I've pondered it a bit and I'm not sure either way yet, I'll see how they look once they're finished. It won't be too much trouble to paint it something else if it doesn't work (or turn the pink to melon!) :wink:

I've been also musing on further additions... after seeing some other work I think MkIII armour will be fine for the Sunder, it might just be the helmets that fit less. Or perhaps that's purely down to how heavily MkIV they are - might assemble a couple MkIII Marines for some melon and white.

I'm also giving more thought to vehicular additions. While a Rhino or two are first on the list it'd be worth expanding to other things, especially stuff I can't do elsewhere. Over time I've grown fonder of the Heldrake (again, some great paint jobs and conversions I've seen) so I'm wondering about adding one. I've heard they're not bad in 8th too, and it'll be good to have non-Marine things to break up the power armoured hordes.

I've refined some of the colours, so I've updated the original to match for a grand total of three Daemonettes:

gallery_30308_10249_57343.jpg

Here are the new additions:

gallery_30308_10249_1043.jpg

Sadly the sun has apparently retired for the day behind some rain clouds so I couldn't get any better shots :sad.: I experimented with a blood drop effect on the dagger (Blood for the Blood God mostly glared from the picture...) and it turned out ok for a first attempt I reckon I can do better next time :smile.:

Three is starting to come together but I'll need a few more to get a better feel for them as a force I think. So far I think the colours are fine especially with the slightly tweaked melon for the hair and claws. Another 18 to go for my 1000pt list, but now I've settled on the main colours and apparently got a lot quicker at blending tiny gem stones they should be a little faster to product.

I have realised that I don't have any way of denoting an Alluress so I'll need to come up with a solution at some point towards the end of this batch. Perhaps trying my hand at some tattoos or maybe something more basic like a base decoration?

A small break from the Daemonettes now I've mostly nailed their colours - a kit bashed TDA Sorcerer!

gallery_30308_10249_70998.jpg

Uses some Scarab Occult bits to give him a bit of a different look to the other Tartaros Termies (but not too fancy - that will be reserved for the TDA Lord :tongue.: ). Blutac wasn't doing so well but the rough pose is there. I've got to magnetise the hands yet and I'd like to change the staff head to something so he's not quite ready for Diu ad belli. I hope to get him primed next week :smile.:

He's coming along nicely now I've started some GS too - tarted with a bit of card for the base:

gallery_30308_10249_4829.jpg

I've put him in the sun to help cure a bit faster, hopefully I can finish the back today:

gallery_30308_10249_4223.jpg

Not bad for the first sculpting in some time, with some scrolls from the Scarab Occult I think he should look suitably different as a Sorcerer :smile.: Then I'll just need to find something for the staff head and magnetise the hands and he'll be ready for priming :thumbsup:

I'm looking to get most of the model done before the last green stuffing on the tabard (it's curing now, should be fine to complete this evening). I've got this so far, though it's not glued yet:

gallery_30308_10249_6554.jpg

Would the "brace" part be ok all gold for example with the white/blue blend on the blade parts? At the bottom is the scrolls bit from the Scarabs which I plan to put just above the tabard :)

He's now ready for priming, and not a moment too soon as the light is fading!

gallery_30308_10249_42591.jpg

The tabard came out nicely, much better than I expected after so long. Good job I found my sculpting tools :tongue.: Thanks to a bit of kit bashing I reckon he'll look nicely different to the other Terminators so he stands out - but not too much, lest Yjun get jealous :wink: That also means I can save some of the fancier Tartaros bits to make my TDA Lord - almost certainly with dual lightning claws. Maybe not the best build for him but definitely the coolest :laugh.:

Thanks Skerr the method is quite straight forward so I'm sure you'll have no trouble adapting it to your needs :thumbsup: A black primer is followed by a thinnish Ceramic White coat - mostly to cover the black ok. This is followed up by another to get a good covering and make sure I get everywhere. Then all gold is based with Baneblade Brown, though I'm sure any similar colour would do. The gold is Auric Armour Gold, a couple of coats does that.

Then comes the Nuln Oil, I load up the brush fairly well and aim at the edges/recesses of the gold. The raised areas are easy enough to make sure they're covered as you do this as the main thing is to make sure there's a fair bit along the various grooves. If it pools a bit too much just redistribute it it's easy enough to touch up with some more Ceramic White once dried :smile.:

I originally treated the white to a thin layer or two of White Scar but it doesn't stand out that much so I save it for characters, but even so I'm thinking of skipping it entirely as I'm not convinced anyone can notice :laugh.: If you want to go the extra mile I'm sure some very careful application of Sigmarite would help the gold pop, I used it on my Thousand Sons following Duncan's guide.

If you give it a go let me know so I can check your WIP out :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

He's complete in the nick of time:

gallery_30308_10249_70904.jpg

Looking forward to getting my new models on the table tomorrow, plus it'll be nice to be able to take pictures with some daylight to help :tongue.:

Plus here's a quick Terminator shot:

gallery_30308_10249_79972.jpg

The plan is simple: teleport in, Warp Time and kill everything. There is no plan B :laugh.:

Had my 750pts game yesterday, and as it turns out plan Bs are probably a good idea or at least a better plan A :tongue.: I got first turn (which always feels refreshing when you're used to playing Guard) and send in my forces with the Terminators teleporting in.

gallery_30308_10077_27837.jpg

Duly casting Warp Time and granting the Terminators their 5+ FNP they head off to see what they can do - shooting the other assault squad on the way on (the Reaper doing nothing, sadly).

gallery_30308_10077_9714.jpg

My dice weren't great all day and it showed again here, not doing as much as I had hoped but the Champion nicks the Captain one which is nice.

gallery_30308_10077_40372.jpg

The Sorcerer fluffs all his rolls and gets New Model Syndrome out of the way quickly... leading to a pile in on the Terminators.

gallery_30308_10077_122980.jpg

The Terminators don't go down without a fight though, inflicting a fair few casualties on the way (even if the apothecary keeps bring them back) and the Champion stubbornly holds on long enough to give my BP/CCW squad the chance to charge in.

gallery_30308_10077_8038.jpg

Sadly their rolls are rubbish and they achieve little, which is exactly what my heavy weapons had been doing all game. They make a small effort as the squad holds against the oncoming tide but even with Endless Cacophony the squad's shooting is poor.

gallery_30308_10077_13614.jpg

They do better in combat, with the Champion cutting down the Captain but it was only ever going to end one way.

gallery_30308_10077_16450.jpg

While I knew that spending about half your points on six models is probably not the best idea I really missed the Lord's re-rolls. They're potent as a multiplier as well as more than capable themselves. I think the Battalion having one more Troop and HQ requirement compared to the old classic FOC is a safe bet in that regard, get a couple of HQs around and those Troops will do quite well in forming a core to a list.

So quite convenient that Daemonettes are added to the CSM list as they're next on my list. Perhaps a couple squads there and a TDA Lord to assist the Terminators is the way forward?

The Lord is a quick job in theory before the end of the month as a last hurrah for Diu ad belli... I had a bit of inspiration with the crest. I'll do what I can over the weekend maybe even finishing him if I'm lucky.

Daemons are still floating around at the top of my list currently, I'll need to review the Rhino costs and options first :tongue.: Is the havoc launcher thingy any good, or is it best to stay cheaper and stick to a combi-bolter?

To make my sig link title accurate again... the Daemonette that got away is seeing paint and I've managed to reduce the method to it's most efficient core:

gallery_30308_10249_28812.jpg

This will greatly help as I slowly work my way through quite a few models, with the above main colours converted to only a few steps that will let me concentrate on the various details and bits which would take more time anyway. I've decided that I definitely need brighter colours for the loin cloths to help complement the main colours :smile.:

I've put my order in for the basing skulls (they seem to be popular, surprising nobody I'm sure) which will be a way to denote an Alluress in a pinch but I've got a few ideas I might try.

• 3 months later...

I'm back on the hobby horse again, though just construction work for now. I'm aiming to make ten Marine melta and plasma pistol CCW squads as a core to my Troops so I've assembled the models I need to do that, plus a magnetised plasma gunner:

gallery_30308_10249_38104.jpg

Backpacks and bases and they'll be ready for priming. I got myself a Daemon Prince as a small treat to help motivate me and it worked, hence the progress! He's almost done, hopefully to be ready for the new Daemon codex next year and also keeping my intended goal of getting daemons done here in spirit if not letter :tongue.:

gallery_30308_10249_31874.jpg

I removed the prongs on the sword, as well as some spikes on the shoulder pads to help him fit more with the CSM (plus I got annoyed with them poking me all the time).

gallery_30308_10249_9925.jpg

Probably surprises nobody to find that he's magnetised; will make for safer transport too which is good. Wings and dual talons is likely my main build I reckon, as lightning claws fit the Sunder as swords do and with the Intoxicating Elixir he should be hitting things very hard :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_11548.jpg

Last but not least the converted head, using a DE Chronos bit. Needs a little GS work to finish off but I think it works well just need to decide on how I'll paint it - might go back to that mask idea I had. He'll be a good commander for my Daemons too of course, so should be a solid HQ choice for the early allied Patrol Detachment days of my Daemonettes :biggrin.: