I think the angle looks fine, though in the first photo I think the weapon needs to be straighter (I mean it seems to be angled to his left a little, compared to the direction of his forearm). As the autocannon option will be longer, as you said, I don't think you can lower the heavy bolter angle any more. :tu:

Yeah, the blu-tac holding the gun on struggled with the weight a little so he will be holding it properly once the glue gets used :smile.:

As a small update I kind of missed the boat with the TS bits - my preferred reseller was reporting GW as the only source by the time I got to it. I'm assuming this means they're out of their pre-order stock only and I'll get my chance later for some savings. Though with the amount of spending I've done on my Chaos of late and the model backlog this is probably a blessing in disguise :tongue.:

It appears I was out of date with this thread! Lots of cool models and kitbashing going on :) Was gonna ask where the Champion head came from but then I realised it was part of the body so I'm guessing it's a FW model?

Really like the HB Marine, an excellent way of making a unique heavy weapon pose - all too often they all look the same because of kit constraints.

As a bit of something different, I decided I had a little story piece to write even though I'm not very good at it:

"We are too late. They are gone."

Agni would have made a comment about stating the obvious, but she was too busy surveying the scene. Fires burnt and the smell of charred flesh was pungent still.

"The xenos put up a good fight, judging from the corpses," For gestured to the black power armoured bodies littering the area, raising his shemagh to cover his mouth.

"Quiet, I'm thinking," Agni snapped.

For ignored her and signalled for the others to move ahead and investigate.

"This isn't right. The Sunder are gone; for too long. They must have moved immediately after victory, how did they know we were so close?"

"If they did that is not why," For gestured back to one of his men ahead, who was peering over a wrecked xenos skimmer.

Agni gave him a look, but he merely nodded for her to follow as he headed towards the wreck.

"See here? Here?" he pointed at some of the bodies as they passed, "all their wounds are from the side or - mostly - from behind."

As they crested the hill and saw the final battlefield it was clear that the xenos were not the only ones put to the sword hours before.

"The Sunder turned on their allies, and took the artefact for themselves. Such is the nature of cowardly traitors!" Agni exclaimed, as much through frustration as contempt.

For gave another signal and his soldiers immediately began falling back.

"We must go, there is nothing to gain here, but I believe it is more than that. The Sunder are warriors; haughty as they come. Astartes, even traitors, would make for fine sport and challenge. I do not know why they would do this," he remarked as he shouldered his hotshot.

Agni's brow furrowed, as much from the hurrying back to the pick up point as figuring out why. Or perhaps thinking about the impending report to the Inquisitor Lord she'd have to make about her failure to locate her quarry in time.

"Wait, no..."

"We must make haste, before the xenos-"

"No, not that. This wasn't a betrayal, at least not from their point of view. Remember the vox we intercepted from Zkaelune, leader of the Host, to the Sunder? How we thought it odd that the Sunder of all brushed it off?"

For's eyes burst open as he realised what had happened.

"The insult was not forgotten. They had always planned to do this. Not sharing the spoils was just a bonus after they turned on the Host on the very moment of Zkaelune's victory."

For couldn't help but laugh. What dangerous enemies they were, if they could turn on their allies in such a calculating way. Yet the young aspirant pursued them doggedly, despite the risks at the behest of her master. Laughed too, for he and his Stormtroopers were tasked with keeping her alive as she did so. But at what price duty? Something even the likes of the Sunder understood, even if it was - against all reason - upholding the honour of the mask they wore when they were still loyal.

Edited by WarriorFish

Just to prove I'm still working... albeit on the wrong things (as usual?):

gallery_30308_10249_39321.jpg

Champ two pose mock up, I'll magnetise the hands for swaps as before and find a xenos head for him to stand on :)

Nice work. Will that head have pointy ears?;) Or have you decided on another nemesis for them?

And I liked the fluff piece.

Any chance we'll see the Sunder in Inspirational Friday sometime? :)

Thanks :D Naturally Eldar is my first pick for decapitation :lol:

I'm not particularly great at fluff bits, I need the idea first so I've not had anything appropriate in my mind so far as they have particular angles. I'm hoping that this changes as I spend more time on my CSM projects and their background starts to fill out :)

I'm thinking of renaming this "WarriorFish's Indecisive Blog", but I'm not sure on the wording...

At least progress is being made. The poor daylight has scuppered my painting plans so I won't make much progress there unfortunately. I did follow up on a great idea of using apothecaries as IoEs - this suits a "recently" turned chapter as well as the Sunder's natural snobbiness (why degrade their lineage with lesser geneseed?):

gallery_30308_10249_43510.jpg

I have the backback too, so I think he'll be pretty cool when done :biggrin.: I did managed to get his left arm off after taking this picture when I realised I'll be trying to paint him at some point :tongue.: I plan to roll this out to all normal squads, though I'll need to source some more apothecary bits including for Terminators as well as alter the PA arm pose for some variety (I have some ideas).

I've found the weapons I'll need for the second Champ's magnetising too so things are coming together nicely :smile.:

I like the idea of Apothecaries for icons! Keeps the appearance consistent, I don't think a big ol' Chaos banner would quite fit in with the Sunders aesthetic - both in TT and their fluff :P Speaking of which I liked the fluff, hints at some depth to them (beyond moustache twirling evil which is always dull for an antagonist) without revealing too much. I'd like to read more!

Playing around with BattleScribe as they've got the updated TL bits. Revised a planned 1250pts list to include two Sorcerers. Most of the army is still in bits boxes, so there's nothing to lose by throwing lists around at this stage :tongue.:

Hidden Content
········Force Options (Supplement options here) [Emperor's Children]

+ HQ (175pts) +

········Sorcerer (95pts) [Aura of dark glory, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War, Warlord]

········Sorcerer (80pts) [bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War]

+ Elites (310pts) +

········Chaos Terminators (310pts) [icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Veterans of the Long War]
············Chaos Terminator [Combi-melta, Powerfist]
············Chaos Terminator [Combi-melta, Lightning Claw]
············Chaos Terminator [Combi-Bolter, Lightning Claw]
············Chaos Terminator [Combi-Bolter, Lightning Claw]
············Terminator Champion [Combi Bolter, Power Sword]
············Terminator with Heavy Weapon [Powerfist, Reaper Autocannon]

+ Troops (496pts) +

········Chaos Space Marines (248pts) [9x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Meltagun, 9x Take CCW, Veterans of the Long War]
············Aspiring Champion [bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]

········Chaos Space Marines (248pts) [9x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Meltagun, 9x Take CCW, Veterans of the Long War]

+ Heavy Support (268pts) +

········Havocs (268pts) [4x Autocannon, 9x Close Combat Weapon, 9x Havoc, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Veterans of the Long War]

Looks like a solid, fluffy list. I do have 2 suggestions though. You might want to upgrade your 2 termie powerfists to chainfists so you can tackle AV 13 and AV 14 more effectively. In addition, I prefer to keep my heavy weapons havocs at squad size 5. Your squad size of 10 with upgraded champ more befits an assault special weapon havoc squad. Consider dropping some of your havocs and use the points to give your sorcerors the sigil and mastery level 2 (or swap out your autocannons for flamers and a rhino).

Thanks Tallarn :smile.: I'm not 100% sure on my Havocs yet - I like autocannons and a squad of them would be cool (especially the models I'm working on) but maybe they're not such a great fit for a list like this as you say. Maybe drop them down to eight Marines? How many heavy weapons would you give a five model Havoc squad?

I'd always give a havoc squad 4 special/heavy weapons, any less and I feel like I'm missing out on some more firepower. Generally I think 6 is a big enough squad so you have a couple extra bodies before you start losing heavy weapons.

Also no rhinos? Pretty essential for csm squads so they have more mobility.

Now I have the TL book in my hands I messed around to create a Rapture list:

+ Core (1398pts) +

········Chaos Warband (1398pts)
············Chaos Lord [Jump Pack, 2x Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Warlord]
············Chaos Space Marines [9x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Meltagun, 9x Take CCW, Veterans of the Long War]
················Aspiring Champion [boltgun, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]
············Chaos Space Marines [9x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Meltagun, 9x Take CCW, Veterans of the Long War]
················Aspiring Champion [boltgun, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]
············Chaos Terminators [icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, Veterans of the Long War]
················Chaos Terminator [Combi-Bolter, Lightning Claw]
················Chaos Terminator [Combi-melta, Powerfist]
················Chaos Terminator [Combi-melta, Lightning Claw]
················Terminator Champion [Combi Bolter, Power Sword]
················Terminator with Heavy Weapon [Powerfist, Reaper Autocannon]
············Havocs [4x Autocannon, 9x Havoc, Mark of Slaanesh, Veterans of the Long War]
················Aspiring Champion [bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Melta Bombs]
············Raptors [icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, 2x Meltagun, 9x Raptor, Veterans of the Long War]
················Raptor Champion [bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]

+ Command (315pts) +

········Lord of the Legion (315pts)
············Daemon Prince [Close Combat Weapon, Intoxicating Elixer, Mastery Level 3, Power Armour, Slaanesh, Wings]

+ Auxiliary (33pts) +

········Spawn (33pts)
············Chaos Spawn [Mark of Slaanesh, Spawn]

I'm a little disappointed in the restrictions as they seem to offer a bit less choice. The Auxiliary choices in particular are poor. If you don't want to spend a lot of points you're out of luck unless you lump for poor Mr Spawn. Maybe he can cause some mischief by appearing not worth shooting :tongue.: Warband isn't so bad as it has units I want to get, but once it was filled out it didn't give many options for me as additions so I ended up using the DP as a bit of a points sink to avoid losing more in another Warband unit.

I'm not sure at the moment, but the drugs bonus is hard to pass up... Plan is simple, Lord, DP and Raptors act as a forward element while the rest follows as a next wave. Havocs offer some fire support and the Spawn tries to be as annoying as possible :laugh.:

Possible revisions are dropping some of the point sinks for CSM Rhinos (though the issue would be in so few vehicles) and swapping Raptors for Bikes?

First batch of Daemonettes from the Made to Order have arrived! :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10249_111200.jpg

Everything appears to be in order. Or rather the number of extra bits equal the model number, but I have no idea which pieces are supposed to match :tongue.:

You may be glad to know that for once I actually have a good idea of how I'm going to paint them already :smile.: Thinking of matching the Sunder's scheme, replacing the white with a more fleshy tone and maybe exchanging gold for brass?

Noice! As far as assembly I think that the ball-and-socket conections are fairly universal- provided you're careful to avoid backwards arms, you can assemble them how you like.

Regarding colours, I have a few ideas:

1: Match the CSM colour layout, down to the divide. So have them half-pink and half-white. The tones should be fleshier, but still fairly similar.

2: Go for the classic 3.5 scheme, with wine-red claws, black clothes and white skin.

3: Go for the reverse of that with crimson skin and white claws.

That's good to know Squigs, I have another 20 Daemonettes to come so this will help keep them a bit different to each other :smile.:

I didn't think of going for a half scheme on the Daemonettes too, but as they are very slender I wonder if there'd be enough room for it to work? Inverting the colours is an idea too. Perhaps I should experiment with these ideas and see how they look - one of the advantages of metal models is how easy they are to strip after all :thumbsup:

They are quite slender it's true, though I reckon with very careful brushwork (or you could cheat and mask/airbrush them) it should work, at least in theory. It would definitely look better on them than the plastic Daemonettes for certain, as those corsets are infuriatingly fiddly to paint.

Perhaps have it be more of a colour fade than a hard defined line? Again, you could cheat and undercoat them white before dusting them from one side with pink, either via airbrush or spray can.

You could always do what I'm planning on doing and do every Daemonette pack a different colour scheme (though for your army I'd recommend choosing a base "palette" and applying it in different fashions to the various packs, rather than my Rogue Trader-esque plan of doing every single squad in my Slaaneshi Daemon army a different, clashing colour scheme).

Alternatively, if you wanted to have a unified colour scheme but have them totally different from the CSMs, I'd recommend picking up the 3rd edition Tyranid codex. It has some really, really good bits on painting (and modelling) and a wealth of colour schemes that could easily be applied to Slaaneshi Daemons.

Really great you got the classic Slannesh Daemons, Warriorfish.

If your looking for sort flesh colour scheme, maybe have a look that useing Rakarth Flesh, maybe with purple shade, then apply Rakarth flesh, there a few other colour but I'll need to check the names & try get back.

Did you mange to get the Terminators from the new Heresy box set to add to your Warband as well?