I tie armies together by their bases, and my entire collection with Graveyard Earth/Steel Legion Drab sides. It's probably as much force of habit as anything else now :P I think I'll aim for two or three Rubrics next and along with the shoulder transfer I should have an idea of what different - if at all - I'd like to do with the robe colourings :)

I say stick with the robe colour as it is, though maybe a black base rim would look better but if it's matching your other units I guess that wouldn't work. I've done black bases on my new Inquisition models and I'm really happy with how it looks. Maybe worth experimenting with though? It's easily corrected if you don't like it. I reckon your Sunder Marines would benefit from black bases too!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pondering this colour for the tabard cloth:

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cypher5.1.jpg

It's Skrag brown > Tau Light Ochre > Screaming Skull > White Scar, and I think I have most of these colours or something close enough.

I'm pondering the Exalted to provide character options, they look pretty cool but I'm not particularly keen on mutations. Can anyone elaborate on the contents please? Are you set on using discs for some of them too?

I'm still not decided on the cloth colours, so started work on the follow up:

gallery_30308_10249_28254.jpg

He's not fully glued, so I should be able to paint the bits easier. I think I'll build another couple before starting painting, that way I can do them in batches of three :smile.:

Just to say if it help. Warhammer TV Duncan posted up a guide on the Cypher model if it is any help toward the loin cloth

​Then maybe look that adding a transfer or hand painting a icon to rep your command warband?

That's a pretty nifty method, but I think it might be a bit too similar to the current colour? My plan is to experiment on the Rubrics as I get them ready until I'm happy with something then I can repaint the Sorcerer (as he won't want more than another repaint) so I'll give it a go along with Tzen's colours :smile.:

I did check the transfers out last week, seems like there's two different sets of the spiral emblem? I'm guessing this is just a bit of variety and it doesn't matter, given there's five of each and a total of 10 models! I plan to put a Tzeentch flame on the Sorcerer, likely his tabard :smile.:

The Exalted box is amazing WF. I am on my second box.

As far as contents, I have to admit originally I was not hot on the mutations but as I've played Thousand Sons they've grown on me.... I guess change IS good. :)

But for your cause I wouldn't worry about being forced to use them because the box contents are crazy good. The mix and match aspect of the box is fantastic and as said I'm on my second box where I am building another 3 Sorcs (some Exalted, some not exalted, but all Sorcs) and they will be unique compared to the original 3.... you can easily make 6 fairly different looking guys out of two boxes. So you can use 'normal' heads and arms. The one guy on the flame who is kind of 'floating'... he has mutated lower legs/feet. That guy is the one piece I think you would be forced to use as a mutation.

As far as a Disk; yes - definitely recommend you use one Disk Exalted. You may not want to use him every game, but he's probably going to win you over in a lot of games. The extra T, attack, is of course great, but at end game the ability to peel off.... well there's a bit of an art to it, but there will be turns you can move a foot, fire off psychic powers, then turbo out of LoS in the shooting phase. Very helpful for end game goals as well.

I think it was mostly by accident, but then that's not unusual. Watermelon pink it is, maybe you need to name something for my Rubrics next so they don't feel left out? :tongue.: I'm not sure how well it'll work on vehicles and their larger flat surfaces, but the orange wash does seem to be rather good with how it goes on. I'm still a way from any vehicles though so that question won't be answered any time soon.

I'm getting excited for progress, the season is coming to an end soon which will free up time for hobby and of course the enhanced sun status is prime opportunity for painting (and better pictures :tongue.: )!

Uh, that's the first time I see a purple Thousand Son. And he's rocking that color better than any Emperor's Child could hope to. No wonder they're pumping themselves full of drugs all the time, that must be hard to stomach.

That's more dark blue than purple tho imo.

Also Emperor's Children are wearing black/pink in 40k, not purple. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

All the 8th tidbits we're hearing have helped stoked the fires so I'm looking to get my CSM done ready for launch if possible. These two are nearing completion :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_16609.jpg

I'm also more eager to get my Sons going, got a feeling we might see them given the love they deserve... here's hoping! :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

Got the next two ready for when these are done:

gallery_30308_10249_11176.jpg

Working towards that second squad slowly but surely :smile.: With the advent of 8th (I'm really keen to use my Sons now... they may yet grow in number!) I might have to throw out my original plan for upgrades. If that means I get to use my nifty 30k HBs sounds good to me! :biggrin.: