Flesh Tearer Supplement Speculation

Father Mapple

I seriously can not contain my enthusiasm any more. I paint my marines as almost Flesh Tearers and use their iconography a lot. I enjoy their fluff, and think, with a model actually still on the GW store for their chapter master, that they're the most likely to get a supplement to go along with the Blood Angels codex. 

What rules or items do you see being possible and realistic? Not "All units S5 T5, FNP 3+, 4+ invul, Rage, Rampage, 2A." or whatever. 

I would see their supplement along the lines of previous ones: Chaos supplements are FOC manipulation and rules additions to existing rules, Farsight is IC, FOC manipulation, and repaint. Iyanden is repaint and FOC manipulation, plus psyker stuff. Sentinels and Raukaan are expansions of existing rules and themes, Ghazkull is FOC manipulation and formations, Great Company is FOC manipulation and rules expansion, Covens is an emphasis on a type of model and formations, etc. 

I see a Flesh Tearer Supplement being closer to Great Company and Sentinels/Clan ones.

-5-6 minor Relics (heavy chainsword as equipment, Amit's double chainfist terminator armor, flaying knives option for tacticals, some bolter thats souped up or assault, etc),

-warlord traits (more fearless/morale boosting, increase in Red Thirst mechanic, hatred, fear) 

-formations - all drop pods force, all death company force, all rhino/razorback rush, etc.

-Additional rules - I suspect restriction on Sanguinary Guard and veteran units (0-1 each), but an increase in effectiveness of the "normal" troops to show how they all have to be generalists in small companies. More death company - maybe a 0-2 instead of 0-1. Increased close combat prowess - rage for all, etc.

Comments, speculations? The only codexes not getting supplements are Grey Knights and Astra Militarum (though, with Militarum Tempestus being it's own force but using IG units, it's in a weird quasi-supplement spot). 

Index  Astartes.
and it was unlimited Rhino chassis, and 0-1 per chassi and they were the only ones to have DC dredds.

If memory serves.

edit. citedfrom the book.

"Limited resources.
As Flesh Tearers forces tend to have little in the way of armoured vehicles, only one tank (Predator, Whirlwind, Vindicator or Land Raider) may be chosen for each detachment. You are, however, unlimited in the number of Rhinos and Razorbacks you may choose to take."

They still have whirlwinds and other heavy support.. In the ba books rafen and co have a close encounter.second book I think.

If there's another supplement, I hope it's the chapter where their chap master is a dread..I forget his name..

It's lord Daggan of the blood swords, from the book red fury.

Also I would be thrilled with a flesh tearers supplement, but realistically I'm just hoping they give Seth a boost and some cool traits.

Archived