First Terminator is finished, the method proven so I will move on the the remaining four to get them done as soon as I can - perhaps this weekend if I'm really lucky?

gallery_30308_10249_19305.jpg

Now my (foot?) Daemonette collection is complete I'm tempted to start on some more of them next. I even made an experimental 1000pts list with a Patrol detachment of Daemonettes. That's 21 models including a Herald conversion/bash compared to five Terminators though so we'll see :tongue.: Maybe I should convert up that Sorcerer to take advantage of all this Smite nonsense...

The squad is now complete!

gallery_30308_10249_104269.jpg

Plus better close ups of the four new Terminators:

gallery_30308_10249_95390.jpg

I'm not sure how many Marines I've painted recently but it's a lot, so I think now I've got to 750pts its time to look to the 1000pts expansion and the addition of Daemonettes :smile.: Before that though I even did a little bit of background to introduce the former 1st Company:

gallery_30308_10249_2378.png

The Swords of Victory's 1st Company was long known as the Kindred, for their bonds of brotherhood were famously strong even for Space Marines. Each veteran Battle Brother knew his peers as well as he knew himself and each squad performed in peerless unity; a concert of martial perfection and utter faith in the brother beside him. Any foe exploiting an advantage would only be confronted by another Kindred waiting for him to do so, for their battle rituals had such harmony there were no true weaknesses - only perceived ones left as bait. Such a thing could only be possible by the Kindred and their matchless training and faith; so would the arrival of even a single squad of Kindred - almost always in their iconic Tartaros war plate - signal victory for no enemy could stand against them.

The fall of the Swords of Victory and subsequent rise of the Sundering Call saw the Kindred not present, for they had detoured to a target of opportunity after the victory on Lilaethan. This would prove to be a fortuitous twist of fate for the Kindred rallied their brothers around and solidified the fledgling renegades into the host that would come to be recognised with dread. Instilling their own sense of importance on brotherhood and skill at arms they were instrumental in forming the Sunder and established themselves as a powerful part of the war band for it.

Despite the Sunder's rejection of who they once were it is the Kindred's strict adherence to their own traditions that has them mirror the Swords in structure and attitude in many ways, and perhaps most ironic of all sees them as such a cohesive fighting force that they are not too dissimilar from a Codex adherent chapter that they would despise for it. It is little surprise that the Inquisitorial conclaves of the surrounding sectors view them as one of the most extreme of threats - something the Call's ego is most pleased with!

They're still packed away from my last game, but I'd need to clear some room first due to all the paint pots :tongue.: A Rhino is on the list, probably for when I stop basing lists around my first 500pts. Plus I don't have one yet but I do have lots of everything else so I should finish some more models before adding to the ever growing pile.

Speaking of which, I am pondering more Terminators... I'm thinking of a FW squad so I can equip them with power weapons and not be forced to take lightning claws. I'm not sure if I'd have use for 20 Terminators though, perhaps using two to convert a TDA Lord and Sorcerer might alleviate that a bit? Five man squads is still a but annoying, but I doubt I'd take enough to warrant so many FOC slots so probably be able to take some 6 or 7 model squads. We'll see after their performance on the table top :tongue.:

Nabbed a quick army shot, first time the 750pts list is together :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_18070.jpg

Thinking on the Terminators again what are people's thoughts on dual lightning claws? The extra attack is nice, but I'm not sure it's better than a combi-bolter throwing some shots around for a fair bit cheaper. Might just be better for a Lord build? He's certainly done well with them in power armour plus it fits the image of Yjun I've always had (and he's apparently carving out on the table top...).

That is a fantastic looking group shot! Such a bold scheme was always going to look great with a load of models together :tu: I shall bang my Rhino drum again in regard to a vehicle really popping with all those infantry around it ;)

So far I'm really liking stormbolters, the sheer firepower they have within 12" now is amazing. Not tried combi-bolters yet I confess but I'd say maybe save the dual lightning claws for the character? I don't know how many poses there are possible with the Tartaros lightning claws and you definitely want your lord to stand out.

As part of the streamlining combi-bolters and stormbolters are identical so they'll be just as capable at shooting, and they're quite a bit cheaper than a lightning claw. I was thinking it'd be a good way to make use of all my Terminators but perhaps it's best to keep it for a Lord. Maybe that could be a project along with the Daemonettes?

Next project begins: Daemonettes!

gallery_30308_10249_1462.jpg

Since I have one already I thought it a good idea to finish a squad with batches of three :smile.: Since they're not valid vows for Diu ad belli I thought it a good opportunity for something a bit different. Here's the Sunder's first Sorcerer:

gallery_30308_10249_21695.jpg

He has a magnetised sword and backback for future options :smile.:

No bad progress for the day:

gallery_30308_10249_11896.jpg

Plus two Daemonettes (one lost her arm before priming... I'll glue her over the weekend to catch up). I'm going for some variety in bits but I'm not sure how far to go. Spicing the loin cloths up is easy and works nicely but I'm not sure on how much to do as they still need to be cohesive as an army.

gallery_30308_10249_34400.jpg

You can see the tester model as a comparison, I'm thinking I should keep the "hair"/claws and armour colours to help tie them together as a force? The off-melon orange along with the odd melon/pink clothing should help tie them to the Sunder's scheme neatly along with the same bases. Any ideas?

The sorcerer looks excellent :tu:

I'm glad you magnetised the backpack as giving him a jump pack is a really useful option.

Your daemonettes are looking good too. I think keeping the claws and horns the same colour across the army is a good idea with just the loincloths been different for different squads.

After looking at the rules for Seekers I understand how you feel! Advancing and charging (with an instrument) and they'll cover 19-34"!

Is there any chance you can make one a Herald too?

I like the one on the right. A lot. The white loincloth ties strongly into your CSM army while remaining almost perversely virginal. Maybe even make the armbands/bracers white too, while the hair, talons and blades can be similar to the reddish coloring on the left half of your renegade marines. Maybe make all the hair roots different colors, but the tips all gradually turn to crimson.

Thanks brothers, I'll get another picture done today for comparison Tee. I'd like there to be some variety as the Sunder themselves are intentionally very uniform but the trick is as always getting the right amount... I'm now thinking I should just stick to a bit of variety in loin cloth and keep everything else the same? Maybe slight variations on melon colour as Azekai suggests to supplement that.

I think the right hand scheme works best to keep the army looking cohesive. On another note you must be minted to have a bunch of the Diaz daemonettes... Oh how I envy you!

Logically, it seems more likely that the fabrics would be uniform and the hair/skin/talons variable, but I can't say artistically/ease-wise what would be best.

Also, if you want to go for hair reds, I would put them at the root rather than the tips for metaphorical purposes.

I'm not sure how much logic there is from the Warp :wink: I'm looking at it from a model point of view, for example not all of them have some armour on or additional "clothing" so the claws and hair are consistent and the most readily noticeable part on the models. So in theory lots of melon(ish) heads and claws waving around should make them appear united on the table top.

I'm sure I'll get a better idea once I have a few painted and put them together, then I can revise my plans if necessary :smile.: I'll try and get these two done quickly with that in mind - with the temperature as it is I've given up on attempting any more glueing for the time being!

He's almost done, and as a special bonus my first fancy blade:

gallery_30308_10249_25719.jpg

I thought something to make the sword stand out as a force weapon would be cool and I think it turned out nicely for a first attempt :) Won't take too long to finish him off :D Here's a comparison shot with him and the Daemonettes:

gallery_30308_10249_27392.jpg

The Sorcerer looks great! He'll do well on the table too :tu:

I like Kierdales idea of using the loincloth colour to designate squads. If you have a lot of models with limited poses then you really have to be careful in how you paint them. I did about 9000 Death Company the other year and with lots of old metal models I had to be patient in how I built each one to ensure there were no duplicates. With the Daemonettes however you will have less options so you will have to rely on variations of colour.

Keeping to a select few colour variations will tie them in to the army (other peeps have covered this well so I won't repeat the good advice), you'll have to be creative in how to use them differently. My advice would be to do small batches to ensure each batch you paint up has variations to what you've painted before. Good luck! :)

Historically I've been awful at squad designation... I don't like being tied to certain builds and having to pay attention to what line model I pack :P Even the planned use of colours on the Sunder evaporated. I'm the type of person who can put 60 Guardsmen on the table and know which belongs to what squad during the game though :lol: I have 55 models - some will be cannibalised for Heralds so if we call that five squads of ten it could work, but the chances are I'll run them as 20+ models. I suppose you could have "red and pink squad" but that's still restrictive.

There is some choice in poses, from some variety in claw and angle but I'll complete these and add a few more, see how it goes :) Though with the temperature I doubt I'll get any more assembled for a bit as it's too warm for the super glue...