal batch spraying.

tried that on the chosen (^above^), but found that highlights won;t come out as sharply as I'd like. I'm moving back to edge highlighting with the brush.

Done batch painting. Get bored too quickly. If I ever get an airbrush sorted then it'll be zenithal batch spraying.

tried that on the chosen (^above^), but found that highlights won;t come out as sharply as I'd like. I'm moving back to edge highlighting with the brush.

That's what you should do and what so many don't. Pure airbrush rarely looks right but it's another tool to use alongside the brush.

That's one beautiful squad, Flint. Congrats on the excellent finish!

I finished painting my the Rhino I vowed as part of my Call of Chaos VII today. Here's a pic. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20141213_002_zpse0b8b3f8.jpg

More pics -of all sides and the top- here.

Rhino look really cool Augustus b'Raass, really like the base that been added & same with the unit of Chosen you've updated.  Are you picking up Night Hunter from Forge World, be really cool to see how you paint up the Primarch of the VIII Legion

Holidays have started now, aim Thursday & Friday to get this lot built, Forge World order arrive yesterday :D  Apart from the Helbrute, everything here for Call of Chaos.  Just have a Warpsmith left to order this weekend & pick up a few boxies for my Terminators.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC08965_zps07e54797.jpg

Archived