Availability of Tallarn: Executioner

Phoebus

Tallarn: Executioner isn't even listed anywhere on the Black Library website.  There are blog posts linking to announcements and a free extract... but there isn't even a page saying it's sold out (like there are for other books).

What happened with this?  We're going on a year since it was released, right?

Last time they addressed it, "at least two years" was their policy for reprinting limited edition novellas.

Yup, and seems to be pretty consistent. Absolutely fair really!

You wonder whether Ravenlord or The Purge will be reprinted mind, if neither have sold out even now. 

Despite how good the latter is!

Last time they addressed it, "at least two years" was their policy for reprinting limited edition novellas.

They changed that policy. It is no longer two years, but one. Brotherhood of the Storm was re-released slightly over a year after the limited edition, and they were advertising the re-release for Corax: Soulforge for release in April/May on the back pages of some hardbacks this spring - which then did not happen, for whatever reasons. Which makes no bloody sense, since people would be more likely to buy the sequel if they could at least get the first Corax novella with it, right?

They changed that policy. It is no longer two years, but one. Brotherhood of the Storm was re-released slightly over a year after the limited edition, and they were advertising the re-release for Corax: Soulforge for release in April/May on the back pages of some hardbacks this spring - which then did not happen, for whatever reasons. Which makes no bloody sense, since people would be more likely to buy the sequel if they could at least get the first Corax novella with it, right?

And then see how well the second faired... still not sold out!

Thank you for the responses, all.  While I'm disappointed by the dearth of information on the actual website, I appreciate the feedback and information you've provided!

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the responses, all.  While I'm disappointed by the dearth of information on the actual website, I appreciate the feedback and information you've provided!

Pleased to know it's coming out next week (or imminently then!) according to White Dwarf with Harlequins in!

Does this mean a sequel will come too? The fact there is a seminar about it with French and Bligh at the weekender is promising!

It's been said it'll be at least a trilogy of shorts, from memory. I'd then think that'd be one anthology Heresy book.

I think it mentioned it'd be a huge story arc, as a sort of sub-set of the rest.

New Tallarn: Executioner Hardback novella is now available for pre-order from black library. 

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/tallarn-executioner-novella.html

There's a new novel about  Tallarn coming next month.

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab195/Pohjanpoika85/HHTal_zpsf1dfb1b4.jpg

I hope its written by John French.

Ditto! I'm stoked that we're apparently getting a surprise new HH novel, especially a Tallarn one, and -especially- if it's by Mr. French biggrin.png

As someone over at Warseer mentioned, "Ironclad" is part of the URL, so possibly the title?

Archived